Albert riera - deal agreed with espanyol

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:57 pm

Certainly Riera is not in the league of NAMES like Shevshenko or Crespo. Those players didn't cost less than 9M quid. But I do think Riera could make our attacking game better, help other players to be better, that is. If the player reaches that point regularly, I'll be happy.

Doing what you're used to do, a point S@int rises, is a good idea for starters. But perhaps not enough. My point is that for instance I consider Silva a top player, regardless any opinion anyone might have here. But, even if you are good enough, and even if you're told to play the same role you've been used to, the premiership have it's differences. Bigmick rised the point in summer, he doubted about how Silva would react towards the physicality of some tackles (he actually said it with better words but I think he'll remember the point) due to his stature. I think it's a fair point. So some things about how well will do a certain player in England, always are a question mark.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:06 pm

Silva is slight in stature, and no doubt could have a problem physically in the prem. Shevchenko, Veron and Morientes where all big strapping players, who I have no doubt had already had more than their fair share of kicks and knocks whilst playing abroad (not all foreign players are pussies)
account deleted by request

Postby RedBlood » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:56 pm

It all seems kinda pointless now Man City r gonna buy all the best talent in the world

whats the point even trying when another club is gonna buy its history
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:26 am

RedBlood wrote:It all seems kinda pointless now Man City r gonna buy all the best talent in the world

At the end of the day you can only use 11 players, so no matter who they get, they won't be winning titles every season.  Just look at what it did to Madrid, they got greedy and they bought all these superstars, but they failed to deliver.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:15 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:
RedBlood wrote:It all seems kinda pointless now Man City r gonna buy all the best talent in the world

At the end of the day you can only use 11 players, so no matter who they get, they won't be winning titles every season.  Just look at what it did to Madrid, they got greedy and they bought all these superstars, but they failed to deliver.

:nod
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:08 am

Toffeehater wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:

agreed... and benitez won with valencia under the galactico threat...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:33 am

Thats balls fella!
Man City owner SAYS he is gonna buy all the best players!Torres,Fabregas,Ronaldo,Messi..etc,etc!
But they have to want to go there first.
He should have said nothing IMO,every team that plays them now is gonna try a little harder because of his arrogant boasts.
Everyones worrying about Robinho!Theres a chance he could be a flop,someone that cries like a baby to get a transfer does'nt sound tough enough to cut it in the Prem for a start!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:58 am

maguskwt wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:

agreed... and benitez won with valencia under the galactico threat...

Yes its true he did do that but he has shown so far that he cant do that over here. I dont know how much he spent over there but I think its pretty evident that unless we up the quality of players we bring in we wont even get close to the league.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:27 pm

here's hoping alberti has a very good debut :;):
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:47 am

The thing about Man City is that if they offer 120m for Ronaldo or whatever they said they would, it is in the best interest of the board to take the deal.  Alex Furgerson would do it, he would be crazy not to, and if he refused the board would force him to reconsider. Think of who you could bring in with it...  No player provides 120m worth of value to a team.

The worrying thing is the affect that it would have on the market for the best players in the world.  Smaller clubs would just be priced out of everything.
Last edited by Espionage on Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:53 am

Number 9 wrote:Everyones worrying about Robinho!Theres a chance he could be a flop,someone that cries like a baby to get a transfer does'nt sound tough enough to cut it in the Prem for a start!

What like Berbatov. :D
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:33 am

I have no doubt that Robinho wont be worth the money spent on him . will spend the winter cryin its cold and every time he gets touched or tackle will spend most of the time crying and rolling about on the floor - think its a poor signing for city .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:27 am

Useless,we dont want him,w@nker,cant handle the EPL,too soft,not good enough,no improvement on what we have,FFS Rafa what are you at?<---LFC fans,Newkit faithful!

He wont get Man of match but what he will do is play good balls and not give ball away,you will be surprised,he's a good player!<---Some Spanish poster!! :)

Play well,first day,not be intimidated,stay put when i need to,cut in when i should,show an understanding with the fullback,play some lovely football and at times cut the "European Champions"Into bits!
Overall execution of the game about 7 outta 10,not bad for my first day!
i look forward to your support!<---Albert Riera! :;):
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:33 am

Number 9 wrote:Useless,we dont want him,w@nker,cant handle the EPL,too soft,not good enough,no improvement on what we have,FFS Rafa what are you at?<---LFC fans,Newkit faithful!

He wont get Man of match but what he will do is play good balls and not give ball away,you will be surprised,he's a good player!<---Some Spanish poster!! :)

Play well,first day,not be intimidated,stay put when i need to,cut in when i should,show an understanding with the fullback,play some lovely football and at times cut the "European Champions"Into bits!

Football Manager has a lot to answer for ! Whatever happened to the "benefit of the doubt" rule?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:39 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Number 9 wrote:Useless,we dont want him,w@nker,cant handle the EPL,too soft,not good enough,no improvement on what we have,FFS Rafa what are you at?<---LFC fans,Newkit faithful!

Football Manager has a lot to answer for ! Whatever happened to the "benefit of the doubt" rule?

The same thing that happened to common sense!Im out on him overall but he had a great debut,give the lad a chance please fellow reds!
He deserves it after today!! :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion