Agger at left back

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby leep33 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:08 pm

Anybody else think that Agger should stay at left back for the rest of the season? I thought he was very effective there and whilst i would rather see him in the middle, i would keep him at LB until the end of the season when we can sign someone else to play there.
leep33

Postby Fauxy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:35 am

I'd rather stick Aurelio there... he's nearly back to fitness isnt he?

But if not then yeh id much rather see him play at left back than Insua.
Fauxy

Postby leep33 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:26 am

Aurelio is a good player when fit, but does anyone know when he is likely to return?
leep33

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:32 am

Fauxy wrote:I'd rather stick Aurelio there... he's nearly back to fitness isnt he?

No way, I think Agger was a revelation last night. Defensively sound and we all know he likes to get forward. His only negative point would be lack of pace.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:59 pm

yeh yeh I agree he was really really good at left back for us but I just think he is more needed at centre back
Fauxy

Postby Owzat » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:11 pm

I seem to recall suggesting somewhere, if not on here, that I play Agger at LB on PES and see no reason why the real Daniel Agger can't play LB - he is more than able having most if not all the skills you might hope for from a LB.

Agger, Aurelio or Insua? No contest IMO, although I would not really want to take Agger away from CB
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:12 pm

Agger's left footed too, isn't he?  ???

I thought he did well last night and should stay there for the rest of the season
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:18 pm

Owzat wrote:I seem to recall suggesting somewhere, if not on here, that I play Agger at LB on PES and see no reason why the real Daniel Agger can't play LB - he is more than able having most if not all the skills you might hope for from a LB.

Agger, Aurelio or Insua? No contest IMO, although I would not really want to take Agger away from CB

I was gonna say I wish we had two Agger's, he's great with the ball at his feet so he's fine to charge up at down the left flank and pick out a pass

Trouble is he's also a very accomplished centre back
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Fauxy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Ive always thought Agger is really underrated... in my opinion he is one of the best centre backs in the prem. He's still young as well. He just needs to get past his injury problems somehow.
Fauxy

Postby Well Red » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Owzat wrote:I seem to recall suggesting somewhere, if not on here, that I play Agger at LB on PES and see no reason why the real Daniel Agger can't play LB - he is more than able having most if not all the skills you might hope for from a LB.

I do the same on FIFA the odd occasion that I play it. His on-the-ball skills are more useful at full back than as a centre defender. Can we judge players on one performance though? Everyone says Kelly was astounding in his one European appearance but (like Agger) this was, after all, only 90 minutes.
Last edited by Well Red on Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:44 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
Fauxy wrote:I'd rather stick Aurelio there... he's nearly back to fitness isnt he?

No way, I think Agger was a revelation last night. Defensively sound and we all know he likes to get forward. His only negative point would be lack of pace.

My nan could beat Insua in a race
And shes in a wheelchair
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:23 pm

I also played Agger on FIFA as LB few years ago :D.I didnt want to play Dossena and Aurelio was too week (weeker than he really was in real) and Agger did preaty well on that side... I never thought that he'd be as good as in real life.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Well Red » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:35 pm

damjan193 wrote:I also played Agger on FIFA as LB few years ago :D.I didnt want to play Dossena and Aurelio was too week (weeker than he really was in real) and Agger did preaty well on that side... I never thought that he'd be as good as in real life.

what do you do on Football Manager? that seems to be the gospel for most people football-wise :D
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:53 pm

Well Red wrote:
damjan193 wrote:I also played Agger on FIFA as LB few years ago :D.I didnt want to play Dossena and Aurelio was too week (weeker than he really was in real) and Agger did preaty well on that side... I never thought that he'd be as good as in real life.

what do you do on Football Manager? that seems to be the gospel for most people football-wise :D

Be a manager and manage a football team of your choice. Sign new players, change tactics etc

Your a girl though, you should be IN THE KITCHEN!

jokes  :D
Fauxy

Postby damjan193 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:42 pm

Fauxy wrote:
Well Red wrote:

Be a manager and manage a football team of your choice. Sign new players, change tactics etc

Your a girl though, you should be IN THE KITCHEN!

jokes  :D

Yeah, what he said... about the manager thing, not about the kitchen... I could really go for a sandwich at the momment though :D.Anyway, the manager thing could be really fun, you should try it if you havent so far.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion