Anfield alerted by van der vaart - Superstar hands in transfer request

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed May 11, 2005 5:19 pm

Take from The Liverpool Website

Former Liverpool target Rafael van der Vaart has handed in a transfer request at Ajax. 

The Dutch international was targeted for some time by former Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier with a proposed transfer falling through shortly before he was given the bullet. Earlier this season Van der Vaart admitted that he had spoken to Liverpool executives about a possible move with nobody at Anfield coming out and rubbishing his claims.

I is understood that the 22-year-old is a target of German side Hamburg but Manchester United and Arsenal have previously sniffed around him. Barcelona were always believed to be his preferred destination so it will be interesting to see how they respond to the developments.

Eplaining what had gone down, Ajax Director Arie van Eijde said: "We know that he doesn't want to sign a new contract and through his agent he has informed us that he wants to leave Ajax. I know through Lerby (his agent) that Van der Vaart went to Hamburg last weekend.

"He informed this on Monday morning. There is no official interest yet, as far as I can tell. Up until now no club has called us with the news they want to sign Van der Vaart, so we sit back and wait for things to happen."

Van der Vaart has just a year left on his existing deal and with Rafa having tried to sign him while at Valencia, you can expect him to register an interest, if he hasn't done already.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed May 11, 2005 5:39 pm

Extroardinary talent, but only turns up when he can be @rsed.

He's another Kewell. If you like Kewell, then Van Der Vaart is even better. But if you don't, give VDV a miss.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Scottbot » Wed May 11, 2005 7:41 pm

Just read this on on the .tv website. Another very tenuous link from Koptalk so i wouldn't get too excited about it.

I've watched Van De Vaart play several times on Eurosport in the past and he looked to be a very good player. Was on just about everyone's shopping list 2 years ago.

His form has suffered this past year and the interest seems to have cooled. Atleast thas wat i've read.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed May 11, 2005 7:51 pm

Kraptalk is a load of garbage.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed May 11, 2005 8:02 pm

St Michael...

Whats going on with your posts recently?

The lads sheer class.

Put him in a good side and he'd be superb.

Potentially world class. To compare him to Kewell is ridiculous.
115-1073096938

Postby JBG » Wed May 11, 2005 8:04 pm

I heard Hamburg have made a strong bid for him.

Another rumour doing the rounds is that we've been linked with Patrice Evra of Monaco, a classy left back in the Ashley Cole mould. He's the real deal but again, its just a rumour.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed May 11, 2005 8:07 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Potentially world class. To compare him to Kewell is ridiculous.

How come he's playin' for Ajax    ???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed May 11, 2005 8:08 pm

I recall Van Der Vaart running the game when we drew 0-0 with Ajax pre season in 2003/04.  Only time I've really seen him to be honest apart from Euro 2004 but I've heard all about his reputation.  Looks excellent.
jonnymac1979

Postby Macca » Wed May 11, 2005 8:23 pm

I recall Van Der Vaart running the game when we drew 0-0 with Ajax pre season in 2003/04.  Only time I've really seen him to be honest apart from Euro 2004 but I've heard all about his reputation.  Looks excellent.

I remember that friendly he totally ran the show against us,

He started a game for Holland in Euro 2004 but didnt make the same impact on the game and eventually lost his place for the remainder of the tournament to a certain Arjen Robben
Macca

Postby woof woof ! » Wed May 11, 2005 8:55 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Potentially world class. To compare him to Kewell is ridiculous.

I meant to say , if he is "potentially world class"  how come he's still at Ajax ?                ???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed May 11, 2005 9:09 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

I meant to say , if he is "potentially world class"  how come he's still at Ajax ?                ???

More to the point, why can't he get into the Ajax first team?

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed May 11, 2005 9:34 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

More to the point, why can't he get into the Ajax first team?

:D , Too Good ?   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Thu May 12, 2005 5:29 am

The reason hes in Ajax is because he was there from a youth age. Ajax have a habit of creating their youth players into worldclass players and then sell them whenever the time is right.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MSj. » Thu May 12, 2005 6:06 am

I have seen him a number of times and he has not really impressed me much , looks a bit too hit and miss to me  :) .
MSj.

Postby kullinger » Thu May 12, 2005 6:58 am

I think we should by him because he can play on many positions and if he don't take a place of those eleven who starts can he be a backup and play like van persie in arsenal have done this year this year.
And don't remember that he still is very young and has a very big talent that a think we can use.

The question I ask me self is if he can handle the tempo wich is in premiership.

Rafa please buy him  :;):
kullinger

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion