Alvaro Arbeloa - Impressed?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:55 am

bigmick wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:Don't let the door hit you on the way out , goodbye and good riddance

???

I never rated him but he was a good stop gap , now that we have someone better he should have sign an extension , he might have gotten games at left back and would have been there for cover . Still would have played about 30 games a season. Instead he decides to :censored: off to the club where he couldn't make it before after rafa have revitalized his career. I remember heimdall saying argie players have no loyalty well , some Spanish players as well , alonso (arguably) , arbeloa , reyes are some.

I don't think you can damn a whole nation mate because a couple of footballers fancy going home now they've got married. It's not about "loyalty", in the case of Arbeloa he arrived an unknown, has made his name and it's a good chance to get back home.

I'm not damming the whole nation , so in other words we were just a stepping stone for arbeloa so that he could return back to club where he couldn't cut it earlier
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:07 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
bigmick wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:Don't let the door hit you on the way out , goodbye and good riddance

???

I never rated him but he was a good stop gap , now that we have someone better he should have sign an extension , he might have gotten games at left back and would have been there for cover . Still would have played about 30 games a season. Instead he decides to :censored: off to the club where he couldn't make it before after rafa have revitalized his career. I remember heimdall saying argie players have no loyalty well , some Spanish players as well , alonso (arguably) , arbeloa , reyes are some.

I don't think you can damn a whole nation mate because a couple of footballers fancy going home now they've got married. It's not about "loyalty", in the case of Arbeloa he arrived an unknown, has made his name and it's a good chance to get back home.

I'm not damming the whole nation , so in other words we were just a stepping stone for arbeloa so that he could return back to club where he couldn't cut it earlier

"Damning the whole nation" was too strong Toff, but I just think that in his circumstance it's understandable. He's just got married, his Mrs has very likely said "feck living in England for a game of soldiers", he wants to have a couple of kids, and he wants them to grow up eating paella as opposed to scouse.

It's understandable (nothing against scouse mind, I've never had it).
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:29 pm

bigmick wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
bigmick wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Greavesie wrote:

???

"Damning the whole nation" was too strong Toff, but I just think that in his circumstance it's understandable. He's just got married, his Mrs has very likely said "feck living in England for a game of soldiers", he wants to have a couple of kids, and he wants them to grow up eating paella as opposed to scouse.

It's understandable (nothing against scouse mind, I've never had it).

You have never had scouse ????

You dont know what ye missing mick.

Dont they have scouse darn sarf ?
I wouldnt imagine there are many places you can get it in new zealand though  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:19 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
bigmick wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Greavesie wrote:

???

as well as his personal circumstnaces there's nothing wrong with walking back in the door and straight into the first team where they deemed him nnot good enough. He wants to prove it to himself that he can and will cut it there. He wasnt prolific but did a decent job in his time here and got on with his job professionally.
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby bigmick » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:24 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:Dont they have scouse darn sarf ?
I wouldnt imagine there are many places you can get it in new zealand though  :D

No it's not that common over here mate  :D Maybe if there was a lamb version it might catch on I suppose  ???
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:39 pm

JoeTerp wrote:I don't think that we should pretend that English players don't f.uck off to other English clubs for other various reasons. Its our own fault that we let the contract run down so close, but either way we got good service out of the player as well as a small profit. Johnson comes in and threatens Arbeloa's place, he wants to leave. Torres and Gerrard form a dominating partnership, Crouchie wants to leave.

is there a greater risk of a foreigners family not settling, yes. BUT they also come cheaper in the first place, and where are you likely to find more of the highest quality footballers in the world: one tiny island OR the rest of world?  its something that, imo its just part of the international game. Didn't seem to be much of a problem for Hyypia.

Good point well made, Joe.  :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:41 pm

Greavesie wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
bigmick wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Greavesie wrote:

???

as well as his personal circumstnaces there's nothing wrong with walking back in the door and straight into the first team where they deemed him nnot good enough. He wants to prove it to himself that he can and will cut it there. He wasnt prolific but did a decent job in his time here and got on with his job professionally.

To each its own mate i guess , he would have been good for cover and rafa should have extended his contract last year where we were in a stronger position to negotiate and get a better price now . Ah well , all the best arbeloa.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:52 pm

bigmick wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:Dont they have scouse darn sarf ?

No it's not that common over here mate  :D Maybe if there was a lamb version it might catch on I suppose  ???

Lankysher 'otpot

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:22 pm

:laugh:  :laugh: I love Brian Reade

Time for Real Madrid doctor to get a grip  By Brian Reade 1/08/2009

I'm not saying Real Madrid treat their players like faceless lumps of meat but have a butcher's at this quote from their chief of medical services, Carlos Diez, after Alvaro Arbeloa passed his medical.

"He is delighted to play for Real Madrid. It has been his lifelong dream."

Erm, hang on doc, he's already lived that dream, joining Real when he was 16 and playing at every level, for seven years.

Still, when you go through more players than a Bangkok hooker, not having a clue who has worn your badge is understandable
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion