Alvaro Arbeloa - Impressed?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:53 pm

stmichael wrote:I just wonder what all the people who championed the signing of Lucas Neill are thinking now?

All the people?  I know Oasis had a few alter-egos but it's not like he'd qualify for the carpool lane or anything! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:13 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
stmichael wrote:I just wonder what all the people who championed the signing of Lucas Neill are thinking now?

All the people?  I know Oasis had a few alter-egos but it's not like he'd qualify for the carpool lane or anything! :D

:D

After Josemi and Kromkamp I'd say that Arbeloa is easily the best signing of the three. I've been really impressed by what I've seen of him and although I can't see him pushing Finnan out of the team I do think that we've now got a really useful member of the squad that'll be able to fill in various positions when needed. To be thrown in to such a big game as he was on his debut and performed well raises hopes of seeing good things from him. His goal on Saturday was excellent play for a full back and he took the goal like an out and out striker would.

Not bad for someone who I'd forgotten we'd signed 'til I saw his name on the team sheet against barca!  :lookaround
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:07 pm

having watched alves and listened to his interveiw on skysports last night ive made my mind up we have to sign him

we could have alves and finnan fighting for right back

riise and auerrilo fighting for leftback (possibly try sigh bale or lahm?)

and carra agger sami and arebola fighting for centre back

plus all the young defenders like hobbs huth antwi + insua coming through the ranks are defense would look solid
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:40 pm

Too early to tell...... but from the little I've seen so far, he looks like a damn good signing...... Keeping me fingers crossed though.... too many false dawns to date that I'm reluctant to gush... :D
ConnO'var

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:04 pm

Well, even if he wasn't the best, to have a player that's a ready-made back-up option right across the backline is never a bad thing.

And already he's showing signs of class. Things like his cheap yellow in the second leg against Barca showed his inexperience at this level, but when you bear in mind the rash decision-making of Traore after nearly a decade at the club, it's a huge leap forward in terms of a guy that was clearly bought as a squad player.

I've liked most of what I've seen so far. Would be interested to see him start a few games with Pennant on the right, as they did seem to have a nice understanding. The backheels to set up Crouch's goal against Arsenal a huge example.

Definitely not going OTT on the little we've had to go on so far, but definitely a very bright start against some very distinguished opposition.
ivor_the_injun

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:52 pm

Yeah he seems to be a good player but need to see more of him
www.myspace.com/lawrenson_sarah

www.sarahlawrenson.piczo.com

He's scouse, he's sound. He'll T-w-a-t you with a pound Carragher - Carragher
lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby Elchris » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:03 pm

Very nice player to have in the squad...composed ,doesnt panic ,stands firm ....great as a squad

alves is in a different class , different world , we should get him ... this team needs a player like him in the squad
Elchris

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:08 am

I have to say that from what I've seen of him he has impressed me, he's come in filled in at LB and RB. And looks pretty comfortable with the ball at his feet and going forward. The two back heel combo with Pennant him against Arsenal the other week was nice work from him and Pennant, when Crouch scored. His goal against Reading was a fantastic finnish. He looks the part at the mo, but I'm not sure he's as defensively sound as Finnan yet.
66-1112520797

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:13 am

Bamaga man wrote:I have to say that from what I've seen of him he has impressed me, he's come in filled in at LB and RB. And looks pretty comfortable with the ball at his feet and going forward. The two back heel combo with Pennant him against Arsenal the other week was nice work from him and Pennant, when Crouch scored. His goal against Reading was a fantastic finnish. He looks the part at the mo, but I'm not sure he's as defensively sound as Finnan yet.

That will come with time, but he seems to be stepping in right when we need stability at left back. A surprise, but he seems to be cool and comfortable on the ball. A good pickup Arbeloa is.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:50 am

Arbeloa is an excellent back-up for Finnan , i think.. A very good signing, for 2 million. I'm very impressed indeed.
Last edited by red_guy on Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:12 pm

I've been waiting before coming to an opinion on this lad particularly considering how well Josemi started out in the red shirt. Have to admit he looks a very solid buy (at just 2.5mill) and he looks like he's been playing in England for years. I like fact he seems to be dying to get forward which is a nice change-up from the more conservative (but excellent) Finnan and he has also done a decent job at left-back when asked. expect to see him at left-back for the chelsea game this week.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:25 pm

Congrats to Mr and Mrs Arbeloa

Didnt he do well......
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:41 pm

Dundalk wrote:Congrats to Mr and Mrs Arbeloa

Didnt he do well......

She looks like that mutt Sarah Jessica Parker..I still would though!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:43 pm

Number 9 wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Congrats to Mr and Mrs Arbeloa

Didnt he do well......

She looks like that mutt Sarah Jessica Parker..I still would though!!

not too sure on what he is wearing tho

:no
roberto green

Postby roberto green » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:45 pm

Shouldn't their be a Mr and Mrs Arbeloa Thread for this

:D
roberto green

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion