Andy carroll - Would you buy him in jan even if we have

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dundreamin » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:05 am

i rated him in championship last season and now he,s doing it in the prem. Oh SORRY He,s not from la liga or Italian prem?  So he must be sh.ite then. And like i previous posted a thread on Owen Coyle yep he,s a shi.te manager too because he,s never managed in Spain or Italy. God whats the thing if they are british they are :censored:?  I think the opposite actually
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:51 am

dundreamin wrote:i rated him in championship last season and now he,s doing it in the prem. Oh SORRY He,s not from la liga or Italian prem?  So he must be sh.ite then. And like i previous posted a thread on Owen Coyle yep he,s a shi.te manager too because he,s never managed in Spain or Italy. God whats the thing if they are british they are :censored:?  I think the opposite actually

Its not because he is british, to me he is a Roque Santa Cruz type player. At a struggling club he excels, but I doubt he would at a bigger club.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:36 am

If Roy still the manager , he rather sell Torres to buy these type of player ( huge in size and able to hold the ball ), it suitable for long ball systems ( that is the ONLY systems Roy knows ) .... But any world class manager won't buy him because they only use long ball when they really need to have score last 15-10min, and normally they will inform one defender to play as a support striker ......
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:38 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:If Roy still the manager , he rather sell Torres to buy these type of player ( huge in size and able to hold the ball ), it suitable for long ball systems ( that is the ONLY systems Roy knows ) .... But any world class manager won't buy him because they only use long ball when they really need to have score last 15-10min, and normally they will inform one defender to play as a support striker ......

THIS...

Its comments like these. The ignorance, the pettiness, the arrogance. It is comments like these that is bringing the integrity of Liverpool supporters down.

Roy plays boring football, Roy is clueless, Roy is too defensive, and yet Rafa played delightful, orgasm to the eye, offensive, cum in your pants kind of stuff.

Liverpool supporters eh? the most knowledgeable...  show me one of them, and I will show you a golden sheik.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:03 am

He has more to his game than long ball.  He's the rich man's Crouch who can actually use his size as an advantage.  I'd buy in a heartbeat.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:10 am

dundreamin wrote:Going to get slaughtered for this. But here goes. Torres just dont looks arsed so let's go down a different route. Get a powerful striker in 2 decent wingers even if it means putting Johnson in midfield and Kelly behind. Dont know about left midfield. But something has to be done. A radical rethink on tactics maybe the way forward. Suggestions please

If he had a reasonable price, yes. But that is unlikely given his recent form & also that he plays for the competition.

Unless Carroll says "I want to sign for Liverpool" in writing forget about it.

I personally would have liked to sign Ezequiel Iván Lavezzi  from Napoli, but that is very unlikely.
killerp

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:32 am

killerp wrote:
dundreamin wrote:Going to get slaughtered for this. But here goes. Torres just dont looks arsed so let's go down a different route. Get a powerful striker in 2 decent wingers even if it means putting Johnson in midfield and Kelly behind. Dont know about left midfield. But something has to be done. A radical rethink on tactics maybe the way forward. Suggestions please

If he had a reasonable price, yes. But that is unlikely given his recent form & also that he plays for the competition.

I personally would have liked to sign Ezequiel Iván Lavezzi  from Napoli, but that is very unlikely.

I think even if Carroll says "I want to sign for Liverpool" ... the owner will ask the Damien Comolli as a second opinion.

This is one of the reason why The owners hire Damien Comoll is to have second opinion, this is to prevent what Rafa and Roy did again and again ...

So far Damien Comoll first choice player to buy is Eden Hazard ... and believed me we need these type of player ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby redhayesy » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:55 pm

bavlondon wrote:I think he can potentially be better than crouch and if crouch done ok for us then I think he would. But wouldn't want him here with woy. Would give him another excuse to shift to the carra hoof tactics. Sack Roy then get him in.

sorry but totally dis-agree with you on this one! -potentially be better than crouch-no fecking way mate,no way. for many reasons i for one would take crouch back,i'd love to see him back in a red shirt,cause i for one was exicited about him signing for us in the first place!

cause he was a player who had other qualitys about him,not just as a goal scorer,but someone who showed he had it in him to improve his alround game,which he proved at LFC. for me he really did take on board from the word go,that he needed to rise to the challenge of playing for a massive club & his attitude from day one was spot on-even when he didn't score a goal for a few games for us -he never let his head drop! that for me was a great credit to the player.

even when he wasn't scoring weather it was at the start of his LFC playing days etc,his whole game improved massively & he reaped the rewards for me. even when he wasn't picked in the starting 11 i thought he contucted himself with dignity & showed a great attitude.

i for one would love to see him back at LFC-i'd welcome him back with open arms- i know it will never happen,but that's how i feel-cause before he signed for LFC he had his critics but he never let his head drop,he never let that effect his own self belief & he proved by moving to a massive club would only improve him as a player by playing with other top players etc,with carrol i just don't see that happening! for me he is a player who is a big fish in a little pond-who is a one trick pony & isn't in the same league as of the likes of crouch.

imho i wouldn't have even mentioned carrol,nor have my mates mentioned the player as someone who would be capable of improving his alround game by joining LFC let alone adding quality to our squad. he would be a fish out of water for me.

it's all about expectations & for me i feel he would fail big time-at newcastle he is the main striker,plays to their capabilities with no pressure on him cause of lack of funds etc.

i honestly don't see what people think he would offer,cause i feel he wouldn't want to join a massive club & have to fight for a place,when his mental attitude would be different as at a smaller club which he is at, atm.

as for sacking roy before we signed him -dear oh dear! if you want roy gone mate -to sign decent players? what makes you think any other manager would want to sign the likes of carrol with big money to spend! cause it certainly wouldn't be on players like him imho.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:05 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:
killerp wrote:

I think even if Carroll says "I want to sign for Liverpool" ... the owner will ask the Damien Comolli as a second opinion.

This is one of the reason why The owners hire Damien Comoll is to have second opinion, this is to prevent what Rafa and Roy did again and again ...

So far Damien Comoll first choice player to buy is Eden Hazard ... and believed me we need these type of player ...

Never heard of Hazard before, I looked up his wiki page, he looks ok for a future prospect.

Senior career*
Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2007– Lille 88 (11)
National team‡
2007–2008 Belgium U17 17 (4)
2008–2009 Belgium U19 9 (6)
2008– Belgium 17 (0)
killerp

Postby Greavesie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:28 am

anyway we'd need decent wingers to get the best out of Carroll so I would say no because of that. We'd need wingers who can beat their man and ping the ball into the box, which at the moment we don't have. Therefore it's pointless having a player such as Carroll
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:35 am

killerp wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:
killerp wrote:

Never heard of Hazard before, I looked up his wiki page, he looks ok for a future prospect.

Senior career*
Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2007– Lille 88 (11)
National team‡
2007–2008 Belgium U17 17 (4)
2008–2009 Belgium U19 9 (6)
2008– Belgium 17 (0)

He's is the mixed of Messi and Ronaldo ... now RM and Barca also eyeing for him ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:16 pm

I have heard that Carroll off the field is an idiot. I do rate him but not worth a punt for me, he is already overvalued and overhyped.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:31 am

LFC2007 wrote:He's in the Kevin Davies league of strikers but getting special hype because of who he plays for and the shirt number he wears. He will get goals, of course, because strikers like him do in our league: he's very strong in the air, he'll also get knock downs for others to work off, and he's also got a bit of "ersehole" about him which all top sides need. But he is not this wonderful talent that people make out to be. His touch is heavy, he's not quick or agile, and he has no real craft to his play, and isn't marked out by the kinds of abilities that set a top class player apart from burly target men like him. "Ah, but he's got a good left foot, look at the gopal scored against us", I hear you say. He has a "good" left foot, and in terms of that goal: we (i.e. Lucas) let him have all the time in the world to take aim and get his big lanky left foot behind it. He woudn't normally get that time, and doesn't have the ability to make it for himself. He isn't remotely close to the level of Drogba (some have said he could be his replacement), plus if you add in all of the off-the-field issue, for the likely cost he is not a risk worth taking.

I have to disagree...

Kevin Davies isn't the second top goalscorer in the prem and considering the top is Berbagay... well Berbagay scores a lot of lucky goals.  5 in one game doesn't count and anybody who tries to say he intended for that overhead kick against us to go where it did is just ignorant.

Considering Kyrg was unstoppable with his head before we played Newcastle and Carroll made him look like a 5 foot tall child, I would say he's a taller Tim Cahill in the air.  He has some pace on him as well and he is young as hell.  What do young immature people do early in their career? they get in trouble.  He will grow out of it and continue to progress.  He makes smart runs that put him in good positions.

Look at Fernando Llorente.  He is like Llorente, in fact their styles are very similar, tall guys who are great in the air and make smart runs, and yet Llorente is a hugely hot prospect right now.  Carroll is the same.

I had to watch that game with my brother who is a Newcastle fan so it was very hard for me to live up to it.

I honestly think he is a very bright spot in England's future.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Raoul » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:31 pm

ethanr wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:What do young immature people do early in their career? they get in trouble.  He will grow out of it and continue to progress.

I'm going to disagree with you here. We all make mistakes, we can all change (sometimes dramatically), but all things being equal, the best measure for someone's future behaviour is their history.

I'm all for giving people second changes, God knows I'm grateful for the second chances I've been given, but lets not fool ourselves here. I've meet some immature 21 year olds, who consistently make poor decisions, and I've meet mature 21 year olds who consistently make good decisions. Often, when those same people are 5-10 years older, not too much has changed.

IF he has a history of being an idiot (and I don't know enough to really say), then if we bought him we'd better buy him with our eyes open...

Hmm, just read his Wikipedia page That is some history!
Last edited by Raoul on Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roysreds » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:25 pm

redhayesy wrote:
bavlondon wrote:I think he can potentially be better than crouch and if crouch done ok for us then I think he would. But wouldn't want him here with woy. Would give him another excuse to shift to the carra hoof tactics. Sack Roy then get him in.

sorry but totally dis-agree with you on this one! -potentially be better than crouch-no fecking way mate,no way. for many reasons i for one would take crouch back,i'd love to see him back in a red shirt,cause i for one was exicited about him signing for us in the first place!

cause he was a player who had other qualitys about him,not just as a goal scorer,but someone who showed he had it in him to improve his alround game,which he proved at LFC. for me he really did take on board from the word go,that he needed to rise to the challenge of playing for a massive club & his attitude from day one was spot on-even when he didn't score a goal for a few games for us -he never let his head drop! that for me was a great credit to the player.

even when he wasn't scoring weather it was at the start of his LFC playing days etc,his whole game improved massively & he reaped the rewards for me. even when he wasn't picked in the starting 11 i thought he contucted himself with dignity & showed a great attitude.

i for one would love to see him back at LFC-i'd welcome him back with open arms- i know it will never happen,but that's how i feel-cause before he signed for LFC he had his critics but he never let his head drop,he never let that effect his own self belief & he proved by moving to a massive club would only improve him as a player by playing with other top players etc,with carrol i just don't see that happening! for me he is a player who is a big fish in a little pond-who is a one trick pony & isn't in the same league as of the likes of crouch.

imho i wouldn't have even mentioned carrol,nor have my mates mentioned the player as someone who would be capable of improving his alround game by joining LFC let alone adding quality to our squad. he would be a fish out of water for me.

it's all about expectations & for me i feel he would fail big time-at newcastle he is the main striker,plays to their capabilities with no pressure on him cause of lack of funds etc.

i honestly don't see what people think he would offer,cause i feel he wouldn't want to join a massive club & have to fight for a place,when his mental attitude would be different as at a smaller club which he is at, atm.

as for sacking roy before we signed him -dear oh dear! if you want roy gone mate -to sign decent players? what makes you think any other manager would want to sign the likes of carrol with big money to spend! cause it certainly wouldn't be on players like him imho.

Ha Ha
roysreds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion