Albert riera - deal agreed with espanyol

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby heimdall » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:00 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
heimdall wrote:
lakes10 wrote:even Morten Gamst Pedersen would be better

Are you kidding, he would be an awesome signing, I would love to get "Gamsten", in my opinion he's one of the best left wingers in the prem.

He just happens to be Norwegian  :D

I'm still depressed about Heggem, he would have become a legend if it wasn't for all the injuries, so sad.  :sniffle
heimdall

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:01 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Hıya from roastıng Cyprus gaggın for some football news

Pfffft nannys got a turkish keyboard :D
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:01 pm

Alright Nan, we're about to sign Riera (apparently), Rafa wanted Barry but the owners said 'get to f*ck'. We've been sh!te in our first three games, but we're top of the league and well placed to qualify for the Champions League group stages.

That's about it  :cool:
LFC2007

Postby Simari » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:02 pm

Nanny - please translate that for us  :laugh:
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:16 pm

Is it just me that is a bit worried about some of the new players that we have or are getting and some of the players we have got rid of.

I know some on here did not like Crouch but for me he was a great player. John Arne Riise for me only had one bad year and we got rid of him.

it was just as bad when Djibril Cisse was sold, i still feel he is a top player and and i think we might be in for a shock when he plays against us.

why we have sold then i still not sure but why the hell have we still got Andriy Voronin?

Xabi Alonso should not be sold for any player, he will so hard to replace and there are not many players out there like him.

it just makes me feal uneasy with some of the things Rafa has been doing with our team.i still dont see and team formation he is trying to bulid, there are no players that that are new to the team that complement the ones we already have.

Rafa has not got the time on his hands to start to build a new team and if he thinks he has he is going to get a big  shock if we are 5th at xmas as a p45 will all he will be getting.

this is not a pop at Rafa, i am just honestly confused as to whats going on with the team he is trying to build.
Last edited by lakes10 on Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:22 pm

Ciggy wrote:

:laugh:  :laugh:
PMSL!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:22 pm

Some interesting views on Riera from City fans can be found HERE

Consensus is he's he's not good enough for us - which I think is the consensus on here too, but they're split as to whether he was sh!te for them, or just decent.
LFC2007

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:33 pm

Ciggy wrote:

:D  :D ı dont know how ıt works ı beter waıt  tıll Saturday when ı fly back home :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simari » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:35 pm

Nanny's got a broken keyboard? :)

Oh wait, it's the letter 'I' !!
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:59 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

:D  :D ı dont know how ıt works ı beter waıt  tıll Saturday when ı fly back home :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:00 pm

riera, robbie keane, dossena, cavellieri.... and if i did the math right then we spent over 40mill or so if riera is 10mill+ or so!
Fcking joke if you ask me ! Not one of those players seems to be major improvement on what we had already come to think about it !
Still cant understand what the fck it is we keep doing every transfer window ! Shipping out sht we bought 12 months before and buying sht only to be offloaded 12 months later ! Fck that !
for 40mill+ i would have expected atleast 2 big names but instead there u go. 4 average players just to add to the other 30 we have. Deco moved to Chelsea for what? 8mill was it... and ronaldinho goes to milan for peanuts and Arsenal sign wonderkid Nasri for cheap... unless we win the league with the players we have got now, i wouldnt be surprised if Rafa gets sacked end of season if only for all the money he wastes on average players. And before ppl start talking out their behinds, i do understand the whole owners problem and all that sht but if you spend 40mill getting players and they turn out to be sht then its the managers fault !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:12 pm

Ciggy wrote:
john craig wrote:I can't see it this transfer window ciggy, unless you know something we don't? ???

If that's the case I don't mind.  But if Gareth Barry is brought here to play left midfield I think it's a big mistake.

How will Benitez explain that one to Alonso then?  Alonso was told he was being sold to raise funds for a left midfielder as we already had plenty of central midfielders.  That suggested Barry was being brought in for the left.  If we sign Riera and Benitez is still trying to sell Alonso and buy Barry then he will struggle to explain that one to Alonso imo as it would be obvious that Barry is a direct replacement as a central midfielder.

I think the most likely scenario now is that we have given up on Barry, signed Riera as a cheaper option and Alonso will stay for now.

I still think Alonso will be gone before the window shuts and I think he will go to Arsenal, Rafa has not given up on signing GazBaz.

He said the player he wanted could play in 3 positions meaning GazBaz, Voronin, pennant, Intandje and Alonso are all still for sale.

If these players leave before the deadline expect to see Barry here, once rafa doesnt want you anymore you dont get a second chance.

According to Rafa, at the beginning it was a matter of money, and thus he explained it to Alonso, which Alonso understood.

But now, it's not a matter of money, there's no need to sell Alonso for that reason, so unless a big offer comes, he stays. That's how Rafa explained it or how I understood it!

As for S@int's first things first question, it's always EUROS. The discrepancies were between 9-12 M €

So perhaps the Everton offer is inflated by the press, or is even bigger than what Espanyol expected. 9M € for a club like that is not little money, the spanish market is cheaper atm.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:24 pm

Got to give the lad a chance ,but if the board are telling the manager who he can and can't buy , you can hardly blame rafa if he once again having to put up with his 2nd or 3rd choice player. You can't have it both ways, if reira turns out to be a duff buy ,maybe you'll all start saying sack rafa , but was he rafa's choice , don't think so some how.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:26 pm

john craig wrote:I've posted before that I'm not thrilled with this deal, but trying to put a positive spin on things:

1)  Moyes will be :censored: off

2)  We're getting a player for 6-9 million (depending on what reports you believe) who is actually a left midfielder by trade.  If Benitez had got his first wish, we'd have signed a central midfielder for 18 million (Gareth Barry) and then probably played him out of position on the left of midfield. IMO Riera is most likely going to be a better left midfielder than Gareth Barry would have been.

Barry has played most his career wide left, and even when played in the centre often pops up wide to put in a cross and set up a goal, like he already has this season.
I`d take him over this lad any day of the week and im sure so would Rafa.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:30 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Got to give the lad a chance ,but if the board are telling the manager who he can and can't buy , you can hardly blame rafa if he once again having to put up with his 2nd or 3rd choice player. You can't have it both ways, if reira turns out to be a duff buy ,maybe you'll all start saying sack rafa , but was he rafa's choice , don't think so some how.

Agreed!
And only time will tell.If he turns out a good un nothing will be said,it will just be accepted.If on the other hand he's a flop it will be another stick to beat Rafa with!
Who's to know what way he will turn out.
One things for sure,half the ones off here who are moaning probably could'nt pick Riera out of an ID parade never mind tell you about his footballing ability. :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion