Another liverpool player burgled

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:37 pm

Liverpool star Lucas becomes eighth player to have house burgled

By Mirror.co.uk 6/11/2008

Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva has become the club's latest in a long line of players to be burgled while on the pitch.

Raiders struck at the Brazil international's home in Woolton while he was playing at Anfield against Atletico Madrid in the Champions League on Tuesday night.

The 21-year-old returned home to find raiders had stolen an Olympic bronze medal he won in the summer as well as a collection of Brazil and Liverpool shirts.

The raid follows burglaries in the last 18 months at the homes of England dynamo Steven Gerrard, Dutch forward Dirk Kuyt, recent signing Robbie Keane, goalkeeper Pepe Reina, defender Daniel Agger and former players Peter Crouch and Jerzy Dudek.

A Merseyside Police spokesman said crime scene investigators attended the address and house-to-house inquiries were conducted.

Advertisement - article continues below »

Acting Detective Chief Inspector Peter Parry said: "I would like to empathise to Mr Leiva and his partner for what must have been an upsetting experience.

"As with every burglary victim, we will be carrying out a thorough investigation and offering them crime prevention advice.

"Taken from the address was an amount of jewellery and some very distinctive football and sports memorabilia.

"These items have significant personal importance to Mr Leiva and they were associated with some very cherished memories.

"I'd ask members of the public to be on the look out in case they are offered such items for sale either on the street or in pubs or see the items for sale on the internet."
                   ------------------------------
FFS I thought they had special security now paid for by the club? Its certainly a very organised gang rather than "opportunistic". Either that or someone wants a complete collection of Liverpool shirts!
account deleted by request

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:40 pm

:angry: poor Lucas. hopefully those sad souls get arrested.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby zarababe » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:41 pm

All the players should have CCTV fitted so at least the scum can be caught on film.

This could be a putting off factor in the future for big name players - I bet bitters are behind this.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:44 pm

Since the reserves are doing :censored: all on the pitch, why not assign one to each first team players house during matches.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:02 pm

Pity Lucas was'nt in at the time,then maybe they would have stolen him as well! :D

Joking aside though,the club should be doing more to stop this happening.Its not as if the players cant afford security men themselves though!
3 security guys on alternating 8 hour shifts at about £500 a week each would'nt dent their bank accounts too much!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:37 pm

He-Man will hunt them down.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:43 pm

How the :censored: do these lot get in. These footballers should have state of the art security they get paid enough so should get it. Im telling you it's an inside job!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:30 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:He-Man will hunt them down.

lol :D  :D
roberto green

Postby roberto green » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:32 pm

He could ask Fat ronaldo to come over and be his watchman
roberto green

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:33 pm

The club and the bizzies are mugs on this im afraid surely they must have put 2 an 2 together by now .
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:09 am

How the do these lot get in. These footballers should have state of the art security they get paid enough so should get it. Im telling you it's an inside job!

my thoughts exactly, got to be an inside job. Its getting ridiculous now it really is
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby red_guy » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:40 am

That's an inside job, definitely. Anyway, the theory of something to do with the bitters might be valid....i dunno. As far as i know, i only heard liverpool players burgled but not the bitters. Maybe it's safe to say that their fans are thieving :censored:? :p
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:46 am

bavlondon wrote:How the :censored: do these lot get in. These footballers should have state of the art security they get paid enough so should get it. Im telling you it's an inside job!

what do you mean by inside job exactly, do you think stevie is teeling his mates the codes for other players houses  :p  or something else
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:52 am

Number 9 wrote:Pity Lucas was'nt in at the time,then maybe they would have stolen him as well! :D

:D
LFC2007

Postby Bam » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:03 am

LFC2007 wrote:
Number 9 wrote:Pity Lucas was'nt in at the time,then maybe they would have stolen him as well! :D

:D

:laugh:

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion