Albert riera - deal agreed with espanyol

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:51 am

I am the eternal optimist regarding new players.

Call me happy clappy or say i wear rose tinted glasses but whenever a new players comes in i get excited.

I cant remember much about Riera at city and havent seen anything recent of him, but if he is an attacking wide player and getting in the Spain squads then he must be decent.

Good luck to him if we get him, surely he cant be worse than what we have at the moment.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:52 am

cant we get better than reira? He wouldnt get into any of our rivals sides and to me its a signing based on the fact we couldnt get anyone else so once again 2nd best will have to do.
puroresu

Postby Number 9 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:53 am

mistyred wrote:Mick doesn't watch foreign football :D  but then again i know it's early but :laugh: .

Welcome Reira i hope you bring that much needed flair to the side good luck mate.

He has'nt signed yet mate!! :D
I'm gonna have to give the player the benefit of the doubt though and keep my @rse on the fence!
Because in all honesty i dont remember much about his short period at City and I dont watch Spanish football.
I have seen clips on youtube but any one can look good on there!

It does have a feel of because he's not exactly a household name people on here are quick to say he wont be a success.Its safe to say though he's never a world class player or will be or we would know more about him by now.
But if he's an improvement on any of our wide players at present it can only be a good thing for the team.
I just hope Rafa knows what he is at and is not just panic buying because the Yanks wont put up for Barry.
If he is not any better than what we have there is absolutely no point buying for the sake of getting in an extra body.
We already have too many "decent" players and i dont see the point of getting in anymore unless they are a big step up in class than what we already have!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thewaykokid » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:01 pm

lol has anyone seen anybody come from the spanish league and make it big out here.....................uh................i think it was............um.........let me think.................he's probably our best player now....................Fernando sumthing..........:p :D
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby metalhead » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:05 pm

Thewaykokid wrote:lol has anyone seen anybody come from the spanish league and make it big out here.....................uh................i think it was............um.........let me think.................he's probably our best player now....................Fernando sumthing..........:p :D

Fernando Voronin?  ???

:D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:26 pm

Liverpool FC agree Albert Riera deal
Aug 26 2008 EXCLUSIVE by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL have agreed a fee with Espanyol to sign Spanish winger Albert Riera.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpo....1604448
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:31 pm

Ciggy wrote:Liverpool FC agree Albert Riera deal
Aug 26 2008 EXCLUSIVE by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL have agreed a fee with Espanyol to sign Spanish winger Albert Riera.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpo....1604448

in all fairness to him, his two options were liverpool or everton. hard choice there then. :D

good luck to the lad. hope he turns out to be a good player for us.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:32 pm

Well it looks like this is what we have been reduced to seeing as the Barry deal fell thorugh

Didn't even want Gareth Barry never mind Albert Riera

Ah well if we do sign him I'll back him, never know he could be a hit, I doubt it, but maybe  :D
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby shakey » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:39 pm

Ciggy wrote:
shakey wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
shakey wrote:Stop it pleeease :laugh: woke up in a good mood this morning & now you've gone & ruined it  :D  :p

Have you got an Old House & a Green door?

Wow your the 1st to ever ask me that..... :sleep

:sleep

Miserable @rse.

:rasp
shakey

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:44 pm

And a mighty 'meh' erupts from the crowd upon hearing news of Riera's imminent arrival! :D  Oh what a transfer window this has been...roll on September1! :buttrock
Last edited by Bad Bob on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:49 pm

I though Rafa said his full backs where going to provide the required width we needed.  Does this signing mean he has seen what the rest of us have..  Are full backs are cr@p
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:54 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Does this signing mean he has seen what the rest of us have..  Are full backs are cr@p

though dossena was good in the first half on saturday but in the second half he just disappeared which is probably why he got subbed.

having said that, watching the mancs last night, when you compare the guy to somebody like evra, he's a million miles away. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:56 pm

Eh.......he was really average for man city. Not sure what beneitz sees in him..... :Oo:

Tried to get more info about him from youtube....and even by youtube standards...he looks pretty ordinary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmVAMIIiSqM&feature=related

Ah well...at least he will be an improvement over benayoun...

Looks like a done deal......unless it is a mega smoke screen for gareth barry...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:57 pm

Baffled on rafas choice of player sometimes

Is this really the best we can do?

God help us
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:09 pm

^ To be fair there's really not many choices out there for the left side, although I think Capel would have been a better choice.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion