Agger to make debut tonight

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:00 am

BBC Sport reckon Daniel Agger will make his Liverpool debut tonight. Doesn't say whether he'll start or come on as sub. I'm looking forward to seeing how he copes. Birmingham is a resonable game to test him and see how well he works with Carra
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Puddy Heskey » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:08 am

Yeah should be good to see whats hes made of.Oh dear lets see can mark the prolific goalscorer that is emile heskey.As bad as heskey is.he is strong.Should be good to see how agger hold out against a bigger opponent.
Puddy Heskey

Postby MaxBoida » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:16 am

Puddy Heskey wrote:Yeah should be good to see whats hes made of.Oh dear lets see can mark the prolific goalscorer that is emile heskey.As bad as heskey is.he is strong.Should be good to see how agger hold out against a bigger opponent.

I strongly doubt he'll start, heskey is a big boy and I don't reckon Agger will have the strength to cope with him yet.
If we are 3 up or something we might see him, otherwise we'll have to leave it for another day
Plus, you think Rafa would debut Agger at the same time as God?
Unlikely
God's job's a good 'un - Robbie Fowler
MaxBoida

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:20 am

It will be good experience for him to make his Anfield debut. :D
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:25 am

I can see aggar being on the bench tonight. As for god he will be on the bench as well rafa said he won't start him yet as he isn't fit enough. I hope he will be on the bench as well imagine the reception robbie will get being brought on in the 70th minute winning 2-0 It will be a fairytale for him having his own moment being brought on, it will be amazing i can see robbie having a tear in his eye tonight when he is brought on, i also have a sneaky feeling we will win 3-0 with god getting the 3rd goal in the 85th minute in front of the kop. Tonight will be a fairytale with robbie getting a different 3 points....  :bowdown  :bowdown
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:27 am

MaxBoida wrote:
Puddy Heskey wrote:Yeah should be good to see whats hes made of.Oh dear lets see can mark the prolific goalscorer that is emile heskey.As bad as heskey is.he is strong.Should be good to see how agger hold out against a bigger opponent.

I strongly doubt he'll start, heskey is a big boy and I don't reckon Agger will have the strength to cope with him yet.
If we are 3 up or something we might see him, otherwise we'll have to leave it for another day
Plus, you think Rafa would debut Agger at the same time as God?
Unlikely

As much as Rafa did please the fans with the re-signing of Fowler. Why wouldn't he debut both? Its a little naive to think world revolves round Robbie Fowler. I mean he is only signed till the end of the season whereas Agger is on a 4.5 year deal. I love Fowler but he isn't the be all and end all of the team by any stretch of the imagination. I hope Rafa starts them both
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:46 am

I reckon Rafa will start Agger tonight. He came through the reserve game with ease and showed why he is rated so highly. Also Rafa is a big fan of rotating players and he will see this game as the perfect game to rotate.

Birmingham are in a bit of a rut, they won 5-0 last time they played but that was against Portsmouth. I think will we see Agger start and possibly Xabi Alonso rested also, we have a lot of games coming up in a short period and he wil want to make sure that the players are fit and fresh. I would't be surprised to see Cisse start and even possibly S.Gerrard rested for this easy 3 pointer. The squad is a lot stronger this year and I feel confidence in any team he puts out( even with Cisse playing!  :help ).

Robbie definetly won't start, this was told to us by Rafa on SSN, I am going the game tonight and feel so excited. When I was growing up Robbie was my hero, banging in goals right, left and centre. When he left, I was devestated, lost all my support for GH. I just hope Robbie gets a longer contract, he deserves it.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:52 am

We've got a lot of games coming up.  Chelski is next up and our two games in hand are in the next two midweeks.  I reckon Agger may come in for Hyppia while we're playing a relatively easy game.  I'd like to play Fowler and Crouch from the start, but I think Robbie will be on the bench...until 20 minutes from time.
:cool:
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Judge » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:34 pm

Agger did ok, there was only one foot wrong when he passed the ball straight back to brum player on the edge of the area

i was thinking, omg..................traore

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:24 pm

Judge wrote:Agger did ok, there was only one foot wrong when he passed the ball straight back to brum player on the edge of the area

Did you go or watch it on tv?

He missed two free headers.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:20 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Judge wrote:Agger did ok, there was only one foot wrong when he passed the ball straight back to brum player on the edge of the area

Did you go or watch it on tv?

He missed two free headers.

i went from work with my mates russ and ian

it was the kick from the area that stood out for me, however, for a young un, i think he'll do good with more time

mind you, my mate ian doesnt half talk, never shuts saying did you see that or did you see this

well of course i did, i have eyes....pfft. good lad though.

in answer to one part of your question, i dont get to see all the matches, but i do see a few
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Morth » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:35 pm

I was lucky enough to catch a few Brøndby matches Agger played in the 04-05 season, and let me just  say, that for what was then a 20 year old defender, he had the tactical and physical prowess of a seasoned player.  He's a fairly tall lad, standing at around 1.90m, but what caught my eye even back then was three things:  His tactical positioning, his touch and composure when dealing with passes under pressure and his heading. 

I thought he made a superb debut yesterday, and the few negative points mentioned above were probably just due to this being his first Liverpool match and let's not forget he just got back from injuries.  It was probably his first match for a long time.   

As far as his heading, as I mentioned above, I think that's one of his strong points.  Like you saw, he doesn't quite go for power, but his heading technique is really good, and he'll prove a useful weapon for attacking set pieces.

I'm confident we've found Hyypia's heir.
Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?
I'm half way through my FISH burger and I realize, Oh my God...
I could be eating a slow learner!

http://www.kopites.net  -  Regularly updated LFC clips and pictures.
Morth

Postby Rafa D » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:40 pm

Agger had a decent game , I thought he was injured badly off  that challenge so was glad when he got up. Looked composed and solid at the back.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:46 pm

happy with his first performance, he's simply a gem to me
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flipmode » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:47 pm

Looks good, lots of potential

Image Image

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage