Alonso

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby coolsobs » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:42 pm

Is it just me or could we have possibly beaten burnly and manure, and chelsea if we had him. As in the chelsea match if he hadnt been injured he would have been the one marking joe cole. In the man u match gerrard was awful so we needed his long passing and if he hadn't been injured. him or hamann would have been able to play against burnly and possibly changed the match as biscan had been awful that day.
coolsobs

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:46 pm

We're bound to miss him.  He's full of quality.  Any team would miss a player as good as that.

It would be interesting to see what position we would be in if we didn't have a bare thin squad of 1st teamers.  The only time fortune has smiled upon us this season was Baros' deflected shot against Fulham which looped their keeper and it was in.  We're just not getting any luck. :(
jonnymac1979

Postby andy_g » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:48 pm

its kind of a pointless 'what if...?'.

but obviously he'd have had a major impact on the game. he's become a virtually indispensible player already. and has to be the answer to all the doubters who question benitez's managerial qualities.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:56 pm

Luck is a poor excuse.

Always has been, always will be. In football you make your own luck.
115-1073096938

Postby bigmick » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:03 pm

As annoying as Stu is with his consistent, "you make you're own luck" stance, he is right, mostly. I suspect the truth is that luck or lack thereof is thrust upon you, the very best teams just seem to be able to overcome it. Classic example is the handball against Chelsea. I still maintain that Riley knew instantly he had made a mistake and with the minimum provocation would have redressed the balance in the second half with a 'substitute' penalty. You've gotta get in the box first though, then you've gotta ask the question. Thats what the good sides do, the ones with winning mentality, they overcome bad luck. Lets face it, had they got in the box and asked the question, its not like the fans wouldnt've joined in is it?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:06 pm

And sorry guys, a total digression off topic ( thats Stu's fault for distracting me  :D ) back on now, yes Alonso is a fabulous footballer and we miss him lots. Whether we would have won those games we'll never know of course.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:37 pm

I agree luck is not a commodity which can be measured.  Luck does not have any feelings for or against a particular scenario, in this case LFC.  It's just natures' co-incidence that all of our players are getting injured. 

Not to sound like Houllier, it's been a shocking couple of seasons.  There are a few players who have missed three or four months of the campaign over the last season or two.  Look at Carragher and Baros getting injured in the same game.  Hamman missed a lot of last season.  Even chim-chimminy-Cheyrou was injured for most of the time he wouldn't have got picked anyway!!  :D

It feels never ending this season.  Nunez, Cisse, Gerrard, Alonso...... there are more as well.

I just feel like saying to this 'ether' known as luck, or the law of averages, whatever it is, to "Give us a f**king break!!!"

Not a leg break though!!! :D
jonnymac1979

Postby gerrardisgod » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:47 pm

what dya mean question benitez managering skills he has none :glare:
gerrardisgod

Postby bigmick » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:57 pm

Dear oh dear we have another winder-upper in our midst. I guess this is the bit where we rant and rave and he tells his mates that he had us all going. Ok then, here goes mate just for you:

"HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT ABOUT RAFA? ???? HE'S THE BEST MANAGER EVER. WHY DON'T YOU GO AND SUPPORT CHELSEA IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT. YOU ARE THE MOST CLUELESS IDIOT ON THIS FORUM ETC ETC ETC ETC." Hope this is OK now can we get back to discussing the game. BTW whoever you are, why not just declare your allegiance be it Everton, man U or whatever and join in. You'll find it a whole lot less boring.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:02 pm

what dya mean question benitez managering skills he has none

I suppose you would be a better manager because you have Championship Manager.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:17 pm

Alonso is red hot on CM!

Seriously he is missed - the shower last night proved that, they could not string a 10 yard pass together.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:27 pm

is that the new football manager game. is it any good, cos i might get a copy of me mate
109-1105722616

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:30 pm

Yeah. It is red hot, and dare i say it - better than the old CM series.

In my third season with the Reds and have Managed two fourth places - stuggling in 7th this season though coming up to Christmas!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:31 pm

There was some fool here saying that Rafa was garbage because we aren't winning every game. He also said that he was a better manager because on Championship Manager he won the league with LFC so that would make him a better manager than Rafa.

I think that fool has returned
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:32 pm

crazyhorse wrote:Yeah. It is red hot, and dare i say it - better than the old CM series.

In my third season with the Reds and have Managed two fourth places - stuggling in 7th this season though coming up to Christmas!

Thats nothing. I've won the league,the fa cup, the champions league, ended up first with 102 points, scored 80 goals with Baros,etc... obiviously I should be the manager of LFC instead of Benitez............................
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion