Another new starlet

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:33 pm

Just been reading this Anyone know anything about it or what hes like

[CODE]Rafa Benitez has exercised his Spanish connections once more to sign Sevilla starlet Daniel Sanchez Ayala for Liverpool.

The teenager has turned down the offer of a new contract in Andalucia and will now link up with The Reds’ youth ranks after Liverpool paid a compensation figure to Sevilla.

Benitez also plucked another defender in Antonio Barragan from the Spanish club in 2005 and Sevilla are none too impressed with the Merseysiders' latest coup.

“Sevilla cannot prevent the departure of Ayala, a promising youth team player, to Liverpool,” read a statement on the club’s official website.

“The defender, 17 years old, goes to England with a simple change of residence since he does not have a professional contract.

“So the club of Nervion is forced to do the international transfer with Liverpool, who years ago used the same strategy with Barragan who later joined Deportivo
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:52 pm

No I can't help you, at that age I only know some players of my town and surrounding lands. Yet another CB as San Jose then?

I'm a Rafa defender because I think he's the best for this club, but in this aspect of "scatter gun" tactic to the youth team I don't see things like him to be honest.

Except in some cases like Bojan or Giovani in barcelona, I think that gambling hard for centre backs or players overall  is a lottery. I'd make a *few* bets for real promising players (not San Jose) and the rest give the local lads a chance. At this ages is hard to spot which one player will make it.

Anyhow, we'll only be able to tell how this tactic worked out in 2 or 3 years. The last man coming from the youth ranks was Neil Mellor if I recall correctly? I hope in 3 years we have some guys from the youth system appearing in the first team...
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion