Alonso deal to be completed by wednesday evening?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:10 pm

I'm not normally one for speculation, but this would be fantastic news.

The midfield should be immense with this signing and leave us with options we could have only dreamt of having the last two or three seasons.

He's got the same reputation in Spain as Gerrard has here apparently and from what i've seen (which isn't alot if i'm honest) he's looked a class act.

Hopefully Kewell can regain form and this Nunez fella will be a good player and we'll be a different team. :)

Hopefully all we'll need now is a new centre half and a player who can play off the main striker. :)
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:11 pm

Source is ITV text 402.

Forgot to mention sorry. :)
115-1073096938

Postby madred » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:14 pm

Thank god for Benitez. We are probably getting one of the biggest emerging stars in Spanish football and im getting pretty excited by all the transfer news now. The Spanish revolution is now really begining to start.
Last edited by madred on Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:14 pm

Xabi Alonso's reputation in Spain is huge.

I saw a profile on him on BBC before Euro 2004 and it was a very glowing report.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby taff » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:20 pm

That would be an extremely pwerful midfield combination hopefully allowing the left and right sides to attack attack attack
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:27 pm

Official: Liverpool Agree Xabi Deal
8/17/2004 3:00:00 PM
Real Sociedad have announced on their official website that they have agreed a fee with Liverpool for Xabi Alonso.
The player is expected to complete his medical later on in the week, and then put pen to paper on a contract with the Anfield club.

It is believed that Liverpool will pay over £10 million for the Spanish international.
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:30 pm

I understand it will be press confrenced on Thursday, and faxed over to Premeir League HQ by the 12noon deadline Friday to enable him to kick ****** against the poor mancs at the weekend....
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:33 pm

All of a sudden the bench looks a bit stronger with Hamann on there doesn't it :D

Thats providing he doesn't play Gerrard on the right, if Alonso's as good as he's made out to be this maybe an option in the odd match or two.
115-1073096938

Postby banana » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:02 pm

Good stuff Benitez. I do not think it is a coincidence that the price is initially set at £ 8 millions, the same amount we got for Owen. Our finances are not the greatest, so we have to sell before we buy. Alonso and Gerrard could be a great partnership. My guess is that Hamann and Henchoz will be the next players we sell and that a central defender will be the next signing.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:03 pm

what happened to collocini? that deal just disappeared without a trace. ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby fivecups » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:52 pm

Translated from Real Sociedad website:

PRINCIPLE IN AGREEMENT BETWEEN The REAL SOCIETY And The LIVERPOOL BY XABI ALONSO

The Real Society and the Liverpool Football Club have arrived this morning at a principle of agreement for the crossing of Xabi Alonso to the historical English club.

To the delay of the final writing of documents, the player tolosarra will reaffirm his approval to this previous agreement of crossing and he will be come to the company/signature in the next hours.

The conversations initiated in the last days between the three parts have taken to this understanding, that will be authenticated with the agreement at which they arrive Xabi Alonso and Liverpool FC.

The Real Society wants to emphasize the climate of seriousness, transparency and vision of future that has presided over the relation established between the three parts and that have taken to this principle in agreement.

Glad we cleared that up then

:)
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:30 pm

stu_the_red wrote:I'm not normally one for speculation, but this would be fantastic news.

The midfield should be immense with this signing and leave us with options we could have only dreamt of having the last two or three seasons.

He's got the same reputation in Spain as Gerrard has here apparently and from what i've seen (which isn't alot if i'm honest) he's looked a class act.

Hopefully Kewell can regain form and this Nunez fella will be a good player and we'll be a different team. :)

Hopefully all we'll need now is a new centre half and a player who can play off the main striker. :)

Nice to see your back Stu,I was think,in of pack'in in myself,theres been no one worth arguing with!!. but I agree were going to be a much better and stronger team. :O  :O
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:55 pm

fivecups wrote:Translated from Real Sociedad website:

PRINCIPLE IN AGREEMENT BETWEEN The REAL SOCIETY And The LIVERPOOL BY XABI ALONSO

The Real Society and the Liverpool Football Club have arrived this morning at a principle of agreement for the crossing of Xabi Alonso to the historical English club.

To the delay of the final writing of documents, the player tolosarra will reaffirm his approval to this previous agreement of crossing and he will be come to the company/signature in the next hours.

The conversations initiated in the last days between the three parts have taken to this understanding, that will be authenticated with the agreement at which they arrive Xabi Alonso and Liverpool FC.

The Real Society wants to emphasize the climate of seriousness, transparency and vision of future that has presided over the relation established between the three parts and that have taken to this principle in agreement.

Glad we cleared that up then

:)

Thats good to hear, the deal should be wrapped up by the tomorrow then, I hope.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby matrix » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:36 am

i think real madrid are looking at collocini, end of story...

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:38 am

matrix wrote:i think real madrid are looking at collocini, end of story...

I agree, who else would they look for after they gave up Alonso?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion