Absolutely shocking! - A new stat you might be interested in

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Absolutely shocking! - A new stat you might be interested in

That is truly dreadful, Houllier should go even if we get 4th spot
76%
It's not that bad (if your team is Tottenham or Man City)
24%

Total votes : 33

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:21 pm

unfortunately, it's the nature of the modern day football fan to criticise everyone and everything when things aren't going well, especially when they have been used to success in the past. The problem that I, and a lot of liverpool fans have with houllier is the fact that he constantly comes out with the same old boll#cks such as "we created a lot of chances" or "we were unlucky" when the fact is certain players aren't good enough to wear the shirt whether they're played in position or not. Winning cups doesn't paper over the cracks as far as liverpool fans are concerned.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:23 pm

Houllier's biggest problem is not being able to swallow his pride on issues such as i.e.Heskey, Diouf.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:27 pm

i know. the fact he paid 20million for the pair of them makes him feel that he has to play them. I've got nothing against the guy. He's had his chance and he's failed to deliver. Give him till the end of the season and then analyse the situation. If houllier does go then the board's next choice of manager will be one of the most important decisions in the club's history. Ideally an english manager.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:46 pm

Alex Ferguson accepted a 14MIL loss on Veron.

Everyone makes mistake, the important thing is to accept it, rectify it and move on.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:51 pm

the only problem is houllier hasn't accepted it as a mistake, hasn't rectified it and hasn't moved on.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby columbia » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:52 pm

Owzat wrote:What O'Neill achieved at Leicester was

2 worthless cup victories, even TRANMERE got to a final in the 90s ffs

4 top ten league finishes, hardly the stuff of dreams when Everton managed it last season and the likes of Charlton could this

Now if he'd taken Aberdeen to the scots title like Ferguson did then I might find his credentials a little more credible

i dont want o'neil burt look at it this way. Leicester had imo by far and a way the worst squad in the league a top ten fimish with them is a great achievment. There squad under any other manager would have done well to reach the playoffs in division 1 imo. He took Celtic to the uefa cup final and only just lost to porto, who are now top in portuagal and have a great side.
columbia

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:55 pm

stmichael wrote:the only problem is houllier hasn't accepted it as a mistake, hasn't rectified it and hasn't moved on.

This is his biggest flaw.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:16 pm

columbia wrote:
Owzat wrote:What O'Neill achieved at Leicester was

2 worthless cup victories, even TRANMERE got to a final in the 90s ffs

4 top ten league finishes, hardly the stuff of dreams when Everton managed it last season and the likes of Charlton could this

Now if he'd taken Aberdeen to the scots title like Ferguson did then I might find his credentials a little more credible

i dont want o'neil burt look at it this way. Leicester had imo by far and a way the worst squad in the league a top ten fimish with them is a great achievment. There squad under any other manager would have done well to reach the playoffs in division 1 imo. He took Celtic to the uefa cup final and only just lost to porto, who are now top in portuagal and have a great side.

no disrespect to Portugal but their league is not one of the top leagues in Europe. A number of managers have taken average teams to top 10 finishes in the Premiership, Kineear with Wimbledon to name but one. Moyes is another, taking the perpetual escapologists Everton close(ish) to a Champions League spot
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ihstb » Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:13 pm

What you on man
"STUFF YOUR THEATRE OF DREAMS WE LIVE REALITIES"
Ihstb

Postby Stan Laurel » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:21 pm

If MON turned down Liverpool to become their new boss, so what about Alan Curbishley, what do you think of him?
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:28 pm

yeah but its the taking part that counts
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby greenred » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:25 pm

Gary neville :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby superman U » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:31 am

:laugh: I agree with stu the red!Hes the type of liverpool fan we like! Let Phil thompson take over all Gerry Houlliers GREAT WORK!
      Keep it going Phil!
  (to the tune of sing when yer winnin)

SNEEZE IN A MINUTE...HES GONNA SNEEZE IN A MINUTE..SNEEZE IN A MINNNNNNNNNNNUTE  :laugh:
superman U

Postby 82-1074641017 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:32 am

superman U wrote::laugh: I agree with stu the red!Hes the type of liverpool fan we like! Let Phil thompson take over all Gerry Houlliers GREAT WORK!
      Keep it going Phil!
  (to the tune of sing when yer winnin)

SNEEZE IN A MINUTE...HES GONNA SNEEZE IN A MINUTE..SNEEZE IN A MINNNNNNNNNNNUTE  :laugh:

And who is your team then? ???

Let me guess your a sad Manc Glory hunter who isnt even from Manchester, most of your posts have deleted on this forum which suggests you are like a lot of Mancs who talk total sh##e, you probably arent a Manc but you act and talk as much sh##e as your average manc w#nk#r

Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby superman U » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:34 am

man Utd!
why does supersub keep deleting my posts?
Livepool fans have theyre say on the Man u forum...mind u -they dont say much lately lol
superman U

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion