Albert riera - deal agreed with espanyol

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby andy_g » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:50 am

lets look at the positives...

- he is a natural winger / wide player
- he will give us the width and guile down the left that we badly need
- he's obviously not rubbish as he's been skirting around the national side
- he has some prem experience which, by all accounts, saw him improving with every game
- he'll have no problem adapting to the language and culture (unlike half southerner, half brummie gareth barry...)
- he's not massively expensive
- signing him will p!ss off the bitter
- benitez will finally stop putting babel or benayoun on the left when they can be much more effective elsewhere
- the sun is shining through my living room window and i'm off to the beach

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shakey » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:36 am

s@int wrote:
matrix wrote:if rafa wants riera he must be a quality left winger,  couldn't  care less what he did at city   he will be playing with far better players this time around   he's  worth the risk...

Yeah, Rafa has done great when it comes to bringing in wingers Zenden, Gonzales, Leto, Nunez, Pennant , Benayoun, Babel. All been great successes, can't think why I have any doubts   :D

Stop it pleeease :laugh: woke up in a good mood this morning & now you've gone & ruined it  :D  :p
shakey

Postby RedBen » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:40 am

s@int wrote:
matrix wrote:if rafa wants riera he must be a quality left winger,  couldn't  care less what he did at city   he will be playing with far better players this time around   he's  worth the risk...

Yeah, Rafa has done great when it comes to bringing in wingers Zenden, Gonzales, Leto, Nunez, Pennant , Benayoun, Babel. All been great successes, can't think why I have any doubts   :D

:help

:D
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:40 am

shakey wrote:Stop it pleeease :laugh: woke up in a good mood this morning & now you've gone & ruined it  :D  :p

Have you got an Old House & a Green door?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBen » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:41 am

andy_g wrote:lets look at the positives...

- he is a natural winger / wide player
- he will give us the width and guile down the left that we badly need
- he's obviously not rubbish as he's been skirting around the national side
- he has some prem experience which, by all accounts, saw him improving with every game
- he'll have no problem adapting to the language and culture (unlike half southerner, half brummie gareth barry...)
- he's not massively expensive
- signing him will p!ss off the bitter
- benitez will finally stop putting babel or benayoun on the left when they can be much more effective elsewhere
- the sun is shining through my living room window and i'm off to the beach

An optimist?

On a Liverpool forum?

Get out!  :D
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby Thewaykokid » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:44 am

I'm relitively pleased with Riera, after watching some youtube footage, it seems he has an attacking flare that we have lacked for a while down the wing. However, in most of the footage, although his footwork was quite extraordinary, i didn't see much of a cross on him, hope he does better than alonso did with his corners against Boro :p
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby RedBen » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:48 am

maguskwt wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmVAMIIiSqM

this is a better video of him than the other one that's been posted... He is a tricky and skillful player... but I wonder if he can pull off those tricks in the premiership... even ronaldo who is alot quicker with the feet than him had to cut down on the tricks in order to be more effective...

Wonderful music in the video that matches the football theme perfectly  :D
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby Thewaykokid » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:50 am

RedBen wrote:
maguskwt wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmVAMIIiSqM

this is a better video of him than the other one that's been posted... He is a tricky and skillful player... but I wonder if he can pull off those tricks in the premiership... even ronaldo who is alot quicker with the feet than him had to cut down on the tricks in order to be more effective...

Wonderful music in the video that matches the football theme perfectly  :D

:nod
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby shakey » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:50 am

Ciggy wrote:
shakey wrote:Stop it pleeease :laugh: woke up in a good mood this morning & now you've gone & ruined it  :D  :p

Wow your the 1st to ever ask me that..... :sleep

:sleep
shakey

Postby Thewaykokid » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:52 am

shakey wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

???
Thewaykokid

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:02 am

shakey wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

Miserable @rse.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:46 am

RIERA SET TO SIGN

Riera Ready To Become A Red
According to reports emanating from Spain, Espanyol winger Albert Riera is set to complete his move to Liverpool today.

El Mundo Deportivo has reported that Catalan outfit Espanyol have reached an agreement with Premiership giants Liverpool for the sale of winger Albert Riera.

The deal is believed to be worth €9 million upfront, plus €3 million based on the player’s performance, totalling the €12 million that Espanyol were holding out for.

Both clubs are now working on the finer details of the transfer and once it is completed, the 26 year old will fly out to Merseyside to pen a four year contract with the option of a fifth.

Espanyol president Daniel Sánchez Llibre revealed that the Blanc-i-Blau will have to dish out 30% of the transfer fee from the sale to Girondins Bordeaux as part of the agreement when the winger joined the Catalan side from the French outfit.

Llibre has also assured that the club have already begun looking for Riera’s replacement and a possible option is River Plate’s Olympic gold medallist, Diego Bounanotte. The 20 year old would only cost Los Periquitos around the region of €4 million and El Mundo believes that both parties have already made contact to begin negotiations.

-------------

Im not too convinced about this signing, would have loved Garreth Barry, but I hope he does well.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:48 am

Well I think he's garbage and will be a disasterous signing. I saw him a few times for Man City and thought he was a classic example of a foreign player who is totally unsuited to English football. If we sign him I think it will be a huge mistake.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thewaykokid » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:19 am

bigmick wrote:Well I think he's garbage and will be a disasterous signing. I saw him a few times for Man City and thought he was a classic example of a foreign player who is totally unsuited to English football. If we sign him I think it will be a huge mistake.

surely a bit harsh there don't you think? ???  I think the lad deserves a chance, he's got the skill and the flare, i think the problem for him will be stepping up to the physical conditions of the EPL and also perhaps experience may be an issue.......but other than that i completely support the signing, i think in the long term he will prove to be a better investment than Barry  :buttrock
Thewaykokid

Postby mistyred » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:44 am

Mick doesn't watch foreign football :D  but then again i know it's early but :laugh: .

Welcome Reira i hope you bring that much needed flair to the side good luck mate.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion