Alou diarra - What do you think?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedRoots » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:41 pm

So are we getting any dosh out of it?
RedRoots

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:47 pm

On the few occasions i have seen diarra play, he has looked quite solid.  Good tackler but doesn't offer much going forward.  No where near as complete a midfielder as alonso or gerrard and not as good a holding player as hamann.

People make a fuss because he is in the french team, but look at the french team these days.  They're not as good as they were 4-5 years ago.  Ireland outplayed them in Paris not so long ago in a world cup qualifier and should really have won.  More recently they drew at home to israel in a qualifier.  There are several players in that french team who wouldn't have got a sniff of a starting place a few years back,l but with players retiring etc, people like diarra have got a chance.

Good luck to diarra anyway, I think LFC has treated him quite badly actually, especially houllier, and I'm glad he's doing well for himself
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:55 pm

john craig wrote:Good luck to diarra anyway, I think LFC has treated him quite badly actually, especially houllier, and I'm glad he's doing well for himself

Yea although i havent seen him play for us, i have seen him play for France, and as u say he WAS solid, and i second that he has been treated quite badly (by Houllier i hasten to add, not Liverpool) as he was brought over very young, but never given the chance to progress his career...Good Luck to him, and i hope we get a nice bit of change in the deal too!!!

I have to say though, i got a feeling we are gonna let him go and then we are gonna see/hear a lot about him (just a thought!!)  Sods law in full affect !!

YNWA
76-1115222408

Postby RED ANT » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:04 pm

How long has he left on his contract with us? Is he a sellable asset?
RED ANT

Postby joependo » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:39 pm

Diarra is a great player he moves quick to the ball and always first to it and great footwork to get out of danger.When Diarra played against PSV he was (for me)man of the match he played OUTSTANDING.But they still lost on pens
joependo

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:59 pm

I think we should be taking a look at him, he was not at Bayern Muich, signed by us and in the French National team by accident.

I trust Rafa though.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:32 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:I think we should be taking a look at him, he was not at Bayern Muich, signed by us and in the French National team by accident.

I trust Rafa though.

yea i agree with that Leon, i mean he was a houllier buy, but so was Djimi, Biscan etc; who were cack to say the least under GH, but under Rafas management and backroom/coaching team to become.....wait for it.....

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS   :bowdown

so we should maybe take another look, like you say he was at Bayern, is ours (at the mo at least!) and is now fully capped for France, who dont really tend to give out caps willy nilly like a certain swede!!!  ???

But again i agree that Rafa knows what he is doing and must know who he wants long term in that role (i say long term cause Diarra is still young) or who he wants to buy as a replacement.
76-1115222408

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:59 pm

joependo wrote:Diarra is a great player he moves quick to the ball and always first to it and great footwork to get out of danger.When Diarra played against PSV he was (for me)man of the match he played OUTSTANDING.But they still lost on pens

Isnt that a different Diarra ?
The one we own plays for Lens...the other Lyon ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion