Alan hansens views on liverpool - Courtesy again of bbc sport

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:21 pm

No, mi not trying to be the nwe copy and paste king, and yes, this also talks about the gooners, but mainly liverpool, and Alans views are always needed right?  ???

Arsenal and Liverpool both face massive games in the Champions League this week - games which will play a major part in shaping the destiny of their season.

And in Liverpool's case they follow it up with a Merseyside derby against Everton at Goodison Park, which could have a massive bearing on their hopes of Champions League football next season.

Arsenal have had a blip in the league, and the fact that they enter their final game against Rosenborg at Highbury still needing a result has left them facing questions about their European credentials.

If Arsenal want to consider themselves one of the best teams of the last 10 or 15 years, then they simply have to be reaching the knockout stages of the Champions League.

They cannot afford not to progress.

They went an unbelievable amount of games unbeaten, but to be classed with the Manchester United sides of recent years and the Liverpools of the past, they need to win back-to-back titles or the Champions League.

Arsenal, for some reason, have always struggled the season after winning the league and Wenger must put that right.

Progress is the name of the game against Rosenborg, even if it means Arsenal have to discover the art of "winning ugly", something it seems they can't do.

I have always said that even when they are struggling, Arsenal try to play in the same fluent, fluid way - teams then tear straight into them and then they struggle.

As I said, by whatever means, they must simply achieve the result that sends them through against Rosenborg.

Liverpool's need to the win against Olympiakos is massive in a variety of contexts, from a footballing and financial perspective, and also to ensure captain Steven Gerrard stays at the club.

They do not want a week where they go out of the Champions League and lose against Everton, which would put them 12 points behind their neighbours and facing an immense task to get into the Champions League fourth place.

If they play like they did against Arsenal, I see no reason why they should not get the result they require against Olympiakos.
There is much turmoil at Liverpool at the moment, with renewed talk of takeovers, new investment and chairman David Moores stepping down.

If you are looking for a perfect chairman, it is one that gives managers time, money and does not interfere - that chairman is David Moores.

Sadly, he still gets slaughtered for results on the pitch. He has been under tremendous pressure, and from the quotes I have read, looks like he might say he has had enough.

Whatever the situation, Liverpool must get this sorted quickly and get an influx of money into the club.

You have to look for the next day, game, next 10 or 15 years. They need to get the cash in and it needs to be used better than it was under Gerard Houllier, where too much cash was spent on too many average players not in the first team.

A team challenging at the top needs two good players for every position - and this is why Liverpool need to sort out how they will go forward.

This could all be the key to keeping Steven Gerrard at the club, with more speculation that he could sign for Chelsea.

When footballers start in the game, they want money first then trophies. Gerrard has the money and now he will want silverware such as the championship or the Champions League.

And he is so good he has every right to be that ambitious. I watched him last season and thought he could not play any better, but once again this season he has topped that.

Liverpool need to be in when the big prizes are handed out. It is so important for the bigger picture at Anfield.

So the stakes are massive for both Arsenal and Liverpool this week.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:24 pm

Dawsons new keyboard:

:D  always a winner!
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:40 pm

lol :laugh:
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion