All things Rafa (merged threads) - stick yer Rafa sh'it in here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Boocity » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:31 pm

Stay, cos lets be realistic, who better are we going to get. We are still in the UCL and maybe I am just too optimistic and haven't given up on the league
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:32 pm

Reg wrote:
s@int wrote:go now

Isnt this what the Rafalooootion is all about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY8nRfEnWtc

:laugh:  :laugh:   

Where's Nan ??!!

:D Nice Reg. You're referring to the "And I'm losing control" line right  ???  Or was it the "you'd better shape up" bit  :;):
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:33 pm

Mick, we're all just being terribly polite to you. On the side we're all PM'ing each other. saying you're talking b0ll0x :p
You gotta laugh, don't you ??
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:35 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Mick, we're all just being terribly polite to you. On the side we're all PM'ing each other. saying you're talking b0ll0x :p
You gotta laugh, don't you ??

I'll take talking b0ll0cks anyday Mark. I thought you was all pm'ing each other and discussing what a c... I am  :D .

Talking b0ll0cks though yeah, you got me.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:38 pm

Go, but at the end of the season.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:39 pm

Emerald Red wrote:This thread should have THIS playing once entered.

Em, he's not the first leader to be faced with that quandery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1vwKZiDsY4

:rasp
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:41 pm

bigmick wrote: :D Nice Reg. You're referring to the "And I'm losing control" line right  ???  Or was it the "you'd better shape up" bit  :;):

Its all in their Mick, gotta shape up but you're the one that I want !!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:43 pm

Fair enough and you're right that I misinterpreted. As I've said, I'm probably defensive and sensitive. And then there's the world of interpretation of what someone is implying. I have an additional handicap with the language.

Sorry for my own misinterpretation of your comment to Lando. I understand you didn't like it. I don't like it neither when people try to interpret my posts, or like Heimdall has just done, assuming that I must defend Rafa because he's Spaniard. That's as silly as saying you defend Neville because he's English, as I've insulted Rafa when none of you knew who he was. He comes from Real Madrid, an archenemy of mine. And, sometimes, when you misinterpret someone, AND your club is struggling, you're more sensitive. It's not you the main reason of the reaction, it's the team's situation and watching Man U overtaking you.

If you want to understand the overreaction of the pros these years, you should look at assumptions like the ones of Heimdall about Sammy Lee being a yes man, you add to that a frustrating draw at Fratton Park (which makes all fans angry), and you have a reaction. The answer is as simple as when the team gets a frustrating draw, the people are less willingly to accept shít about the team. And saying Kuyt wins his place with blowjobs is shíte. If you made "stats" about how and when Lando gets nervous, you'd find an incredible relationship with bad results of the team and aftermath comment. For your surprise, you may notice that after a good run of games, Lando is much more calm, especially because insults to the player and manager are more rare.

If you want further explanation as of why you got stick despite never insulting Rafa, that's something that you should ask directly to the implied people, because I don't know what's the reason, personally.

Anyhow, I think the posting vacation was a healthy thing, and Heimdall is right in a diagnostic: I need to chill down a bit, and probably I need more posting vacation. If I can ask, I don't need prozac nor medicines, just give me a victory in the Bernabeu, 3 Premiership victories in a row, a Ronaldo sent off, and you'll see how suddenly Sabre is more willingly to accept any Heimdallism, and how your comments are interpreted in a more positive way, I could even scroll down Owzat's posts with the usual ease. That's the medicine I need.  :)
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:43 pm

sabre mate... take a chill pill...seriously..
you talk about sarcasm in mick's posts and hidden digs and all that.. i think your looking too hard in expectation and hope more than anything... he's been pretty clear in what he said... even when he does have a dig i mean fck me but its so fckin obvious... and same goes to you.... i know your post wasnt aimed at me but i sort of find your tone pretty condescending to be honest... goes both ways whether u notice it or not

i just think everyone is dissapointed and people have different ways of dealing with it... people need to chill out a little, hopefully a good result against madrid does the trick..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:45 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
I hate to say that 'cos a new guy means new start (from scratch again), means no continuity...

Why? Chelsea scrapped Scolari, but they aren't "starting from scratch".

I'm not saying that a change of manager isn't without it's peril, but it's not like taking everyone one and shooting them.

The point being, that a new man means new tactics means undoing the current mindset means "I don't know what the fook I'm supposed to be doing in this new formation....".

the same s it is now
112-1077774096

Postby Sabre » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:47 pm

For the record my last post wasn't meant to be a dig to Mick, rather I tried to admit I'm sensitive, I explained why is that (not personal with any of you but related to the team), and that's all.

I just need a couple of Liverpool victories.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:52 pm

Amen to that needing a couple of victories thing and it's forgotten.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:04 am

tonyeh wrote:Also, I don't buy into this "Pro" and "Anti" rubbish. People should call it as they see it and opinion's agreed with or disagreed with.

These are pretty much my sentiments mate, this 'pro' and 'anti', 'us' and 'them' lark all makes the place feel a bit too political for me. I don't consider myself to be either. I was very happy with things up till Christmas and I've been very unhappy with things after Christmas (so far). I'm pis..s..ed at the moment but if we find ourselves in another Champions League Final come the end of May I'll be pretty bloody happy again. Maybe it is time for the manager to go, maybe it isn't. Three months is a long time in football.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:11 am

good on you Rafa lad.. keep rejecting them fcking contracts they keep offering you... long may that continue.... :p

Seriously though... a new manager in would benefit the club in many ways... i know it comes at a price but surely with no titles in 3 years it cant get much worse now can it... we'r good enough to be a top4 side and i think any top class manager would guarantee us that at the very least...

now my main concern for the new season is this: transfers.
if Rafa stays, he seriously needs to imrove in that department..his buys have pretty much been hit and miss... in my books the only top quality players that he signed that we well and truely needed were Torres, Reina and Alonso.. thats 40sumthing mill out of 200mill or so... not good enough..

we need a new mentality at the club which is why i think Rafa's time should be up come end of the season.. we'r obviously not going to win the league now and the best we could realistically hope for is a good run in the champs league (which i dont see coming tbh).. We need different players at certain positions who could offer different options especially going forward, and given Rafa's record in the transfer market i just can't see him making such signings...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:13 am

I dont really get annoyed :p i just get fed up to be honest, you all know ill back Rafa against anything its hard for me not to while he is the boss of the club i love. Its just i sometimes despair when you get people blaming him for everything even down to the notebook he uses , Ive heard people say Fergie or Wenger doesnt use one of them, an there doing ok, well different manager different methods.

As someone said before maybe it comes with age , maybe its because ive seen us win everything that im more tolerent, or maybe its because i think hes the best manager that weve had since Kenny, an i believe in him, god strick me down dead , i honestly in my heart believe he is well if he stays that is going to make Usgreat again.

Some question his transfers i have myself. Lets look at Lucas for instance. Many top European clubs were after him , madrid, AC, Milan an Barca. an when he signed for us as captain of the Brazilian u21 side. The media were sayin Rafa had made a coup. So surely all them other managers who tried to sign him wernt wrong an all.  maybe he would of been better off in a European team, because it looks like the premiership type of football doest suit him. But i hope you are understanding what im saying here, Same thing for Dossena at the time we signed him he was Italys first choice Right back. Maybe he will work it out next season i dunno the jurys out on him still.

Im goin of the subject abit now but in my eyes Rafa is doing the best he can with the squad we have got, He took us to his heart that why i took him to mine, An to be honest its only the nut jobs who really slate him that i have a go at.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion