Alonso deal has been comfirm by real sociedad :d:d - N finnan is leaving for 2m to spurs

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby weezy » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:01 pm

Finally alonso deal have been comfirm and finnan is reported to be leaving to spurs for around 2m  :D   :laugh:  :D
weezy

Postby zarababe » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:09 pm

Yes I heard that the Boss was trying to tie this-up before the internationals tomorrow.. is it confirmed.. where ???  great news ... whose the man.. Benitez :blues:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:22 pm

cant wait for alonso to come, the spanish revel about this guy, this was the number 1 target for benetez, and i some how feel benetez rates alonso better than gerrard, anywhere near gerrard will do for us.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:29 pm

better than Gerrard... wow... can't wait this midfield could be to die for :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:29 pm

Looking forward to see Alonso to wear Red kit, he is hell of good player and he is the type of player that we need and it is defo partner to Gerrard, because Gerrard need a creative midfielder not another defensive midfielder like Owen Hargreaves or someone else.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:10 am

Alonso and Gerrard in the midfield? What else could you ask for other than somebody better than Kewell :p
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:33 am

This from http://sport.independent.co.uk/footbal....=552571

Liverpool agree terms for Alonso
By Gordon Tynan
18 August 2004

Liverpool have reached a "preliminary agreement" with Real Sociedad to sign the Spanish midfielder Xabi Alonso for £10.7m. But the Liverpool manager, Rafael Benitez, may not be able to complete the transfer until after Spain's friendly against Venezuela tonight.

Another Spaniard, Antonio Nunez, was the latest of the summer imports to arrive at Anfield yesterday when the midfielder completed his transfer from Real Madrid as part of the deal which took Michael Owen to the Bernabeu.

Nunez completed his medical and has signed a three-year contract. Real Madrid paid £8m for Owen plus the £3m-rated Spaniard. Nunez joins yet another compatriot, Josemi, whom Benitez signed from Malaga for £2m.

That would put a question mark over the future of Dietmar Hamann, who is in the last year of his contract, while Tottenham are believed to have made an approach to sign the Republic of Ireland right-back Steve Finnan, who has lost his place to Josemi.

Spurs need a replacement for Stephen Carr, whom they sold to Newcastle last week, and Finnan, who could go for £2m, fits the bill.

Alonso's agent, Inaki Ibanez, insists the deal for the young Spaniard is done and that Real Madrid are no longer trying to sign the player.

Ibañez said: "The crossing of Xabi Alonso to Liverpool is practically done. On the part of the player everything is closed and now there are only small details between the clubs to be done."

Alonso is expected to become a Liverpool player after passing a medical.

Nunez, a 25-year-old right-sided midfielder who made 10 appearances for Real last season, trained with his new team-mates at Melwood after passing a medical and has been allocated the No 12 shirt.

He said: "Even if Owen hadn't signed for Madrid, I already had an offer from Liverpool and I knew that the manager was keen to sign me, which is something to be proud of. Last season, I found out how hard it would be to play at Real and I know Liverpool will be the same, but I hope to get some more minutes on the pitch.

"It is never going to be satisfactory, leaving the best team in the world but playing for Liverpool is a dream come true for any player."

Liverpool have also been linked with the £6m-rated Barcelona winger Luis Garcia but the sporting director at Barça, Txiki Begiristain, said: "No representatives from Liverpool have contacted the player and he's not come and talked money with us.

"However, we want our players here to be happy and to want to play for Barça. If any of them don't feel right here, then we'll try to sort it out."
ivor_the_injun

Postby A.B. » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:01 am

Interesting news. Finnan has no place on the team but he would be a descent replacement if Josemi gets injured.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby ralmach » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:05 am

Gerrard is better than Alonso. He's a good player but don't think is god. :;):
Spanish LFC fan
ralmach

Postby laza » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:14 am

I see LFC TV is now starting to put Alonso articles up in their latest news which is always a good sign
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:25 am

yippy....finally i can take a snap.

wow...let me check 1st...
kewell + Gerrard + alonso + (anyone else)
oh god,these guys only appear in my dream but now come true for me.....

better we change the line up to below:
          baros    cisse    F.sinama.P

kewell   GERRARD   alonso

riise/warnock    henchoz   hyypia   josemi/carra

dudek

phew!!!!! invincible...........

warnock looks like a aggresive player for me when i watch the game against tottenham...
future star? lets pray. :D
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby jordantoh » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:38 am

Wow... a very attacking formation u have there.... hmmz.. don't think Rafa will be so attack minded bro...

mayb the formation might end up like this:

CISSIE             BAROS

KEWELL     GERRARD      ALONSO    NUNEZ

RIISE       HYYPIA      CARRA         JOSEMI

KIRKLAND ( I HOPE)

wonderful formation... title winning squad?   :laugh:
jordantoh

Postby zackboxer » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:48 am

From the lfc.tv website:

I love this guy already !!    :)

Xabi Alonso today admitted he has turned down the opportunity of playing for Real Madrid to secure a 'dream move' to Liverpool. 
The Real Sociedad midfielder is expected to complete his transfer to Anfield later in the week to become Rafael Benitez's third signing as Reds' manager.
  Just days after Michael Owen opted to quit Anfield for the Bernabeu, Kopites everywhere will be heartened to hear the lure of Liverpool is still too strong for some players to resist.
  "Liverpool are one of those clubs that any player always dreams about being able to play for," he said.
  "It is sad that I will not be in the same team as Michael Owen but sometimes things change in life and the future is still positive.
  "When it came down to a choice between Madrid and Liverpool I chose Liverpool. They are the club that showed the biggest interest in me."
  Alonso also admitted his decision to choose Liverpool owed a lot to his respect for manager Rafael Benitez.
  "Not only is Benitez a great coach, he is a master of psychology," said the 22 year old.
  "He can make the players become friends and he can help them perform to a higher level. This is how he enabled Valencia to triumph in La Liga.
  "I believe under Benitez our work will be excellent. I am convinced that this season the Reds can be considered to win the championship."
zackboxer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jordantoh » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:58 am

wow... Alonso has a Reds committment just like Gerrard... we have a committed central mid... they will kill all the midfielders in EPl... YEAH to Alonso!!!!! :D
jordantoh

Postby jymbojetset » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:07 am

jordantoh wrote:Wow... a very attacking formation u have there.... hmmz.. don't think Rafa will be so attack minded bro...

mayb the formation might end up like this:

CISSIE             BAROS

KEWELL     GERRARD      ALONSO    NUNEZ

RIISE       HYYPIA      CARRA         JOSEMI

KIRKLAND ( I HOPE)

wonderful formation... title winning squad?   :laugh:

Some team!

Bring on City!
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion