Stay
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:31 pm

Stay ,and that opinion is cemented no room for any sway  :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:32 pm

Should do a running tot up Dundalk mate. I'd be very surprised if the "Rafa out" camp has more than 20% of sway on here, but we'll see.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:33 pm

Would a poll not have been better? Anyway I vote stay.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shakey » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:34 pm

Dundalk wrote:Well shakey whats it to be?

ok-Undecided (but thats mainly because there isnt anyone else available to take over ...yet)
shakey

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:35 pm

This thread should have THIS playing once entered.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:35 pm

Amongst the options, are there any "others" we can vote for ??? :D :laugh:
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:37 pm

bavlondon wrote:Would a poll not have been better? Anyway I vote stay.

No because names dont stick in a poll
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:39 pm

Dundalk wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Would a poll not have been better? Anyway I vote stay.

No because names dont stick in a poll

Oh ok. Some polls give you the option to show who voted but I guess this forum doesnt.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheRedsFan » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:40 pm

undecided
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that." Bill Shankly
TheRedsFan

Postby Bammo » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:43 pm

Stay
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:44 pm

tonyeh wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
tonyeh wrote:If Benitez had had his "choice" validated in the Summer, we would have spent 18 million and swapped Finnan for Gareth Barry. I have to ask, what the hell would Barry have really added to our current squad/season?

18 Million for Gareth Barry? Me arse.

As far as I'm concerned Parry (or whoever) was absolutely correct to deny Benitez that kind of money to waste.

The fact is no manager gets every penny for every signing he wants and Benitez is no exception. Another fact is that even if he did, he'd STILL come up up short because his approach to the game is wrong from beginning to end.

You don't even know what you're talking about. Gareth Barry can either be played centrally in the middle, left back, or even left midfield. Benitez is a manager who likes players that can play in at least two positions for tactical reasons. If the deal for Barry had have went through, then I doubt people would be moaning about players like Lucas or Dessena being sh*t because they wouldn't have gotten half the games they have this season due to Barry filling in those roles. I'd take Barry over Dossena and Lucas any day of the week. Dossena would probably not even be here if Barry was signed.

I know exactly what I'm talking about. Gareth Barry is not worth 18 million + defender any day of the week and it was the correct decision to say no to that.

He's Villa's captain. Has been for some time. He's also a pivotal player for them and was easily their player of the season for about three years running. It was Villa's valuation price to put us off going for him for cheaper. It didn't work. Benitez obviously seen something in him that you and I don't, after all, he is a manager of one of the biggest clubs in the world and would know these things. Was Carrick worth his 18 million valuation? Was Hargreaves worth his? Fact is, in this climate, if you want English born international players, you pay more for them.

Hmmmm...Benitez also "saw" something in Dossena and Degen too. That doesn't fill me with any confidence, like much of Mr Benitez' decisions these days.

The fact still remains that there is no way in the world that Barry is worth that money (plus Steve Finnan) and whoever said no to forwarding that money was bang on, imo.

It that kind of decision making that makes me shudder at the thought of Benitez havig full control over transfers.

Jesus Christ, have you not read any of my last posts about Dossena? Dossena has been nothing more than a cover player, and a sh*te one at that. And when has Degan played for us? One game? F*ck sake, he was a Bosman. He cost us nothing. Plus who would you rather have playing as left back or a holding player? Barry or either Lucas or Dossena? As for Finnan, he was a quality right back, but his career was ending. Better to cash in.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:44 pm

Stay
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:48 pm

Stay unless a quality manager would be able to come replace him right away.  I wouldn't mind him leaving and then a manager like mourinho coming in, but lets be realistic, so the only option would be stay.
SupitsJonF

Postby fivecups » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:49 pm

STAY

He's not perfect, not by a long way, his continual in-fighting and recent poor transfers especially but he remains a quality, astute, tactically aware manager. Give him the control he wants and hope that a few new signings come in, we become slightly more aggressive, clinical and starting winning the matches we're currently drawing.

The alternative doesn't bear thinking about. What world class manager would come to our club in it's current state?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion