Alonso - Bad news

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:19 am

i think hamann has already signed a 2 yr-contract.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hobbes » Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:39 am

Ban Lampard !

It was intentional foul play. Chelsea and their dirty tricks. Unprofessional play. They knew Setevie and Alonso is the heart of Liverpool mid field. Kill either one, you will break a hole in the mid field.

Lampard is despicable. He is not in any way near Gerrard's quality. He can never match Gerrard.

Gerrard had been rough before, but never made career ending challange to anyone.

Come on, this is football, not a fist fight, for heaven sake, Chelsea  dont brake our players' bones. Concentrate on the ball not the bone,,,,
hobbes

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:44 am

azriahmad wrote:The match commentators were saying that Hamann may want to return to Germany and the fact that he has not signed a contract renewal may indicate so. If I am not mistaken, Andy Gray commented that it would be difficult for Liverpool to find a replacement for Hamann who is playing well in his position.

Tough break for Alonso.

Andy Gray and match commentators? Two weeks ago Hamann said he wasn't going anywhere. Year after year its the same story with Hamann yet he never goes.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Djiin » Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:17 am

wishs the lad speedy recovery!...YNWA
Djiin

Postby liamac » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:10 pm

Its a crying shame, SG and Xabi were really starting to gell in mifield.

Xabi already reminds me in a lot of ways of John Barnes and Jan Molby , dont know if any of you older guys would agree. What i mean is , the way he passes , controls the midfield , all passing up front goes thru him  just like Molby and Barnes used to control the midfield.........Xabi has only been here a short while but all ready is going down in folk law as one of the greats..........still cant believe we got him and for only 10million !!! :)  :)
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:42 pm

Good comparison with Alonso, I see your drift. He has so much composure he looks like he's got all the time in the world, also like Hansen to be honest, stridin purposely forward, ball tied to his feet as he looks for the killer pass. Hope for his sake he dont end up resemblin big Jan too much.... and I do mean BIG Jan!!
Could be a long 6 weeks without him, but we've played a lot of games he aint started so Rafa's got confidence in the other guys too, which aint no bad startin point. BTW, next time I pick up my pay packet, I'd love to be able to say "only 10 million!!!!!" :D
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:50 pm

:D  :D  classic  one kenny  :D  :D

Your right about Alonso not turning into big Jan , christ that bloke ate some pies !! :D
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby liamac » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:45 pm

Didnt see  the point in starting a new thread , but just read that Alonso is going to be out  for only 5 to 6 weeks and NOT the 2 months first feared

http://www.pink-football.com/news.asp?action=1&newsId=36228

Thankgod for that !!!
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby simic_ie » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:55 am

Just got this from bbc.co.uk, things are just getting worse :(

Liverpool's Xabi Alonso could be out of action for up to three months with the broken ankle he suffered in the Reds' 1-0 defeat against Chelsea.

Alonso was initially expected to be out for six weeks after falling victim to a strong challenge from Frank Lampard, who was booked for the offence.

But the injury is now expected to take around 10 to 12 weeks to heal properly.

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez told the club's official website: "It is a big blow."

Alonso has become a key figure since his summer signing from Sociedad.

The playmaker joined Anfield in a £10.5m move and has made 23 appearances for Liverpool, scoring two goals.

Alonso joined Harry Kewell (groin), Milan Baros (hamstring) and long-term injury victims Vladimir Smicer (knee) and Djibril Cisse (broken leg) on the Anfield injury-list.

But Benitez would not be drawn on whether he would seek to bolster his squad in January's transfer window.

"We will see," Benitez said. "We have a good squad so we have players who can come into midfield."
Last edited by simic_ie on Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:03 am

bad bad bad

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:21 pm

Confirmed on .tv also......

Bollox
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:26 pm

Look like we have to buy another midfielder as cover for Xabi Alonso.........maybe loan signing or not.

How's about Robbie Savage to sign for Liverpool?  :D

I heard he want to go back to live in North West of England!!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:42 pm

I'd give Igor a shot, he hasn't let us down this season and if Rafa is really intent on selling him then maybe he can increase his market value somewhat with a few decent performances
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:01 pm

i wasn't into the aimar idea at all at first - but with xabi out for 3 months i'm suddenly all for it.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:04 pm

simic_ie wrote:"We will see," Benitez said. "We have a good squad so we have players who can come into midfield."

From that quote it would seem that signing another midfielder is not Rafa's priority . I think he's right, would rather spend whats available on adding to our strike force.

:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion