Alonso in advanced talks...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mungi » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:37 am

correct me if im wrong but these romours started when alonso got benched asngst chelsea in the cl final. it was for 1 game far out and people on here start talking about a move to barca. he was back in the team next match!!
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:04 am

Source: Marca.

"El inicio fue bueno, creamos ocasiones, necesitábamos tranquilidad pero ha sido una lástima no marcar más goles. Ahora me voy de vacaciones, vuelvo a casa, a San Sebastián, voy a disfrutar de la playa, de los amigos de la familia, a desconectar. Antes de esta concentración el objetivo eran los seis puntos y lo hemos conseguido. Podíamos haber marcado más goles", comentó Xabi Alonso.

Sobre si tiene un favorito para ganar la Liga -Real Madrid o FC Barcelona-, Xabi se mostró diplomático. "Que gane el mejor la Liga", dijo Xabi, quien reconoció en Radio Marca que el año próximo seguirá jugando en Anfield.

"The start of the game was good (Lietchtenstein), we made a lot of chances, but it was a pity not to score more goals.
Now I'm off on hollidays, I come back home, to San Sebastian, I'm going to enjoy friends, family and beach, and I'll disconnect from football a bit" Commented Xabi Alonso.

When asked whether he has a favourite team to win the Liga, he answered diplomatically "Let the best team win the liga" . Xabi also admitted that he'll be next season playing in Anfield to Radio Marca.

-------------

Despite I haven't heard radio marca, that's more than a rumour, he's staying. But I'll find the broadcast and hear it my self just to be sure!
:)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:09 am

Great stuff
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:32 am

Sabre wrote:Xabi also admitted that he'll be next season playing in Anfield to Radio Marca.

If this is the most important part of the interview, why did they not quote what he said?
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:39 am

Two speculations:

a) Because they are Spaniards and the game of the Spanish Squad against Lietchenstein is more important than a foreign club

b) Because quoting Xabi's words in the radio would highlight that all the rumours they've been writing this month are utter rubbish.

Knowing Marca, I think it's 89% of B) and 11% of A).

Don't expect good journalism in this country.

It's also my mistake to have included the Lietchestein bit in the rough translation, but well, in my view it was relevant to mention he's off on holidays and let you know he played for the team. He did well. So did Reina, but he didn't have much work, as you could expect. Alonso had a little injury I haven't mentioned this days, he twisted his ankle in a training session but fortunately enough, it wasn't important.

Anyhow, the fact he stays it's good, but I hope a new contract is signed up soon.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:09 am

It's like Eto'o playing for Cameroon and telling a local radio station about his holidays.....

then at the end it says, "oh, and by the way Eto'o confirmed his intention to join Liverpool"
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:31 am

Hahaha, well put, it's like that yes.

The football tabloids work that way, it's not surprising. For them, the worst of nightmares is that there's not transfer rumours, because without transfer rumours, they don't sell newspapers in summer.

So not surprising they comment that Alonso stays as if it was not important, it's something dissapointing for them. But yes, you're absolutely right :D

P.S. After browsing all the other tabloids no mention to Xabi's words of not moving. They were quick to echo a rumour of Daily mirror though.  :no
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:04 am

alonso will not move
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:25 pm

a few things.

1. why would adidas and liverpool include him in their photoshoot for the new season's kit if he wasn't here next year? wouldn't that be a waste of money and time?

2. i'm a bit :censored: off that everything is taking so long as well...and also that at a press conference for the spanish national team he didn't exactly say he was staying and was rather reluctant to say anything (according to marca.com). it was along the terms of, i don't wanna say anything right now because i'm concentrating on la selección. surely it wouldn't have done any harm of saying he wanted to stay if he really wanted to?

3. i'm not really sure about these contract issues...do the rules mean he can be bought out of his contract anytime within the next two years (of course during the transfer windows) or only this summer?
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:28 pm

2. i'm a bit  off that everything is taking so long as well...and also that at a press conference for the spanish national team he didn't exactly say he was staying and was rather reluctant to say anything (according to marca.com). it was along the terms of, i don't wanna say anything right now because i'm concentrating on la selección. surely it wouldn't have done any harm of saying he wanted to stay if he really wanted to?

Not in the press conference mate, but in an interview to Radio Marca (a mate confirmed he heard it and MARCA acknowledges it) he has said that next season he'll be in Anfield. No words about his new contract though.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:15 pm

mick, why did you delete my post and edit your post?

you cut and paste something without reading it, it said you were from germany.

i suggest if you want to cut and paste then credit the source, and then editing your post and deleting my post is pathetic
112-1077774096

Postby tubby » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:26 pm

Shut up
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:05 pm

If Rafa sells Alonso ahead of Sissoko I'll be very dissapointed in Rafa. And if just to keep Momo happy so he signs a new contract and lets him play ahead of Mascherano I am going to be even more dissapointed.

We have 5 CM and 4 wants regular football and no rotation.
But Lucas isn't some unknown prospect, but one of the best CM to come out of Brazil for years. Gerrard, masch and lucas isn't going anywhere 100%.

I don't want Gerrard at right wing and masch has shown he is the best midfielder we've got to take out the oppositions best players and protect the back 4.
Alonso might be  bit slow and suspect defensivly and his tackling is a bit off, but he's a brillant footballer with skills and passing. So he is a good player to have and he'll get enough games.
Then Momo and Lucas will be 2 very frustrated players next season cause I can not understand how Momo can be unhappy with his playing time this past season.
He played at least every other game and got games even after he had some poor ones. and letting a £8m signing sit on the bench or not even that would be a big waste of money and would alienate the player right away wanting him to leave for italy and Spain when given the chance.
And if Masch gets sacrificed just cause his long term future might be uncertain and then is let to leave I'll seriously question Liverpool and rafa's ambition since it's obvious that masch just oozes class.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:11 pm

Penguins wrote:If Rafa sells Alonso ahead of Sissoko I'll be very dissapointed in Rafa. And if just to keep Momo happy so he signs a new contract and lets him play ahead of Mascherano I am going to be even more dissapointed.

But Lucas isn't some unknown prospect, but one of the best CM to come out of Brazil for years. Gerrard, masch and lucas isn't going anywhere 100%.

I don't want Gerrard at right wing and masch has shown he is the best midfielder we've got to take out the oppositions best players and protect the back 4.
Alonso might be  bit slow and suspect defensivly and his tackling is a bit off, but he's a brillant footballer with skills and passing. So he is a good player to have and he'll get enough games.
Then Momo and Lucas will be 2 very frustrated players next season cause I can not understand how Momo can be unhappy with his playing time this past season.
He played at least every other game and got games even after he had some poor ones. and letting a £8m signing sit on the bench or not even that would be a big waste of money and would alienate the player right away wanting him to leave for italy and Spain when given the chance.
And if Masch gets sacrificed just cause his long term future might be uncertain and then is let to leave I'll seriously question Liverpool and rafa's ambition since it's obvious that masch just oozes class.

:no

This is one of the worst posts I've read.

IMO, it is utter SH!TE.
LFC2007

Postby redtrader74 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:27 pm

Penguins wrote:If Rafa sells Alonso ahead of Sissoko I'll be very dissapointed in Rafa. And if just to keep Momo happy so he signs a new contract and lets him play ahead of Mascherano I am going to be even more dissapointed.

I  can't follow this post either....what are you trying to say?....If if and if seems to be the basis of it.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion