Anyone else still depressed as ******?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:01 am

Bav, the owners are tw@ts and everything else you've said is true, BUT - so is what you say about Woy. Its all gone backwards, but it started at the top so them two kunts have to go before anything can be fixed and rebuilt
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:03 am

Good luck Roy and welcome to Anfield.

As a LIVERPOOL fan i will support any new LIVERPOOL manager. Give the guy a chance before slating him. We are supposed to be the best fans in the world after all..... aren't we?

:kungfu:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:03 am

bored of the whole sorry mess to tell you the truth Bav but some around here will have you believe that all is well and we`ve just hired the best candidate available.

good luck Roy as i cant blame you for taking the job when it was offered, i really do hope you can handle the pressure of not only getting us back up there but doing it with so many c**** working above you.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:08 am

Dundalk wrote:Good luck Roy and welcome to Anfield.

As a LIVERPOOL fan i will support any new LIVERPOOL manager. Give the guy a chance before slating him. We are supposed to be the best fans in the world after all..... aren't we?

:kungfu:

double post

DD I appreciate the whole 'back Roy', I really do but do you honestly think he's the best man for the job or do we automatically support whoever gets brought in? I mean if we got Steve Bruce surely nobody would be saying 'lets see how he does' would they?

FWIW I am backing Roy  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:29 am

FWIW I like Roy and I think too many on here are quick to get on his back before he even starts. I would support any Liverpool manager that was too come in, thats not to say i would like them or be happy with the appointment. If Steve Bruce where to come in he would get my support but he would be FAR from first choice ( Closer to the bottom to be fair).

To me we are still stuck in a time where a foreign name means we are on to a good thing. How many out there would have been happy with say Roberto Mancini if he had got the job. Say for instance he never signed up with City and had been out of work for a year, Rafa then gets the boot and we go for Mancini.

I know rightly that most on here would be happy with that. Why? Because he is foreign? I also know a lot on here where getting excited about the thoughts of Pellegrini coming to manage our club!! I ask in all fairness who would you prefer - Pellegrini, Mancini or Roy?

Roy has got the job. He is a 62 year old English man who is not seen as a flair enough replacement, not good enough for LFC. And because of that we have a load of Liverpool fans on his back before he has even picked his first team. Where has all this come form? I thought we were the best fans in the world - instead a lot of us are acting like spoilt Real Madrid fans, demanding a change before a ball has been kicked.

Our club is in a very poor state at the moment and we are in the hands of people who are only in it to make money. They will, as Nannys sig states bleed us dry and we need to get them out but remember one thing - all of this is NOT Roys fault. He has taken over a sinking ship and given time I believe he can steady it, but he is going to need a lot of help and support and that all starts with us - the fans.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:32 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:I think I'm going to kill myself.

:laugh:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:44 am

Dundalk wrote:FWIW I like Roy and I think too many on here are quick to get on his back before he even starts. I would support any Liverpool manager that was too come in, thats not to say i would like them or be happy with the appointment. If Steve Bruce where to come in he would get my support but he would be FAR from first choice ( Closer to the bottom to be fair).

To me we are still stuck in a time where a foreign name means we are on to a good thing. How many out there would have been happy with say Roberto Mancini if he had got the job. Say for instance he never signed up with City and had been out of work for a year, Rafa then gets the boot and we go for Mancini.

I know rightly that most on here would be happy with that. Why? Because he is foreign? I also know a lot on here where getting excited about the thoughts of Pellegrini coming to manage our club!! I ask in all fairness who would you prefer - Pellegrini, Mancini or Roy?

Roy has got the job. He is a 62 year old English man who is not seen as a flair enough replacement, not good enough for LFC. And because of that we have a load of Liverpool fans on his back before he has even picked his first team. Where has all this come form? I thought we were the best fans in the world - instead a lot of us are acting like spoilt Real Madrid fans, demanding a change before a ball has been kicked.

Our club is in a very poor state at the moment and we are in the hands of people who are only in it to make money. They will, as Nannys sig states bleed us dry and we need to get them out but remember one thing - all of this is NOT Roys fault. He has taken over a sinking ship and given time I believe he can steady it, but he is going to need a lot of help and support and that all starts with us - the fans.

Good post mate.

I agree with that absolutely.
ConnO'var

Postby anti-hero » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:49 am

im actually pretty upbeat. :D

WE CANT do worse than last season. the thought of us doing worse wasnt even in my head once. its all upwards from here. i SERIOUSLY CANNOT SEE US BEING THAT LOW IN THE LEAGUE AGAIN. I JUST CANT. we are liverpool after all.  looking forward to Roy's rebuilding.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shawnk » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:04 am

anti-hero wrote:im actually pretty upbeat. :D

WE CANT do worse than last season. the thought of us doing worse wasnt even in my head once. its all upwards from here. i SERIOUSLY CANNOT SEE US BEING THAT LOW IN THE LEAGUE AGAIN. I JUST CANT. we are liverpool after all.  looking forward to Roy's rebuilding.

With world class players like Torres, Reina, Gerrard and Masch getting 7th place again? No effing way let alone outside 4th place. I'm pretty excited with a new manager and the coming season and I wish him luck. Sunny days incoming!
shawnk

Postby aCe' » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:09 am

I guess its going to take a while for people to realize that Rafa simply hadn't done enough to keep his job and rightly got sacked for it..
New manager in.. i dont get why people dont like him... I think Roy knows his football, he's good at handling the media, and im sure hes not that bad in terms of man management and keeping the players happy..

As many have said, we have the players to at least be in the top4 ... It all comes down to the tactics deployed by the manager and whether the players want to play for him or not... Im not sure a big name like Capello or Lippi would have worked for Liverpool, not after Rafa... My guess is that the owners looked at the players at our disposal and picked a manager that they thought would work best with the group available at the club... We obviously dont have the funds to afford to get a top manager AND the sort of players he would need to play his brand of football...

Anyways, like i said i like Roy as a manager ... Wouldnt have been top of my list but i for one think hes an improvement on what we had.. Hopefully we'll get off to a good start this season and everyone will get behind him because i feel as a club, Liverpool needs its fans now more than ever and the fans seem divided on so many different levels which is never a good thing..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:33 am

I don't wanna be depressed about the appointment of Roy anymore. I still do think it is a step backwards and the manager is the most important element in a team. But I believe it's time to get behind the manager and see what he can do. I've always liked Liverpool as a courageous underdog and Roy is an underdog. Let's hope he's courageous and fight as much as he can for the club. Because this club deserves this kind of commitment. Let's hope that Roy is to a manager what Kuyt is  to a player :D ie give 110% effort.

Having said that I'm depressed as :censored: that we can't even sign Henry who went to Red Bulls...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:07 am

I've actually found this thread refreshing reading apart from the opening post, which had me reaching for the razor blades (sorry Bav :D ).  A lot people are feeling refreshed by the managerial change and are looking forward to the new season as the turning of a new page for the club.  I'm firmly in that camp as well.  I think Roy will surprise and impress many who were less than fulsome in their enthusiasm when he was appointed.  Roll on Arsenal. :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:34 am

Cant say that I am with exception being owners situation Bav and I was someone who didnt want to see Rafa go.
Someone who was amazed at critique he was got in last three or seasons and downright gobsmacked by hatred after one poor season. Far as Im concerned he punched way above his weight considering the way league has gone in last decade.

However that being said he has gone and we have a new manager and Im looking forward to how the season pans out now.
Im not saying its going to be a bed of roses, maybe that's half attraction as I prefer the backs against the wall and see who truly has the mettle

Rafalution has finished , Roylution starts, bring it on

Besides it could have been worse we could have got that pouncy Porto princess Maureen  :p
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:43 am

with every new season there is hope and although I wasn't happy with Roys appointment at first you have to give him a chance, he is the manager of our club and he seems a good fella so lets get behind him god knows he needs it at time like this
roberto green

Postby babu » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:52 am

Scottbot wrote:You know what, I'm excited as FOOK for the new season!!!!!

Me too. Feck everything, I'm wanna be optimistic, its healthier.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion