Anyone else still depressed as ******?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:45 am

bavlondon wrote:I hope so mate. Id like nothing more than things to work out on the pitch but for me they won't work out there until they are sorted off the pitch. Let's see first if he manages to keep Stevie and Fernando.

Bav, I think you are about to tap into something that I've gotten the feeling about since the appointing of Roy as the manager.  It almost seems that any choice made under current ownership will be cast aside as a poor decision. 

The hatred of the owners is actually swaying people negatively toward Roy and any players that are being considered for signing on.

I do like the fact that one of the myths about Roy Hodgson's appointment has pretty much been laid to rest.  The point of him being a "Yes Man" can be put to bed with his calling out of Purslow.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:47 am

When did Hodgson lay anything to rest and " call out " Purslow ?
Benny The Noon

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:50 am

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=809165&sec=transfers&cc=5901

That IMO is Hodgson throwing Purslow under the Bus.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:00 am

Thats not really throwing him anywhere
Benny The Noon

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:09 am

Benny The Noon wrote:Thats not really throwing him anywhere

For a "Yes Man" wouldn't you equate that to calling Purslow out?
s@int - 13 December 2009

The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:22 am

Not really mate
Benny The Noon

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:28 am

Benny The Noon wrote:Not really mate

Fair enough.  I just read that as Roy's first volley towards the boardroom.
s@int - 13 December 2009

The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:29 am

Nah not yet mate .
Benny The Noon

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:19 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Liverpool F.C never employs a sh!t feckin manager like Roy Hodgson lets get it out the way once and for all.
The fella went tp Llandudno on his holidays ffs that should tell you all you want to know.
Steady the ship? steady the ship cause we are heading towards the feckin ice berg thats why.

who gives a damn where he goes for his holidays?  :Oo:

i see the usual kids jumping on the bandwagon
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:25 am

Well in fairness where the bloke goes on his holidays was a bit out of left field. There have been some bizarre criteria used before in order to dismiss some very good managers, and where he goes on holiday was easily as baffling of any of them.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:57 am

I don't think Roy is s yes man to be honest now . I certainly think he's made  it chrystal clear what he's here to do and that is coach .In his last few interviews he's defo thrown a few verbel sideswipes at purslow . Now if purslow wants to be manager and decide who comes in and who goes . WE ALL NO WHERE TO LAY THE BLAME . I'm made up that Roy has set his stall out so early , CECIL will be in the sh!t soon enough . He is not a football manager or a football man . He is a banker and a LBO expert , he does not have the nouse or the footballing brain to make these decisions. Thanks to ROY though this will become apparent soon enough . Good for you Roy . Roy wanted Insua to stay , Christy sold him . Just the start of the process ROY , hold firm mate and stick to your guns.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:18 am

Ciggy wrote:Liverpool F.C never employs a sh!t feckin manager like Roy Hodgson lets get it out the way once and for all.
The fella went tp Llandudno on his holidays ffs that should tell you all you want to know.
Steady the ship? steady the ship cause we are heading towards the feckin ice berg thats why.

I can understand some people being afraid for the future but its really like a kid being afraid of the dark. The unknown can be scary but mostly its all in the mind.
To call our manager sh'it is really quite sad. I hope you feel better and more positive soon because although what you say shows you care, its coming across that youre actually anti-LFC
???
Thommo's perm

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:25 am

Thommo's perm wrote:To call our manager sh'it is really quite sad. I hope you feel better and more positive soon because although what you say shows you care, its coming across that youre actually anti-LFC
???

:laugh:  :laugh:made me laugh that , Anti LFC
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:26 am

I guess some "fans" only support the club when we're winning. Oh well, they always have Chelsea and Man City. Roy has my backing and I'm sure he will improve on last season's disgraceful performances and results.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:27 am

Igor Zidane wrote:I don't think Roy is s yes man to be honest now . I certainly think he's made  it chrystal clear what he's here to do and that is coach .In his last few interviews he's defo thrown a few verbel sideswipes at purslow . Now if purslow wants to be manager and decide who comes in and who goes . WE ALL NO WHERE TO LAY THE BLAME . I'm made up that Roy has set his stall out so early , CECIL will be in the sh!t soon enough . He is not a football manager or a football man . He is a banker and a LBO expert , he does not have the nouse or the footballing brain to make these decisions. Thanks to ROY though this will become apparent soon enough . Good for you Roy . Roy wanted Insua to stay , Christy sold him . Just the start of the process ROY , hold firm mate and stick to your guns.

Fair play Igor good post

There is too many on here putting Roy in the same boat as the clowns upstairs
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion