Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Agree/disagree - Whats ure veiw?

YES  "THEY SHOULD"
92%
NO   "THEY SHOULD'NT"
8%

Total votes : 13

Postby BUGGERLUGGZ » Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:37 am

MY VEIW IS THAT IT DOES NOT MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE IN THE WORLD YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FOLLOW ANY SOCCER TEAM YOU WANT TOO .
WHATS YOUR VEIW ON THIS?
DONT BE FOOLED BY FOOLISH JUST HUMOUR THEM
BUGGERLUGGZ

Postby gaz31 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:23 am

BUGGERLUGGZ wrote:MY VEIW IS THAT IT DOES NOT MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE IN THE WORLD YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FOLLOW ANY SOCCER TEAM YOU WANT TOO .
WHATS YOUR VEIW ON THIS?

i agree with you bug mate
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:07 pm

I agree completely, I'm Australian and support Liverpool and have since I was five.  If  someone said 'sorry you can't support LFC 'cause thats not where you're from' I'd have to reply '*blank* off *blank*sucker, I can support whoever i *blank*ing like!'
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby kopper » Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:50 pm

Agree m8
Interviewer:       'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:02 pm

People can and generally do do as they please and thats there own choice. Everyone to there own.

However i wouldn't be seen dead supporting something which i have no pride for. I love my city and am proud of it, i'm proud i'm scouse, hence the reason i support Liverpool FC.

If i was from wigan, i'd support wigan, if i was from chester i'd support chester.

Its like a marriage. You can't have more than 1 and you need a connection for it to work.

My opinion. :)
115-1073096938

Postby greenred » Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:48 pm

How far do you take it though? if you live closer to goodison than anfield does that mean you have to support everton? Does everyone from birkenhead have to support rovers?Life isnt as simple as that.Which part of anfield are you from stu?
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:31 am

Im proud of liverpool as well and im from dublin.Does that make sense?not to stu.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:37 am

Is this the Norman Tebbit "Which cricket team do you support" Test?
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby big al » Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:40 am

Stu I've been married for twenty years, connection is one thing but the real success is in Love, Passion, Commitment and Honesty.  I don't follow any local soccer club because it's always had its roots in sectarianism,  just like the two Glasgow clubs and to some extent both clubs in Liverpool. Liverpool and Everton with good leadership left that issue behind.  I can stand at Anfield in the knowledge that everyone is equal everyone is there because of their love in Liverpool FC.  You need to read some history my friend and see that where your born or where yuo live is very often not enough, what is in your heart is far more important. 

There's a very famous quote by the 'Duke of Wellington' (who was born in Dublin) when someone called him Irish " If as dog is born in a stable does that make him a horse"
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:46 am

There is a fascist xenophobic undertone to stu`s attitude that comes out occasionally.I wonder where he puts his X.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:54 am

leave the duke of wellington out of this al.He was a northsider and they arent real Dubs. :;):
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:58 am

I am very proud of being Liverpool supporter, been support them all my life since my childhood.

If anybody want to support Liverpool from different places, it doesn't bother me, actually. It's doesn't matter where people from.
And it is nice for Liverpool FC to have their supporters from different places and countries.
I can't see why not.
:)
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:07 am

Greenred its catching now your starting to sound like Stu, not real Dubs Indeed.  If he'd a been able to play like Peter Cavanagh you'd a had him alright! :laugh:
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:12 am

I hope you spotted that winking smiley al,I was taking the p#ss.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:14 am

You are Irish wee lad, nice one! Our background family from Ireland too! Long Live Ireland!!! :laugh:
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion