Alonso to play on wednesday night against leeds

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:15 pm

Xabi will have a run out on wednesday against leeds in the reserves, if he comes through unscathed, we may see him against citey next saturday :cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:18 pm

great news, lets hope everything goes well for xavi on wednesday

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby L-type » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:18 pm

Yeah, if you check the cisse runs again thread theres a video where they announce he'll play.  Definitely exciting.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:19 pm

Alonso against city and Juve 2nd leg....sounds good to me!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:22 pm

Lazy @rse kewel might get a run out on wednesday aswell, god we need these players back for the run in, we have an awful lot of games this month.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:24 pm

Kewell back?  come on Harry...i have lost 95% faith in you....make that 5% count, get fit and get playing for the champions League! :suspect:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:45 pm

Where did you get this news from can I ask?
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:49 pm

my mouth is watering at the thought of having alonso back for the final run in to the season, gerrard and alonso playing together again in midfield cant wait
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:38 pm

wahaaaaay fantastico news.. come bak hunk .. we neeeeeed u  .. here's hoping the master passer will come thru unscathed ... :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eazy-E » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:14 pm

Its probably ******!
''I kick :censored: and i take names. You're in my pocket. Shut your mouth. Rest your gums. I own you bitch.''
Eazy-E

Postby XSD » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:15 pm

I still haven't found this news anywhere on other sites...
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:34 pm

I just hope Alonzo and Cisse aren't rushed back too early.  If we were to be guaranteed that tey would be back to their best and fighting fit for next seasons kick off i'd be happy to rest them until then.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:44 pm

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liv...-name_page.html

Xabi Alonso, meanwhile, is heading a £33million trio of Anfield talent hoping to return to action for the Premiership and Champions League finale.

The Spanish international is due to return to full training on Monday, three months after breaking his ankle against Chelsea, and could make his comeback against Juventus in Turin on April 13.

Alonso is scheduled to play for the reserves against Leeds at Wrexham next Wednesday, signalling a welcome shift in injury fortunes for Benitez.

And the Liverpool manager could also have long-term absentees Djibril Cisse and Chris Kirkland back before the season's end.

Neither Cisse, who suffered a horrendous double leg fracture at Blackburn last October, or Kirkland, who underwent back surgery in January, are expected to feature in the Premiership again this term. But both players are making quicker-than-expected progress and have not given up hope of featuring in the run-in.

Record £14m signing Cisse last week revealed he may return in May and yesterday Benitez confirmed the striker has a remote chance of completing an incredible recovery.

"I am very happy with Cisse," said Benitez. "He is running well and doing a lot of hard work with the physios and he has now completed a full warm-up.

"We no longer believe it's impossible he'll play again this season. We have to listen carefully to the doctors. We know how much Cisse wants to play, but they will decide for us."

And Kirkland revealed: "I hope to play before the end of this season. It's obviously up to the gaffer when I play but all I can do is get myself back and fit.

"I'm running again but I'm still a couple of weeks away from diving and making saves but I'm hoping to be back in action this season."

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:29 am

Alonso is perhaps the most important player to LFC that happens to be unavailable due to injury and if he plays well this Wednesday and comes through the match I'd think playing him on Saturday at city would be a real possibility.  Added to taht his availability for the Juve away leg would be a massive boost to teh team and improve our chances no end of making the Semi final

:)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:57 am

everyone seem to be praising alonso of his sheer quality when he did commit mistakes in reality. the game agaisnt boro, which we lost 2-0, i think it was their second goal when alonso's mishit pass ended up in a boro counter attack. dont get me wrong, im not suggesting that he shouldnt be chosen ahead of biscan.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion