Alou diarra - What do you think?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sat May 07, 2005 8:30 pm

Got this from another forum, just wanted to know any of your views on this.......Personally i cant comment, as i have never seen him play(but im gonna look out for him now on Eurogoals on eurosport!).
But if he has broke in to the french team, then he must be doing something right??!!!
Let Me Just Add That I dont Think He Can Play Ahead Of Alonso(no way!!) but could POSSIBLY replace Hamann?!!!?!?!?!

HE STARTS BY SAYING:

I think Liverpool must to do all what they can to keep him. He's simply fantastic.

In the last matchs of Lens, I almost had the feel he's like Pat' Vieira, but much less dangerous.

Alou always had tackled correctly, he recovered an impressive number of balls.

Since he returned from injury, Lens increased from 13th to 8th rank. And results :
Lens-Strasbourg 2-1
Paris-SG-Lens 0-2 (Diarra best player of the match)
Lens-Nantes 2-0 (Diarra best player of the match)
Ajaccio-Lens 0-0
Lens-Auxerre 3-1
Marseille-Lens 2-1
Lens-Bordeaux 2-0 (Diarra best player of the match, from far)

Just keep it, I'm sure Diarra-Gerrard could be one of the better midfielder duet of PRL.

HE GOES ON FURTHER TO SAY -

I tried to translate a little article about Diarra :

RC Lens : Alou Diarra want to stay !

Alou Diarra, actually on loan at the RC Lens from Liverpool, said today he doesn't want to come back in England. The midfielder, recent french international, hope the 2 clubs will find an agreement about a definitive transfer. Thing possible, due to a "buy clause" in his contract.

"With Lens, I found my own club", said the player. "Lens is very ambitious and if I became an international player with France. I hope an agreement will be found. If not, I'll be very disappointed."

Diarra seems to increase his performances with the French club, and Raymond Domenech wants him to make a regular player with France.
76-1115222408

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 07, 2005 8:43 pm

i`m happy the lad is making a name for himself in france and i think our midfield is okay as it is, with gerrard and alonso i honestly feel we have the best centre mid in europe.
add hamaan to that pair and we are very strong in that dept.
the lad obviously wants to stay in france and by dragging him over here against his will we wont get the best out of him anyway even if he did come back.
good luck to him.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sat May 07, 2005 8:49 pm

Yea areed, if we bring him back against his will, he will be affected mentally. We should probably leave him in france and let him try to et to the world cup next year, at least in France he will get more exposure, especially if playing on the regs.

YNWA
76-1115222408

Postby iolsi » Sun May 08, 2005 12:03 am

lens chairman said that alou will be in the squad next year, perhaps he has a minimum fee clause (i don't know the english term)
he had an horrible first half of the season, know he's good
iolsi

Postby iolsi » Sun May 08, 2005 12:05 am

i dont thik he's good enough for liverpool, but he's still young...
iolsi

Postby akumaface » Sun May 08, 2005 4:08 am

How much did we get him for and maybe we might not lose money by selling a player this time. :;): If Alou's heart is not with us then there is no way that we should force him to stay and play at the reserve only. Good luck to him though.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sun May 08, 2005 4:16 am

akumaface wrote:How much did we get him for and maybe we might not lose money by selling a player this time. :;): If Alou's heart is not with us then there is no way that we should force him to stay and play at the reserve only. Good luck to him though.

I think we got him on a free from Bayern Munich in 2002, so if we get anything it will be a profit!!!!!
For once   :oops:
76-1115222408

Postby un lensois » Sun May 08, 2005 3:19 pm

En Français :
Laissez nous Alou Diarra s'il vous plait, vous n'allez même pas le faire jouer en plus. Nous à Lens il joue, à chaque match, titulaire indiscutable. Et au faîtes vous voulez pas nous vendre Smicer ?
In English :
Leave us Alou Diarra please, you even will not make it play moreover. Us in Lens it plays, with each match, indisputable holder. And with don't the ridges you want to sell Smicer to us?

Translation by Internet, forgiveness...
un lensois

Postby XSD » Sun May 08, 2005 10:39 pm

Don't understand a single word of that.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Mon May 09, 2005 3:11 am

Internet translation usually doesn't make sense. :;):  No need to sorry Un Lensois. I think what you are trying to say is that they would like Alou to remain as a Lens because he might not even play if return to Liverpool. Alou is "the" key to holding the ball in Lens and Please sell us Smicer (not sure if this is what he means but I defo welcome the thought though). :D
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Mon May 09, 2005 11:18 am

Read somewhere (www.soccernet.com maybe?) three or four weeks ago that Smicer is going to Lens - don't think anything was confirmed, but it sounded pretty definite.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Mon May 09, 2005 11:27 am

Read somewhere (www.soccernet.com maybe?) three or four weeks ago that Smicer is going to Lens - don't think anything was confirmed, but it sounded pretty definite.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon May 09, 2005 12:53 pm

Just because you say it twice doesn't mean its more likely to happen :p
115-1073096938

Postby iolsi » Mon May 09, 2005 10:56 pm

smicer spent 3-4 years in lens, i remember his performances against arsenal in champion's league, i think he's getting too old for liverpool, ha was really appreciated in "le championnat"

un lensois (salut :o) said that alou is now a key player for lens but if he come back to liverpool he will stay on the bench (like diao did)
he also asks you if is it possible to sell smicer to lens  :D
iolsi

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:33 pm

Just saw this on LFC.tv and i beleive it is from the Sunday People, just to keep everyone up to date!!!!

Pity he didnt kick a ball for us as it says...but oh well, up and onward i say !!!

'Liverpool mystery man Alou Diarra is set to quit Anfield and sign for French side Lens - without kicking a ball for the Kop.

Diarra joined from Bayern Munich three years ago but has been loaned out since and will now make a permanent split.

Lens are offering him a four-year deal.'

YNWA
76-1115222408

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion