Alonso better than gerrard?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:33 pm

Is alonso better than steven gerrard? Based on current form i would say yes. If stevie g does go then i think alonso is the perfect replacement. I can say I think we have missed alonso while he was injured and that with him we have looked a better team. His passing certainly matches gerrard if not it is better. They both have a good shot on them and are both influential in the team. If they both played together next season our midfield will be unstoppable. It is only form that helps me decide which one is better because they match each other in every way.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:34 pm

The answer is yes, the question i put to you is, why start another thread on this? Aren't the other  50 good enough?
115-1073096938

Postby The_Rock » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:55 pm

Yes...Yes...Yes..

Have to admit, Gerrard has been somewhat disappointing in the 2nd half of this season.

And Alonso has been class. Alonso and Morientas combo will create & score a lot of goals.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joependo » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:02 pm

You never know these questions but this time it's Alonso who is better than Gerrard.It even said in the paper'when you look at it Liverpool have won moe without thier skipper stevie G'so doesn't that answer ur question
joependo

Postby 1234ram » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:38 pm

no way
1234ram

Postby XSD » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:22 pm

I always said we missed Alonso more than we did Steven when he got injured, so yes.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:38 pm

1234ram wrote:no way

Fu.ck off Spam, why did you start a thread on it then?
jonnymac1979

Postby alonso_is_god » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:48 pm

id say dere as gd as eacthother,need dem both 2 perform asbest dey can!!!!  best 2 centre mid's in the premiership :p
alonso_is_god

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:24 am

eerm YES Alonso is better than Gerrard.

He is a more accomplished and consistent footballer.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:11 am

I think Gerrard is a much better player and i think you lot are mad
66-1112520797

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:55 am

why not we say that.. both combined... a midfield pairing made by heaven...
Alonso_Rulz

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:05 pm

Alonso has had some great games and i am excited about the prospect of him being in our midfield for years ahead, but to say he is better than Gerrard on the back of half a season is RIDICULOUS !!

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:57 pm

They both offer slightly different things, in essence they are very different players. 

Alonso is the playmaker, he is a better passer of the ball that Stevie and is more open to bring other payers in.

Gerrard is a more aggressive midfield player, who can break up the opposition attacks better.  He has the advantage though over other defensive midfielders as he is a good passer and great at driving the team forward.

In all great teams you need both of these types.  In the past few years Stevie has been playing both of these games.. stopper and provider... he should now find it easier as his partner in the midfield will take off some of the pressure.

For Liverpool to start to look like title contenders we need to have both of these player in our team. 

Both Alonso and Gerrard would be virtually impossible to replace as they are both the best at what they do.

Doesn't really answer your queestion though, does it??
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:00 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:They both offer slightly different things, in essence they are very different players. 

Alonso is the playmaker, he is a better passer of the ball that Stevie and is more open to bring other payers in.

Gerrard is a more aggressive midfield player, who can break up the opposition attacks better.  He has the advantage though over other defensive midfielders as he is a good passer and great at driving the team forward.

In all great teams you need both of these types.  In the past few years Stevie has been playing both of these games.. stopper and provider... he should now find it easier as his partner in the midfield will take off some of the pressure.

For Liverpool to start to look like title contenders we need to have both of these player in our team. 

Both Alonso and Gerrard would be virtually impossible to replace as they are both the best at what they do.

Doesn't really answer your queestion though, does it??

Agreed Ola - 2 different to compare - Hamman and Alonso maybe a better comparison
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:06 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:Alonso has had some great games and i am excited about the prospect of him being in our midfield for years ahead, but to say he is better than Gerrard on the back of half a season is RIDICULOUS !!

He was very good in Spain as well though.
He is world class, and he is not just having a better season he is genuinly better than Gerrard.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion