And the substantial transfer budget is - ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Mon May 31, 2010 9:06 am

Depends who stays/goes as to whether we need a CM. We have Mascherano, Gerrard, Aquilani and Lucas. LB for sure, Insua isn't great and Aurelio is on his way out, so we need at least cover. Not sure you'd get a quality striker for £5m, may be time to look at selling someone to raise money for a striker which is why I think selling Mascherano for £25m+ would be a sacrifice for the greater good of the team. For those who are fans of Javier then don't despair as I firmly believe Rafa would rather keep a DM than sign another striker, and given his record with strikers of one in fecknose how many strikers signed, we might be as well off not signing one - Morientes, Crouch, Voronin, Keane, Kuyt, TORRES, N'Gog, Babel, Bellamy, Fowler were not all bad strikers/signings, just not many truly worked out. Cost a pretty penny too, £83.6m between those 10 of which two were frees and N'Gog cost a mere £1.5m
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Mon May 31, 2010 11:13 am

This must be b*llocks. £5m budget...Not having that.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby sixbuster » Mon May 31, 2010 12:11 pm

£5m and any word on money from sales?
Forever a red
sixbuster

Postby leep33 » Mon May 31, 2010 12:17 pm

I heard 15 million and all money from sales. But yet again that was in one of the papers, i doubt anybody but Rafa and the hierarchy know just how much we have to spend. Although Hicks stated on SSN that we have a substantial budget for the summer. I realise he normally speaks with a forked toungue, but you never know he may just be telling the truth, or with his depleted financial empire maybe he thinks 5 million is a substantial budget. We will have to wait and see.
leep33

Postby NANNY RED » Mon May 31, 2010 12:24 pm

Bitters have just signed that Beckford from Leeds 4 year deal,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SeaofRed » Mon May 31, 2010 12:39 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Bitters have just signed that Beckford from Leeds 4 year deal,

Hardly worth talking about IMO.

This is no different as to when DJ Campbell came to the Premiership.
SeaofRed

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 31, 2010 2:20 pm

I would say its in our own best interests that Benitez has been keeping quiet about our possible transfer targets ,as usually after expressing an interest in a player, the Daily Mail seem to make it their personal quest to link every other Club to the stated player rather than Liverpool

Its an absolute disgrace that a publication such as the Mail can openly discredit our club  (whilst at the same time  offering no attempt to disguise their total disdain  ) £5million and where pray tell did they gleam this information from  ??? when it is more than common knowledge that the manager has been given assurances in regards to this Summers transfer funds ,and unless he himself has let that slip then I can honestly say that I find Most Haunted more credible than the Mails claims .......

I would also like to draw posters attention to yesterdays claims by a female presenter on Sky Sports (Whose timing has to be said was perfect )  about how she met Broughton and he told her Torres was apparently not untouchable  :laugh:
This is a man who until now plays his cards relatively close to his chest and suddenly and without any jostling  needs to tell this to a Sky presenter its truly f*cking laughable it really is ,furthermore given the turmoil this Club is currently undergoing I would have to say her revelations Yesterday make her  apparent allegiances to Liverpool seem  highly questionable ....................................
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Mon May 31, 2010 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon May 31, 2010 5:10 pm

So you dont believe her then :;):

:laugh: ill bet you a fecking pound to a penny he thought hed pulled ,given her a bit of sweet talk , loose lips and he thought he was on for the night. All the same them Chelsea fecking cheating sc.umbags  :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Mon May 31, 2010 5:23 pm

the owners are pathetic, they should be shot at.
that is the problem with full ownership, it like living in a monarchy.

fans should band up to buy at least a third of the club, if a small church can raise millions,
i dont see why an association of worldwide fans cant do it.

with 5m or 15m, we cant even buy the left leg of Benzema,
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 31, 2010 5:23 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Bitters have just signed that Beckford from Leeds 4 year deal,

they can have him. He's a championship striker at best.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 31, 2010 7:03 pm

NANNY RED wrote:So you dont believe her then :;):

:laugh: ill bet you a fecking pound to a penny he thought hed pulled ,given her a bit of sweet talk , loose lips and he thought he was on for the night. All the same them Chelsea fecking cheating sc.umbags  :nod

If Kelly Dalglish had said it girl I would have been concerned  ??? (Now there's a girl with class )but the offender in question was  a talentless blonde bint who has until this point never revealed where her loyalties lie and has just  suddenly decided to nail her colours to the mast ...... If it wasn't so comical Nan it would be criminal    :laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Mon May 31, 2010 7:36 pm

Why do we need new players?
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Mon May 31, 2010 9:40 pm

Beckfords no world beater but I would pick him in front of Ngog in my side any day of the week. We have no reason to crow. I hear Luton Town have a £3m transfer kitty this summer so it would be staggering if we only had £5m to play with, frankly I doubt if we have managed to sink that low, but you never know!  :no
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon May 31, 2010 11:48 pm

only me wrote:
roberto green wrote:What a fecking joke

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/2905201....5m.html

After Tom Hicks said Rafa Benitez would have a substantial transfer budget he is reported to be given Rafa just 5m.

Better start looking in the basement of Primark Rafa lad.

:veryangry

Wouldn't give him a pound - Rafa Can't be trusted with Money - he is a total failure - Owners should ship him out and follow his footseps.

:sleepy:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:28 am

even if we do end up shopping in the basement so to speak i'd still expect a significant improvement next season, provided we don't lose any of our major hitters in the process. as it stands nobody can guarantee that will happen and everyday over the summer one of our players will be linked with a move away so we'd better get used to it.

it was an abysmal effort last season from all concerned and we should be expecting and demanding much better, whether we make any significant signings or not.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion