Alarming amount of lunchtime kick offs?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby weringo » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:47 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:
weringo wrote:Why does it make a difference? You know when we play other teams that means they also kick off at the same time as us ???

Jesus christ, some people just don't think.  :sleep

Do you really think the heat difference between 13:00 and 15:00 will be the difference between a win and a loss?

If it really does make a difference then it should benefit us as our spaniards are used to the high temperatures  :Oo:
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby GOAT » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:52 pm

I guess its an advantage to us in the way that once we win our lunchtime kick off game each week (hopefully) its upto the other teams to win aswell to keep up so the pressure is on them
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:08 pm

laza wrote:I think its great but I will be watching from down under so its excellent viewing time for me. So basically my joy over this is purely down to selfish reasons :D

The same's true with watching from Canada, mate.  A noon GMT kick-off is a nice 7:00 AM for me...nothing better than starting the day with footy and then enjoying the rest of the day! 
Plus, with limited noon kick-offs on any given Saturday the LFC game is virtually guaranteed to be televised here. :buttrock  On the rare Saturdays when the big four all playing at 3 PM GMT (and not against one another), Chelsea or Man U games often take precedence in Canada--which pisses me right off.   :angry:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:36 pm

Anybody got stats on the results of our mid-day kick-offs in recent years ? . I seem to remember getting the jitters every time we had a lunch time K.O.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:38 pm

Early kick-offs are good for me aswell. It means that by the time I get back from anfield, I've got the rest of the day to do other things.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:41 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:Early kick-offs are good for me aswell. It means that by the time I get back from anfield, I've got the rest of the day to do other things.

???

Other things ? 

Either you're celebrating a victory or drowning your sorrows . What "other things could you possibly be doing ? (and don't give me any sh'ite about having a girlfriend who needs help with her shopping)                             :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:44 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:Early kick-offs are good for me aswell. It means that by the time I get back from anfield, I've got the rest of the day to do other things.

???

Other things ? 

Either you're celebrating a victory or drowning your sorrows . What "other things could you possibly be doing ? (and don't give me any sh'ite about having a girlfriend who needs help with her shopping)                             :kungfu:

any shopping my girlfriend does she does on her own  :D
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:48 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

???

Other things ? 

:D , don't believe everything she tells you .   :D   :D   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:51 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

???

Other things ? 

:D , don't believe everything she tells you .   :D   

I'm fully aware of that woof. But I know when she's been shopping when she shows me the whole 'look what I bought,' thing.

By other things, I mean things like coursework (which is a bastard.) It takes alot of time. I'd never not go to a game because of coursework but having earlier kick-offs means that I can start my coursework earlier etc. Anyone who is doing/has done GCSEs that have involved coursework will tell you that it takes up alot of your time and it is a bastard.
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:10 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:By other things, I mean things like coursework (which is a bastard.) It takes alot of time. I'd never not go to a game because of coursework but having earlier kick-offs means that I can start my coursework earlier etc. Anyone who is doing/has done GCSEs that have involved coursework will tell you that it takes up alot of your time and it is a bastard.

Good one, lad.  There's no substitute for a good education and that requires work.  Still, you're finding time to support the club (and share your thoughts with us) which is the best of both worlds.  A scroll through this board reveals what damage a casual approach to education can cause ( :D )...don't let it happen to you, mate!  :;):
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:16 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:. Anyone who is doing/has done GCSEs that have involved coursework will tell you that it takes up alot of your time and it is a bastard.

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

Are you taking the piss ? Why would I need someone to tell me what taking GCSE's involves ? Cheeky Kunt ,  I might be knockin' on a bit but can still recall when GCSE's were GCE's and actually meant something .    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:19 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:. Anyone who is doing/has done GCSEs that have involved coursework will tell you that it takes up alot of your time and it is a bastard.

Are you taking the piss ? Why would I need someone to tell me what taking GCSE's involves ? Cheeky Kunt ,  I might be knockin' on a bit but can still recall when GCSE's were GCE's and actually meant something .    :D

A GCE is an A-level is it not?

GCSEs were O-levels in your day were they not woof? :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:22 pm

woof woof ! wrote:

:D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:26 pm

john craig wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

A GCE is an A-level is it not?

GCSEs were O-levels in your day were they not woof? :laugh:

:D  No John , you did your GCE O (ordainary) level and then went on to GCE A (advanced) level .

Then if you had any sense you emigrated to another country where  a decent education was appreciated and dumbing down was not applauded .

You ever lived abroad John ?           :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:28 pm

:laugh:

My bad...

Nah, lived in Ireland and Scotland, nowhere else unfortunately :glare:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion