Anthony Le Tallec - Number 13 shirt

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 1234ram » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:58 pm

Anthony Le Tallec has been given the number 13 shirt following his return to Anfield after cutting short a loan spell at St Etienne. 
Le Tallec's squad number of last season was 20 but that is now worn by goalkeeper Scott Carson.

The French Under-21 international has taken Danny Murphy's old squad number 13 i dnt now why why send him on loan he is a excellent plya last season he was better then pongell
1234ram

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:19 pm

Don't confuse with 1234ram :D
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:33 pm

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:Don't confuse with 1234ram :D

Yeah Ram can spell better than you  :D
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:42 pm

Hope he is not superstitous, in an injury hit squad would you chose number 13?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:00 pm

maximus wrote:

I'm so Jealious  :D
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:07 pm

Red youngster Anthony Le Tallec has said he was wrong to leave Anfield on a loan deal in search of first team fotbal.

The promising midfielder had hoped his time at St Etienne would prove to Rafa Benitez his worth at Anfield, but a change in tactics and a two month lay off conspired against the French player.

He said: "I made a big mistake. I accept that. I wanted to go on loan because I wanted to play a full season of first team football and I thought I would get that in France."

However, Le Tallec is now hopeful he can impress his new boss.

He said: "It's up to me now. I have a point to prove and I want to show the manager I am good enough to be part of his first team plans. I believe I have the ability, I just have to work hard and play well in the reserves to prove myself."

He added: "This is a different club now to what it was six months ago when I left. There are lots of new players here and I need to get to know them. I'm looking forward to the challenge which lies ahead of me now. Of course I want to play in the first team but I realise there are no guarantees at a club like this."

And Le Tallec still believes he has what it takes to succeed in the Premiership.

"I still have great confidence in my ability. I have never lost that and I do believe I can break into the first team squad before the end of the season. That is my aim now and I am more determined than ever to make it happen."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:13 pm

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:
maximus wrote:

:D
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:11 pm

GR8..... :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/4233747.stm

Le Tallec admits making mistake 

La Tallec returns from loan spell 
Liverpool striker Anthony Le Tallec reckons he made a mistake leaving the club for a season-long loan at St Etienne, which has now been terminated.
Le Tallec failed to settle back in France, missing two month's through injury and failing to break into the first team at the club.

"I made a big mistake," he told the club's website. "I wanted to go on loan because I wanted to play a full season.

"I thought I would get that in France, but things went wrong for me there."

Le Tallec continued: "Looking back now it was the wrong decision for me to have made. I should have stayed here and fought for my place.

"I am young and I just wanted to play. "When I heard that Liverpool wanted me back I was very happy. This is still my club and England is still the best league to play in.

This is a different club now to what it was six months ago when I left

Anthony La Tallec 

"I thought I made the right decision at the start of the season but I always missed Liverpool and now that I'm back I want to do as well as I can."

Liverpool's injury problems, including a season-ending knee problem to his close friend Florent Sinama-Pongolle, led to La Tallec's recall from France.

And the youngster admits manager Rafael Benitez wants the youngster to prove his worth at the club.

"He has been very honest with me," added La Tallec. He told me I must start training with the reserve players at Melwood and then if I do well I can train with the first team again.

"That's a normal situation and I accept that.

"This is a different club now to what it was six months ago when I left. There are lots of new players here and I need to get to know them."

2)
http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtal....00.html

Le Tallec admits error

French youngster Anthony Le Tallec has admitted it was a big mistake to confront new boss Rafael Benitez with a summer demand for regular first-team action.

Benitez had barely warmed the Anfield hot-seat when he was having to handle the French Under-21 star's request to be in the first team more often.

It ended with Le Tallec leaving for a season's loan at St Etienne, which has now been terminated with the attacker back in the Liverpool fold and determined to fight for his place.

Le Tallec had a nightmare spell with St Etienne, which included a two-month injury and a failure to win a place in the French club's side.

Liverpool's injury problems have seen him recalled, ironically after the knee damage for his pal Florent Sinama-Pongolle, that has ruled the youngster out for the season.

Now Le Tallec has changed his approach.

"I made a big mistake, I accept that," he told Liverpool's official website.

"I wanted to go on loan because I wanted to play a full season of first team football and I thought I would get that in France.

"But things went wrong for me over there. The manager changed the system of play and I got an injury which kept me out for two months. It just didn't work out for me at all.

"Looking back now it was the wrong decision for me to have made. I should have stayed here and fought for my place. I am young and I just wanted to play.

"When I heard that Liverpool wanted me back I was very happy. This is still my club and England is still the best league to play in. I thought I made the right decision at the start of the season but I always missed Liverpool and now that I'm back I want to do as well as I can."

After being disappointed with his young player's attitude in wanting first team guarantees at the start of the season, Benitez has now laid it on the line for the youngster.

Le Tallec said: "He has been very honest with me. He told me I must start training with the reserve players at Melwood and then if I do well I can train with the first team again. That's a normal situation and I accept that.

"This is a different club now to what it was six months ago when I left. There are lots of new players here and I need to get to know them.

"I'm looking forward to the challenge which lies ahead of me now. Of course I want to play in the first team but I realise there are no guarantees at a club like this.

"I still have great confidence in my ability. I have never lost that and I do believe I can break into the first team squad before the end of the season. That is my aim now and I am more determined than ever to make it happen.

"I have taken over the number 13 shirt - hopefully it won't be unlucky for me!"

Le Tallec has played two full reserves games in five days since his return, and could be on the bench against Fulham on Saturday.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:02 pm

1234ram wrote:Anthony Le Tallec has been given the number 13 shirt following his return to Anfield after cutting short a loan spell at St Etienne. 

oh my god a coherent sentence from 1234spam. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dom1 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:03 pm

maximus wrote:
chiggz_likes_owen wrote:
maximus wrote:

:D

:laugh:
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:43 pm

stmichael wrote:
1234ram wrote:Anthony Le Tallec has been given the number 13 shirt following his return to Anfield after cutting short a loan spell at St Etienne. 

oh my god a coherent sentence from 1234spam. :D

It is clearly a cut and pate job.  :D

Dom - keep the smiliey posts to Gen Chat will ya.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:32 am

With the Cr@ppy luck we've had with injuries this season, isn't giving a player the 13 shirt asking for trouble?
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:21 pm

Yes but i think we're working on the principle that it cant get ne worse
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:11 am

Never, ever, ever say that!! I'm not usually one for superstitions, but at the moment, I don't think we should take any risks. 13 should be retired just in case.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion