ALBERT RIERA - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:33 am

See yer ,you disloyal tw.at

and agreed with RGB , more threads are gonna get f.ucked right up if certain posters keep stirring the :censored:
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:38 am

take note the fee is 4 millions euros not pounds. Only if they win the league we get 6 million euros. Not a good deal... :no
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:42 am

I rated the lad quite highly to be honest but there you have it. Don't really know what went on with him last season but the rumours didn't sound too good, and if it's good for team morale to get shot then get shot. Left mid is just about the only position in the squad that is looking over-crowded with Cole, Babel, Jovanovic and Riera all capable of playing there so there's plenty of cover.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:47 am

Deal is worth 4m upfront and 2m if they win the league
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:59 am

I just posted on another thread praising people up who were slagging me off :D I must keep up better.

Look, I've got no time for Purslow or any of the other c...s. I know little or nothing about the situation, but if people on here tell me they are c...s and they have unusual middle names (I fecking hate that, seriously I do) then I'm all good, count me in. Purslow is a c..., I was even saying it while he was selling Alonso.

ALL I'M DOING, is having a wee poke at the people who told me that rafa didn't sign Keane (because he was sh!t presumeably), but he did try and sign Vidic (because he was quite good). I was just saying that although I disagree personally with ther sale of Riera, I'll just blame it on Purslow. Chill guys, fecks sake lets leave a bit of room to laugh at ourselves occasionally why don't we. I'm telling you in advance as a "pro" Roy Hodgson person, as far as the forum is concerned anything which goes pear shaped I'm going to blame on the owners and Purslow.

Fecking hell lets at least try and take things in the spirit they're intended    :( .
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:56 am

Id better get my quote in advance and all, wether Roy is a success or failure even if it does or dosnt go pear shaped I, will still be blaming the owners and Christie, same as i have for the past couple of years so no change there for me buissness as usual. :;):
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:59 am

i worry that all liverpool fans see jovanovic in our first team ahead of riera

riera when played consistently makes us a better team, no doubt

jovanovic is 29 and has been playing in belguim......ok he had one good game in the world cup but who cares.

id prefer riera in the first team to milan
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:18 pm

Olympiakos manager Ewald Lienen is expecting to sign Liverpool winger Albert Riera by the end of the week.

The 28-year-old Spaniard joined the Reds for around £10million two years ago from Espanyol, but his Anfield career never got going.

He was frozen out last season after openly criticising then manager Rafa Benitez, and new boss Roy Hodgson is expected to let him leave the club.

Manager Lienen says the Spaniard will sign unless there is a major turnaround. He said: "Unless there is a major surprise then he will be our player.

"He is a great player who has proven his worth both at club level and for the Spanish national side."
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:09 pm

I thought we signed him for £6m ???
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby aCe' » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:16 pm

He is worth much more than the 3 or so million we're getting for him... Probably triple that with him ending up somewhere decent if he had played regularly last season...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:22 pm

We didn't pay no 10m for him, I'm pretty sure of that.  Definitely worth more than 3 though.
Zidane

Postby sixbuster » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:53 pm

Good player but got frozen out last season, I know he is worth more than 3 million but I feel he could be a disruptive influence, so all in all probably best if he leaves. i wish him good luck
Forever a red
sixbuster

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:57 pm

He didnt deserve to wear the shirt again after slating the club and hitting a youth player .
Benny The Noon

Postby Reg » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:58 pm

10 million... brings tears to your eyes doesnt it.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:00 pm

it was around 8 million for reira and sold him for 4.5 million
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion