All things Rafa (merged threads) - stick yer Rafa sh'it in here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mistyred » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:02 pm

Opinions everybody has one.

Yeh tis great and all. My my wifes a gunner can't be ars'ed with wenger, thinks the board are to thick to
get rid and has been to more Arsenal matches than had hot dinners.

For me Rafa is a political rebel, works in spain but is not what Lfc is about, at the moment he has the marmite effect
on people, some love him, some can't wait to drive him to the airport.

Me personally i just want the Mancs to stay on number 17 while we pickup number 19.
Last edited by mistyred on Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:13 pm

Rafa is the best tactician the proffesion has to to offer - he extracts 100% from his players and his game preparation is good as anyone can hope for but....

His scouting abilities are poor not to say pathetic ,he is stubborn and is unlikely to admit his mistakes unfortuntly at the expense of the team - i'm afraid he puts his personal feelings and honor before the team success and that shows me he is not totally commited to the fans and team success.

His failure to bring new players in the transfer window was his final declaration he doesn't want to fight for the title ,his persistance on certain players which constantly fail and refusal to replace them (only keane was replaced) shows he is fighting a battle with managment on the expense of all of us.

I think Rafa is an excellent manager he must have assistance at his side ,not sure he would accept it.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:16 pm

You know what I find absolutely astonishing is that people seem to have forgotten that two w@nkers are still in possession of us, while Benitez is now officially a hate figure and should be sent packing as far away from the club as possible. Whatever happened to the "Yanks Out" protest? As for people dreading the prospect of United equaling, and even surpassing, our title haul, get used it. Accept it. It's bound to happen. In fact, start getting used to the idea that the title will not be at Anfield any time at all while the club is a shambles from top-to-bottom. Count on it.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:25 pm

only me wrote:Rafa is the best tactician the proffesion has to to offer - he extracts 100% from his players and his game preparation is good as anyone can hope for but....

His scouting abilities are poor not to say pathetic ,he is stubborn and is unlikely to admit his mistakes unfortuntly at the expense of the team - i'm afraid he puts his personal feelings and honor before the team success and that shows me he is not totally commited to the fans and team success.

His failure to bring new players in the transfer window was his final declaration he doesn't want to fight for the title ,his persistance on certain players which constantly fail and refusal to replace them (only keane was replaced) shows he is fighting a battle with managment on the expense of all of us.

I think Rafa is an excellent manager he must have assistance at his side ,not sure he would accept it.

Best tactician? That's stretching it a little. He's often too methodical for his own good and at times it backfires. No one's perfect. As for you saying he isn't fighting for the title - on what evidence do you base that assumption on? Flogging Keane? The Keane saga was just one almighty f*ck up on the board's behalf, and especially Rick Parry's. In which case he should be sacked, and the only reason he isn't is because he's in bed with one half of the twit and tw@t relationship. I personally think it was a mistake to sell Keane so late in the season, but what's done is done, and to be honest no one knows what really went on there. I'm sure if Benitez had a target lined up, he'd have went for it.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:28 pm

mistyred wrote:Opinions everybody has one.

Of course they do. I just find it hard to be as definitive as some on here because it really isn't that clear cut to me at all. One of the most frustrating things about coming on here after a poor result is that the people that shout loudest are the ones are that are most entrenched in their views. It just becomes a really unpleasant shouting match, with the same arguments repeated over and over and over and over and over and over.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:35 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
only me wrote:Rafa is the best tactician the proffesion has to to offer - he extracts 100% from his players and his game preparation is good as anyone can hope for but....

Best tactician? That's stretching it a little. He's often too methodical for his own good and at times it backfires. No one's perfect. As for you saying he isn't fighting for the title - on what evidence do you base that assumption on? Flogging Keane? The Keane saga was just one almighty f*ck up on the board's behalf, and especially Rick Parry's. In which case he should be sacked, and the only reason he isn't is because he's in bed with one half of the twit and tw@t relationship. I personally think it was a mistake to sell Keane so late in the season, but what's done is done, and to be honest no one knows what really went on there. I'm sure if Benitez had a target lined up, he'd have went for it.

If Rafa was serious fighting for the title he would have for sure brought new players - he knows as well as we all know that the current squad is just not deep and talented enough to go all the way - by keeping the current team he perhaps lowered expectations and pressure but practicly gave up on a title race.

I admit i'm amazed we are still 2nd with our current talent but it seems we bounced against our glass ceiling.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:39 pm

We are about play Real Madrid in the Champions League in the Santiago Bernabeu

Chin up, things could be a lot worse
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:41 pm

stmichael wrote:
mistyred wrote:Opinions everybody has one.

Of course they do. I just find it hard to be as definitive as some on here because it really isn't that clear cut to me at all. One of the most frustrating things about coming on here after a poor result is that the people that shout loudest are the ones are that are most entrenched in their views. It just becomes a really unpleasant shouting match, with the same arguments repeated over and over and over and over and over and over.

I know Mike it always happens.

Somebody starts a thread and after the 3rd post all hell
breaks loose.

But how can the forum be controlled in a manner where there
is none of the petty arguments? i just dont think it can.

If it's not Rafa it's the players or G&H.

That's why i just put it down to peoples opinions i know it's not clear cut, TBH what's gone on has left me baffled to say
the least, but their is just no winning in this situation.

Somebody's gonna have to give and i really think Rafa
is fighting a battle he cannot win.

I'll come back to that last statement next season to see if i was correct  :D
Last edited by mistyred on Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:48 pm

only me wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

If Rafa was serious fighting for the title he would have for sure brought new players - he knows as well as we all know that the current squad is just not deep and talented enough to go all the way - by keeping the current team he perhaps lowered expectations and pressure but practicly gave up on a title race.

I admit i'm amazed we are still 2nd with our current talent but it seems we bounced against our glass ceiling.

People complain when Benitez goes and spends money, then bemoans the fact by asking why he bothered spending money in the first place, if he could and spend a lot of money on one really quality edition to the squad. Maybe he had intentions of doing this, but missed his chance become some pr*ck dumped a lump sum and paid over the odds for an average player who wasn't worth most of his transfere budget? You know who I'm talking about. Why spend 20 million on a 28 year old striker in the summer that wasn't worth half of that when he could have perhaps had a 20 million+ younger and far better target lined up but couldn't get that target because he was restricted? It's all shooting in the dark, mind. Allegory even. Benitez has only really had that kind of money to spend on one player once in his whole time here. Who did he buy? Yep, the best striker in European football, and possibly world football at the moment. Do you seriously think Robbie Keane was his top priority with that kind of money? Was he f*ck.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:52 pm

Dundalk wrote:We are about play Real Madrid in the Champions League in the Santiago Bernabeu

This place will be some craic if we lose that one.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:54 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Dundalk wrote:We are about play Real Madrid in the Champions League in the Santiago Bernabeu

This place will be some craic if we lose that one.

Yeah the fun will really start then
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:10 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:The shear arrogance of you people is astounding ,Liverpool are second and the closest team to the Mancs not because there an exceptional team ,but because we have an extremely astute manager and tactician , Who most teams with any aspirations would proffer their own granny in exchange.
I suggest instead of utilising your vast knowledge and obviously huge intellect in posting disparaging remarks you get firmly behind the team and the manager ,and maybe, just maybe enter the place we less learned posters call reality .
The need to be heard is becoming tedious, posters vanity  should have no place on this forum ,put simply I hazard a guess this forum in its present guise would not exist if the manager and the team were successful.
As for the posters that deem Martin O'neil as a possible replacement hang your heads people .
Benitez is currently running this famous club of ours under incredible duress ,the present owners have some heinous plans for Liverpool and should be the target of your vitriol and abuse ,the underlying fact that they are not the sole target is a sad indictment of the naive nature of the majority of posters.
I hasten to add this is not a pop at any particular poster this is now a wide spectrum of contributors  ,Liverpool fc has a new head and its the head of a serpent ,these people should be our nemesis not the manager.........

Good post mate.  :bowdown
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:16 pm

Scottbot wrote:I think that most are probably feeling too depressed to post at the moment. I know I am. I've never particularly liked this 'pro's' and 'anti's' talk but it's hardly surprising if those who fully support the manager are subdued this morning. I don't recall seeing too many posts from the likes of Peewee or the Rock (and others who aren't keen on the manager) when we were beating Chelsea to go top of the league.

Are you a 78 yrs old dinosaur suffering from Alzheimers   

I am always here in victory and defeat....
Last edited by The_Rock on Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:38 pm

The_Rock wrote:
Scottbot wrote:I think that most are probably feeling too depressed to post at the moment. I know I am. I've never particularly liked this 'pro's' and 'anti's' talk but it's hardly surprising if those who fully support the manager are subdued this morning. I don't recall seeing too many posts from the likes of Peewee or the Rock (and others who aren't keen on the manager) when we were beating Chelsea to go top of the league.

Are you a 78 yrs old dinosaur suffering from Alzheimers   

I am always here in victory and defeat....

65 million yr old one. thats the last time a dinosaur graced this planet :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:47 pm

If Rafa was to leave this summer, which may well happen it will be a pretty bad thing....

Reasons:

1. His ability to prolong our chanpions league season; 1 trophy, 1 final, 1 semi final, and 2 last 16 spots all in the last 5 years. This makes us attractive to players that may be out of our reach in the current money market if we where not to have that kind of Euro pedigree.

2. Would a new manager with new ideas be able to implement them with the very strict budget that we opperate in. We make one 20+ million signing a season and then various squad team players. We average at lets say 30/40 million a year in transfers in. Now Manu can spend that on one or two players due to there squad being built over a much longer period of time than ours. Our spine is there but the outer reaches are a bit slim, Rafa would not choose :censored: over quality, but if the money is not there and he needs two players for two positions I can understand his dilema in having to settle for second best. This is the boards fault and not his.

3. The board and our current position financially. Why would a world class manager come to us with this going on. It makes things difficult, for Rafa so imagine the situation a new manager would find himself in. Pressure from the board to perform (although not backing him properly aka Rafa), the fans we would want immediate results and the media being up his :censored: constantly looking for anything to report in.

4. Is the grass greener this time round?

However I do not believe we would lose to many players.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion