Albert Riera - I know it's early but...Part III

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:32 am

Scottbot wrote:How many fouls did the lad draw today? Particularly when they were pressing in the last 15 minutes, Reminded me of Hamman. If there is nothing on he simply shields the ball, moves it at the last second and draws the foul. Class Act  :bowdown

Absolutely spot on. Intelligent and very important play at that stage of the match. It was a combination of small contributions such as this which led to such a comprehensive performance overall.
LFC2007

Postby A.B. 08 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:32 am

Number 9 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
Number 9 wrote:Stevie had a word and hopefully now Riera knows that any form of cheating is not acceptable at LFC!

Or Stevie gave him a few pointers on how to sell it more convincingly...he's hardly been innocent of making the most of some slight contact in the box himself on occasion has he?  :D

Once or twice but there are few players who have'nt been guilty on occassion!I doubt there are any fans out there from any club who would label Stevie a diver.It would be a shame if he had a reputation for it,he does'nt though and the reason why is obvious!
Its not a problem at LFC,we dont have a player like Drogba(who in fairness has cut it out a bit) or Ronaldo who are renound for cheating all the time at any chance they see!

I hate it full stop and dont like to see it from our own or our opponents.It goes unpunsihed way to often in the game as well!

I have come across many fans outside of the club who see Gerrard as a diver. He once talked about how diving should be cut out of the game, and criticized Ronaldo for doing it. And then went out and did it himself.

He has done it in the past, no doubts about that. Does he do it as much as Ronaldo and the lot, no but that doesn't make him a saint in that respect.
Last edited by A.B. 08 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
A.B. 08

Postby GYBS » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:42 am

Hope he keeps up the way he is going as trying not to get too carried away with him as seen a few players start well but tail off in thend - hopefully he isnt one of them .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:36 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Scottbot wrote:How many fouls did the lad draw today? Particularly when they were pressing in the last 15 minutes, Reminded me of Hamman. If there is nothing on he simply shields the ball, moves it at the last second and draws the foul. Class Act  :bowdown

Yes, his ball retention and close control are fantastic and his decision making seems to be sound.  I was spitting nails at him for going for glory in the first half when he had two teammates better positioned in the box but who could blame him after working the space like he did?  I just hope he stays fit...he's become one of our most important players.

spot on  :nod
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnymarcu » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:25 pm

Liverpool doesn't know yet the real talent of this player!!! I was very suprised when Luis Aragones didn't convocate him for the Eurocup... instead Sergio Garcia.

Some people say that he creates a bad atmosphere between the players...
ImageImage
johnymarcu

Postby flamingpoe » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:49 pm

a hahahahaha im right for once!!!
everyone to start with was like "o" he doesn't appear all that good and i was like he will suit the english style of game but nooooo even the most hardened liverpool fans were like yet another useless signing and i was defending him saying things like he is another one of those unknown rafa buys that will come good in the idea every 1 was like no to hell we wasted yet another lot of money on these three players, i was like degen and dossena that may b true but riera completely decent player that knows how to get his head up and dink in a decent cross/ long ball, also he seems extremely capable of pass and move, pass and move etc he doesn't go down without it being A) a unfair challenge or B) a bloody good tackle.
the only weak spot that i thought was that he doesn't run past players when needed his skills aren't up to scratch, but from what i have seen this season my only weak spot on him is entirely wrong and i for once am glad to admit it :)
also going onto wat a.b.08 was saying ronaldo is a diver and gerrard isn't even close to him how you can say that i will never know how often do you see as i call him gerrie can, go down without it being the same as i said about riera earlier
thanks for everyones time and cya!
flamingpoe

Postby GYBS » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:55 pm

He has only played 6 games for us in the prem so far , long way to go yet - good start but gotta keep it up
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:24 pm

flamingpoe wrote:a hahahahaha im right for once!!!
everyone to start with was like "o" he doesn't appear all that good and i was like he will suit the english style of game but nooooo even the most hardened liverpool fans were like yet another useless signing and i was defending him saying things like he is another one of those unknown rafa buys that will come good in the idea every 1 was like no to hell we wasted yet another lot of money on these three players, i was like degen and dossena that may b true but riera completely decent player that knows how to get his head up and dink in a decent cross/ long ball, also he seems extremely capable of pass and move, pass and move etc he doesn't go down without it being A) a unfair challenge or B) a bloody good tackle.
the only weak spot that i thought was that he doesn't run past players when needed his skills aren't up to scratch, but from what i have seen this season my only weak spot on him is entirely wrong and i for once am glad to admit it :)
also going onto wat a.b.08 was saying ronaldo is a diver and gerrard isn't even close to him how you can say that i will never know how often do you see as i call him gerrie can, go down without it being the same as i said about riera earlier
thanks for everyones time and cya!

you type like a snotty nosed 16 year old talks...

I was like err yeah whatever!

When i read your post all I could picture was that ginger girl off American Pie 1, the one who goes on and on and on

"and it was like this one time at band camp..."
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:32 pm

:laugh: :laugh: .

He has started well but like gybs has said we shpuld not get carried away , voronin started brightly for us and he faded away . He has got to work on his fitness , as he usually fades away in last 15 minutes of the game or so . His ball control is fantastic and he has a fair bit of skills so far , very worth the money we forked out for him .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flamingpoe » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:46 pm

yep glad that i am 16, atleast i got alot more of my life left over to learn by your mistakes and obv not try and wind them up like a sad old git sounding like a 35 year old that has tell to tell their son to shut up in the back of the car, enjoy wats left of your life, cause as you said i got plenty left of mine :D

ps make sure you read that again because u may find that this 16 year old went 2 a private school and isn't illiterate and can type a sentence unlike some 1's son sorry if i hit any ones nerves there and im not trying to be horrible to any one else in the process only to lee j who obv wants to be sad and put a downer on me even though this snotty nosed little 16 year old blatently cant be made to look like a ........ u can put your own words to that thanks and again i apologise to anyone that has been offended by this post and also wasting space on this perfectly decent forum its just if people want to voice their opinion they obv shud spend their time not trying to annoy other people, we are all people and we all deserve our right to write wat we want, its sad that there are people out there that dont want to listen to other peoples opinions, and then being even sadder and just obv taking a sly dig at them because obv they got nothing better to do with their time, well, well done lee j you were succesful in annoying some1 else in this life time and also that is very grown up of you, mayb this long winded assault might see you through american pie 2 or mayb even 3........o whoops you already watched them how stupid of me, try typing your review of them next time i would be interested in wat you have to say..................
flamingpoe

Postby andy_g » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:01 pm

flamingpoe - here's a few full stops for you. consider them a gift.

:)

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:09 pm

flamingpoe wrote:yep glad that i am 16, atleast i got alot more of my life left over to learn by your mistakes and obv not try and wind them up like a sad old git sounding like a 35 year old that has tell to tell their son to shut up in the back of the car, enjoy wats left of your life, cause as you said i got plenty left of mine :D

ps make sure you read that again because u may find that this 16 year old went 2 a private school and isn't illiterate and can type a sentence unlike some 1's son sorry if i hit any ones nerves there and im not trying to be horrible to any one else in the process only to lee j who obv wants to be sad and put a downer on me even though this snotty nosed little 16 year old blatently cant be made to look like a ........ u can put your own words to that thanks and again i apologise to anyone that has been offended by this post and also wasting space on this perfectly decent forum its just if people want to voice their opinion they obv shud spend their time not trying to annoy other people, we are all people and we all deserve our right to write wat we want, its sad that there are people out there that dont want to listen to other peoples opinions, and then being even sadder and just obv taking a sly dig at them because obv they got nothing better to do with their time, well, well done lee j you were succesful in annoying some1 else in this life time and also that is very grown up of you, mayb this long winded assault might see you through american pie 2 or mayb even 3........o whoops you already watched them how stupid of me, try typing your review of them next time i would be interested in wat you have to say..................

:D He was only taking the pi$$ I think!

No need to mention your "private school" lad.It does'nt matter on here what school ya went to and sure as fu,ck wont impress anyone!
It does'nt matter if ya went to any normal school or if ya dressed up as a :censored: with shorts and a little cap and rowed at lunchtime with curly haired :censored: with double barreled surnames.
You're just another pri'ck behind a keyboard like the rest of us! :)
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:15 pm

Number 9 wrote:
flamingpoe wrote:yep glad that i am 16, atleast i got alot more of my life left over to learn by your mistakes and obv not try and wind them up like a sad old git sounding like a 35 year old that has tell to tell their son to shut up in the back of the car, enjoy wats left of your life, cause as you said i got plenty left of mine :D

:D He was only taking the pi$$ I think!

No need to mention your "private school" lad.It does'nt matter on here what school ya went to and sure as fu,ck wont impress anyone!
It does'nt matter if ya went to any normal school or if ya dressed up as a :censored: with shorts and a little cap and rowed at lunchtime with curly haired :censored: with double barreled surnames.
You're just another pri'ck behind a keyboard like the rest of us! :)

:laugh:  :laugh: :censored: behind a keyboard :laugh: dont start

Bet yeh he went to Risley thats a good private boarding school
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flamingpoe » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:41 pm

lol thanks nanny red, number 9 and andy and i was one of those curly haired ginger ones who burn't his cap in science lmao ( magnesium ) im from bristol so its QEH and i was 16 like 8 years ago!, makes me old making me think of destroying my cap succesfully 11 times before they realised i wasn't going to wear one :P
flamingpoe

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion