All new official Klopp thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Doeboy » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:23 pm

For me, there's probably a number of contributory factors for Klopp's decision. Him needing a break is completely plausible and the no 1 driver in his decision. He is a 100% or nothing type of guy who puts everything into whatever he does and after 9 years, it's understandable he feels he needs a break both mentally and physically. He is human and this must have been one of the toughest decision he has to ever make.

However alongside that, can't help feel there's a hint of frustration on his side. Can't shake off the feeling that he feels we should have done more in past transfer windows. He wanted Tchouameni in the summer of 2022 as a long term replacement for Fabinho so clear he felt we needed a DM. Here we are a year and a half after that with a stop gap in Endo. As a top class manager who put's 100% into what he does, that has to be a source of frustration on his part that we are taking that long to fix an issue in the team.

With key players like Salah, VVD and Robertson in their 30s/approaching 30s, maybe he sees what's coming and has a little doubt as to whether we have the ability to adequately replace them and at where he is now just doesn't have the energy for it whereas if we in that situation say 3-4 years ago, he'd be up for the challenge.
Doeboy

Postby Boocity » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:16 pm

kazza » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:23 pm wrote:It all depends on what style of play the new manager will have. If he follows the same ethos then it could be a smooth transition because we have good players but if he plays in another way then lots of chopping and changing of the players. I really haven’t followed German football so haven’t watched Xabi’s style. I just don’t think we should be sentimental, Xabi could be the right choice but it just seems a trendy decision rather than a football one as he has only just come on to the scene. I would have hoped for a manager with more experience and pedigree.

Klopp is the second highest paid coach in the PL so the budget is there for a top manager, I hope the owners pull another rabbit out of the hat as they did with Klopp.

Whoever it is it must be signed and sealed and thats why all of the backroom staff are going as the new manager will want to bring in their own, safe bets on Alonso.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:52 pm

Whoever we get it's gonna be a huge downgrade. Why isn't Pep leaving City instead?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:38 pm

Gutted that he's going and tbh I think the timing is shyte to say it now. It could derail our season but hopefully it's the opposite and the lads want to send him off with silver.

Bit odd that Lindjers is going as well. I thought he was an FSG signing and being groomed for the role once klopp went. Wouldn't be my choice anyway so happy he's also going.

What does FSG want here ? Keep the success and challenges going or gamble with a young whippersnapper. I like Alonso but fear he's not experienced enough and we will waste a few years. My choice would be Unai Emery as he's well experienced and has Villa punching well above their weight. I can see us suffering little disruption with that appointment

Bottom line here is we can't afford to be missing out on CL revenues. That's the bottom line and imo easier to achieve with Unai that either Stevie or Alonso.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:47 pm

damjan193 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:52 pm wrote:Whoever we get it's gonna be a huge downgrade. Why isn't Pep leaving City instead?

Sickening isn’t it? One of the best days in the recent histories of our rivals for sure. This news has put a spring in all their steps.
I still think something has gone on behind the scenes which has contributed to this decision. The sudden departures of first Julian Ward then Michael Edwards amid rumours of trouble at mill now this with Jurgen and his lieutenants following them out the door strongly suggests something has gone on to me. I didn’t particularly like the body language of that Billy Horgan at the press conference either,  he seemed way too relaxed and ambivalent considering today was one of the worst days in this clubs not just recent history but history full stop, certainly on the footballing side anyway. Contrast his flippant nonchalant air to the grid on the likes of Sir John Smith when Shanks called it a day back in 74. The wealthy Sir John looked like he’d just heard the Communist Party of Great Britain had just won the General Election, Hogan looked like he didn’t have a care in the world.
To paraphrase another Billy, this time Shakespeare, if you ask me mate something is rotten in the state of Denmark. The whole thing effin stinks.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:04 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:45 am

In the words of Mandy Rice Davis - he would say that, wouldn’t he
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:02 am

Klopp talking like a business man there lol.

Whatever the factors, one definitely has to be the pressure of competing with City on and off field.

I'd have preferred if this all came out end of season. Whenever we play this is all media will talk about now.

Anyhow it will still give Klopp fire to end with a bang and the lads.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:12 am

To be fair what he says about the two new stands and training center are true, especially that these things are long term improvements for the next generations. We could never compete with a City state in terms of money but we can on ethics, chemistry and professionalism and frankly business intelligence.

Many want to attack our owners but we need them now more than ever as the next big decision they make will have long term implications. They got us Klopp, let’s hope they can do it again.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:33 pm

Bottom line is that no one is bigger than the club including players, managers and owners. The likelihood is high that Klopp will line up against us as he did with Dortmund and as Rafa Benitez did to us. Football is a business and employment for all in the club, it’s the fans that don’t get paid except in memories. Football is money to everyone except the fans, we drive this industry. Managers, players and owners come and go.

We need to give him all our support while he manages us but when he moves on then we move on and get behind and sing the next manager’s name.

YNWA
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:05 pm

Let’s hope whoever the new man is that he can compete with clubs who spend far more, not easy to find such men these days, unfortunately for us Jurgen Klopps don’t grow on trees
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:17 pm

Whoever it is you’d hope they share the same playing philosophy so that the players we have don’t become “out of favor”. We have a great bunch of young players that have been picked to play a certain way, we need to continue on. We don’t need a situation like ManUre face every new manager.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:46 am

So Klopp and most of his technical team will leave together...now Xavi have announced that he will be leaving Barca by end of the season

Timing might be slightly off but do you think there's any coincidence?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:05 pm

I'd be surprised and disappointed if Klopp went to Barca in the summer.

He says he's tired and I fully expect him to take a year out of the game.

I'm also hoping he'll change his mind if we win the league. It's a fool's hope, but stranger things have happened in football.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:57 pm

If he goes anywhere but German national team or Bayern Munich at worst I'd feel kinda betrayed tbh. Barca are not English but still big rivals to us. Personally I hate them with a passion, almost as much as Man Utd and City. If Klopp doesn't even take a break then it would be a huge punch.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion