Another bold prediction... - Warnock for....?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Feeney » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:51 am

Having looked at Warnock in the last few games, he appears to have settled very well into the team. I thought he had a decent game on Saturday, keeping Mendieta on a tight leach.

Throughout the CL campain this season he's looked decent as well and makes me feel much more at ease when he is on the ball than Traore. Traore is going to be out for probably a month, which will give Warnock a chance to establish himself in the side - I don't believe that Rafa likes Riise at left back, otherwise he would have played him there already.

With Warnock (assuming) having a good run in the side, the possibility of something struck me - could Warnock make the England squad this season?  ???

Now, I know that Cole is Sven's fave in the left back spot, so i'm not going to say the England side, mearly the squad. Having looked at the cover for that position, we currently have Cole and Brdge. Chelsea have just splashed the cash for Del Horno so can't see Bridge playing much. Sven is known for preferring players for the squad that are actually playing for thier respective team so, as mentioned, if Warnock does have an extended stay in the team, why not?

:buttrock

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:00 am

Del Horno didnt impress me atall yesterday and when Joe Cole and SWP came on he was making signs to Maureen as if to say well whats the plan now, Chelsea didnt have a game plan yesterday they where all over the shop, but John Terry is there rock if he gets injured or misses some games for them this season well they are really going to suffer  :D
As for Warnock hes a great little player but he has to stay injury free this is downfall he gives to much at times and comes off worst for it, 2 broken legs already, Sven might pick him but I dont really want any of our players playing for England now after Sven being behind the Gerrard to Chelsea deal and him wanting Owen to go to Real and now the mancs, couldnt give a sh*t about the England team anymore, there is so much media hype before hand/during and after that its media pressure that we never win these compititions.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:35 am

They will not win anything with Sven in charge. You cant help but belive that if Rafa was in charge they would though.

Sven seems to have no plan b, where as rafa seems to have a plan b, plan c and even a plan d as he showed in the cup final. If sven was 3-0 down he probably throw on some more defenders to make sure you wouldnt conceed anymore.

I believe that england certanily have a squad capable but not a manager capable.

But i do agree with you that they are very media hyped.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:14 pm

Del Horno didnt impress me atall yesterday and when Joe Cole and SWP came on he was making signs to Maureen as if to say well whats the plan now, Chelsea didnt have a game plan yesterday they where all over the shop, but John Terry is there rock if he gets injured or misses some games for them this season well they are really going to suffe

I watched Chelsea v Arsenal in the Community Shield and Del Horno was solid.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby liverpoolrich » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:20 pm

i think hes a good player but dont think hes a starter for me

reina
-----
finnan
carragher
hyypia
risse
----------
garcia
gerrard
alonso
zenden
---------
cisse
morientes
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:31 pm

Like cggy said he needs to steer clear of injuries.
Everytime i watch him he impresses me with his commitment and the tackles he puts in.
With a bit more time in the side and confidence he will develop into a very decent full back.
With the England squad there aren't many options so he is in with a shout.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:49 pm

I like warnock he is a good young player and can and will only get better, and if he does get in the squad i can see him gaining entry to england for a friendly but i doubt it for the world cup unless cole gets injured.

Heres a thought could potter replace beckham and wright-phillips to cliam right mid for the world cup. lol. sammy lee might fly
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedRoots » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:56 pm

I can't see Djimi getting sold, did he not sign a four year contract this summer?
RedRoots

Postby JC_81 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:32 pm

I made a post ages ago saying that I reckon that Warnock will establish himself as our first choice LB this season and that if he does, Sven might bring him into the England squad.  I don't think Mourinho fancies Bridge much, so if he's not playing regularly and Warnock takes his chance, then he could be brought in to the England squad as Cole's back-up.

Cole is a top full back though, and even if Warnock continues to get better and becomes a quality LB, he's probably always find himself behind Cole at international level.

But anyway, I don't give a sh.it about England , so as long as Warnock does the business for us this year I'm happy
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:49 pm

i prefer warnock over riise at left back, riise seems to get caught upfield and when one of our centre halves (especially sami) is forced to move out wide to cover we start to look very shakey indeed.
when warnock goes into a fifty - fifty he takes his kitchen sink onto the pitch with him and throws everything he`s got into the tackle, this can lift a side especially in a physical game like a derby as much as hitting the bar or a good move. you need fella`s like that in your side.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:55 pm

i prefer warnock over riise at left back, riise seems to get caught upfield and when one of our centre halves (especially sami) is forced to move out wide to cover we start to look very shakey indeed.
when warnock goes into a fifty - fifty he takes his kitchen sink onto the pitch with him and throws everything he`s got into the tackle, this can lift a side especially in a physical game like a derby as much as hitting the bar or a good move. you need fella`s like that in your side.

I agree, hopefully he will continue to improve.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby neil » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:55 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:i prefer warnock over riise at left back, riise seems to get caught upfield and when one of our centre halves (especially sami) is forced to move out wide to cover we start to look very shakey indeed.

Ya got that right, bitch.

Warnock should and possibly will be our 1st choice leftback his year.I agree with all that kitchen sink & Riise out of position s.hit.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:59 pm

speaking of riise, he's been completely left out in the cold in the last few games. the main problem with riise is that i don't think he's a left back and i don't think he's a left winger. he's a left wing back.

i like warnock as a player but i think talk of him breaking into the england squad are a bit premature. he needs to fully establish himself in our team for a couple of seasons before he even thinks about playing for england.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby FrankM » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:03 pm

Dudeks No.1 Fan wrote:I
Heres a thought could potter replace beckham and wright-phillips to cliam right mid for the world cup. lol. sammy lee might fly

He'll have to give back his Irish passport first
FrankM

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion