Alonso - Bad news

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:02 am

I suspected as much ???  Alonso along with Gerard and the impressive Hamann were bossing the midfield and running the game. Incidents where players take their frustration out due to the dominance of the other team doesn't usually occur until the latter stages of the game and at 0-0 Lampard was taking a risk although in Mike Riley they must have thought it was a risk worth taking ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:03 am

Mike Riley.............argh this tw@t is disgrace
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:11 am

IF Lampard has received instructions to "crock" a fellow professional it's a sad day in the prem ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:49 am

I think Chelsea  (and especially Lampard)  went into the game believing their own hype etc , started playing, realised our midfield were totally out classing their own and  so Lampard threw a hissy fit which took out Alonso...............no accounting for class , which Lampard obviously doesnt possess compared to Alonso...................on another note , just read on another thread that  SG was hugging and shaking all the Chelsea players hands like they were all mates......
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:58 am

Hugging is a little harsh to be fair . I go the games and all i saw was the kind of mutual respect contact you get when players clash or get tripped or pushed over .........Murphy's a live wire and likes to vent his spleen especialy after a defeat ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:03 am

Its only what i read Dalglish, i was just asking if it was true and if anyone had seen it. Thanks for putting the record straight , much appreciated .

To be honest i was a little surprised by it  seeing how  SG had giving back a nice tackle to Chelski after what had happened to Alonso.
Nice one about Murphy , good thing he didnt try and kiss em ,he probably would of donated a kidney !! :D  :D
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:10 am

Its just my opinion mate but of course with the recent speculation over SGs future, its ineviatable that some will make something of his interaction with Chelsea players ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:11 am

Oops read that last bit about Murphy wrong  ,sorry Dalglish   :blush: ......christ i need new glasses.......and to be sober !!!   :D  :D
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:12 am

Kepp taking the tablets lad :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:13 am

Yep thats  true Dalglish , theres been tons of speculation about SG , so the slightest thing is  going to start another rumour , hence the thread that i had read.
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:15 am

the official liverpool site has confirmed that alonso will be out of action for 6 weeks. however that means he has a good chance of being fit for the champions league game against leverkeusen. at least he'd better be, because stevie g's suspended. :(
Last edited by stmichael on Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:22 am

I had realised that St Michael :( 

Walking away from the ground today some fan was bemoaning the poor signings of the past and parelled two Chelsea players who should have and could have joined us , namely Joe Cole and Damien Duff. Instead we went for Cheyrou, Diouf and Daio ???

Tell you who was World Class today ......Gallas. Whereas John terry seemed intent on hoofing it into Row Z I lost count of the amount of times Galals played his way out of trouble ..............
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:31 am

I always thought Joe Cole was a bargain  and could never understand why we didnt  go for him , but more importantly Duff  who would have loved to have come to Liverpool especially as  heard he  was a Liverpool supporter as a  kid and has his family in the North West.
Houllier thought  he new better than everyone else and simply decided to go by his own judgements , much like when he was offered Christiano Ronaldo...........he simply wasnt interested in twinkle toes.
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:39 am

i tell you what. the names of some of the players our former managers TURNED DOWN signing is frightening when you consider what they went on to achieve for other clubs, namely up the M6. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby azriahmad » Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:07 am

The match commentators were saying that Hamann may want to return to Germany and the fact that he has not signed a contract renewal may indicate so. If I am not mistaken, Andy Gray commented that it would be difficult for Liverpool to find a replacement for Hamann who is playing well in his position.

Tough break for Alonso.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion