Andy gray - Commentating on our games

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NiftyNeil » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:35 am

Fat Ron used to always get my back up - Scholesy this and Giggsy that - I'm glad the tw@t's been sacked. Never had a good word to say when commentating on Liverpool. I remember a few times he'd award MOTM to the opposing teams players - even when we had won.
There are a few pundits like that too. Ally McCoist and Charlie Nicholas never have a good word to say about Liverpool. Gobsh!tes, the lot of them!
Last edited by NiftyNeil on Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:54 am

He annoys the shit of me. When at home i sit with the remote, finger on the mute button, ready for the envitable blind spot he has when evaluating LFC players. Plain and simple he calls it wrong.

I would be of the opinion that he jinx's us if were not for that night in may. suck it mofo

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:56 am

Bamaga man wrote:aeronortical engineering. ( which is f.uck all )

:D

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:08 pm

what do you expect from a former bitter scum
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:23 pm

Gray is a complete toss pot!. remember when he was offered the everton job?..he sh1t out and decided to stay with sky. He ensured he got himself a fukking big increase on his sky contract at the same time, one biased blue nosed tw@t if there ever was one. :nod
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:28 pm

He's not good but he's far from the worst. John Motson annoys me to the extent that I can barely watch a game he is involved in. It's not the drip drip of stats that does me in, it's just the total lack of any football knowledge that I find annoying.
"OH it's been disallowed!!!" (the bloke has so clearly handballed it you suspect he might've taken a panel out of the ball), "Well I'm looking at the linesman Trevor, and I've got to ask, "Was it offside?"" (it was handball you blind fecker). At this point the ref points to his upper arm, "Well I can't understand this Trevor, this is quite extraordinary. The referee seems to have disallowed it for a push on Adams", (it was handball FFS). At this point the free-kick gets taken with the striker protesting his innocence, pointing at his chest, "Well Shearer seems to be indicating that Adams barged into him first," (IT WAS FECKING HANDBALL YOU BLIND PIECE OF SH!TE!!!!!!!! WHETHER OR NOT YOU AGREE WITH THE CALL IS ANOTHER MATTER BUT IT WAS HAND FECKING BALL!!!). No I'm not a fan of his at all come to think of it. I used to like the lyricism of Barry Davies, and though I've been slagged for saying this before, I like both watching and reading about the thoughts of Alan Smith the ex-Arsenal striker whom I find non biased and knowledgeable.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:36 pm

Scottbot wrote:As for MOTD. How the hell did Le Saux and the dreary 'state the bloody obvious every time

you can't say that about graeme le saux. he reads the guardian you know. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby red37 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:12 pm

andy gray is an irritating ex-blue who in all honesty is still bitter over days long gone by?
now hes having his two-penneth over crouch!!

btw as much as it pains me to say it...i cant abide 'jim beglin' and his expert analysis either..talk about 'once a red always a blue'  and if anyone is in doubt...listen to his un? biased commentary when "the bitters" were in europe..everything went against poor everton! ha ha ha! guess what..they didnt deserve it when they GOT into europe this time either. neither did they ever look like doing so...

"Sky Sports football pundit Andy Gray believes Liverpool striker Peter Crouch shouldn't start for England when they take on Austria.

Gray believes that Jermain Defoe would be a better option than the former Southampton player who would be better suited sat on the bench as back-up.

He said: "Personally I'd rather see Crouch on the bench, ready to come on as an option if you need something a bit different.

"I watched him in the two games against Chelsea, and he was alright, but he never really frightened that defence, and that's the kind of standard he can expect from international football."

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red or dead » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:38 pm

bring back big ron thats what we need ( errr hold on he is a man u loving sun tannned bling bling racisit, maybe not )   :D
red or dead

Postby Effes » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:05 pm

Tony Gubba - should be shot.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:43 pm

Andy Gray is a tw@t, can't stand him.  Game well and truly over my :censored: andy, slap it up ye!!

His commentary during our recent 4-1 loss was a disgrace, competely biased towards Chelsea he was, he has such a hard on for Mourinho and all things Chelsea right now it's sickening.

Beglin is another fool, an ex-red from the same mould as Lawrenson, loves to see us fail these days, no respect for him.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:10 pm

kazza wrote:The thing is the commentaters have a major impact on the viewers perception of the game (well the people with less football knowledge anyway) and that includes reporters.

That point right there is the most important in the whole thread IMHO!!!!
76-1115222408

Postby rafasredmen » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:33 pm

Have to agree with all threads having a go at Andy Gray he's a complete :censored:,but i can't help but notice that in the two games against Chelsea i thought Sky where so far up Chelsea :censored: it was unbelievable but no different to the papers and everywhere else so i suppose i should get used to it still pisses me off though.
rafasredmen

Postby RedWolf35 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:51 pm

One of my ex-girlfriends met him at a function and said he was a right perv -  oh and I think he's a load of b0llox too

:wwww
RedWolf35

Postby Mikz » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:12 pm

David Coleman was great -"ONE NIL!!! "  no need to say anything else lol  I remember his commentary in the 78 world cup and it really added to the atmosphere.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion