A very touchy subject - Keano

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby vlady16.1 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:36 pm

i'd take em both in a heartbeat

midfield--    riise  alonso  kean  gerrard

man that would be a hard midfield -- add kewell for glam (ol roy would tune him up)

look at this

crouch        keane

riisse/kewell   alonso  kean   gerrarrd

warnock/riisse   hyppia   cara   finnan

reina

man thats a good team -- and check out how mant grew up watching prem footie -- they'll have the fire in the belly

and it would :censored: of manure :buttrock
vlady16.1

Postby RedWolf35 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:59 pm

I live in Coventry and used to go to all their home games (sorry Anfield was to far and I was only a student!!!!)

Robbie Keane was awesome in every game that I saw and gave 100% in every game, so what if he is selfish show every top striker needs to be.

I have been campaigning for a world class striker (Kuyt, Owen etc) but thinking about it he's already playing and scoring in the EPL and they seem to want Cisse   Crouch and Keane   the more I think about it I am sure it would work!!!!!
RedWolf35

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:02 pm

erm no
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby PhiLFC » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:29 pm

Roy Keane???  The man hasn't got a clue where his priorities are... he's slagged off his fans, slagged off his team mates, slagged off his manager (Mick McCarthy) and at the end of the day he plays football for a living... what a whanker.  Although (having said that) could he be another McAllister? ???
PhiLFC

Postby Mikz » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:57 pm

I definately wouldnt want Roy Keane in our team, altho I wouldnt argue with anyone who does,he still is a great player and would be an influence of some kind lol. But lets face it -hes a manc through and through,and in that midfield area we are absolutely fine.His dynamo has burnt out and isnt as skillfully gifted as mcallister was. To hear the fans chanting -KEANO KEANO... :no
Robbie Keane ,Id go for that. Speedy rip-roaring gunslingin irishman would be great under Benitez, doesnt moan and just gets on with the job,wether its scoring goals  :talktothehand or decking edgar davids lol
KEANO KEANO for him?  :nod
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:27 pm

Let Roy Keane go to Real Madrid and inject some much needed manly characteristics into those circus cissies. He is a hot head and should "blend in" well with the galacticos. Probably can teach Robinho to stop doing his stepovers unnecessarily now that the Ls Liga defenders have sussed out his trick....
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:45 pm

Roy Keane would be a no for me but then i think he's an selfish, arrogant wn.ker who's full of his own self-importance so that makes me kind biased.

I've never been absolutely convinced by Robbie Keane. Have always felt he is very talented but for a variety of reasons he seems not to have reached his full potential. Saying that, i wouldn't cry if we swapped him for Cisse who clearly cannot cope with not being first choice. I've never seen a player look so unhappy to be coming on to play as Cisse yesterday. He looked like he was eating a sh.it sandwich for those last ten minutes.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:02 pm

I feel that Robbie Keane is an exciting player, who like Garcia, is capable of the unexpected and is not afraid to try a bit of acrobatics as long as the ball goes in the net. He is a goalscorer and perhaps, not as fast as cisse, he has pace,skill, charisma and would be  apopular signing for the fans and for the team in general. If we are going to go for a striker in January, which is looking possible with cisse apparently on his way, i think we should go for him, if not, try and get Larsson short term.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:14 pm

wrighty, Larsson is scoring goals almost every time he gets on the pitch as a sub for Barca. Would they sell him in January? I think not...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:21 pm

azriahmad wrote:wrighty, Larsson is scoring goals almost every time he gets on the pitch as a sub for Barca. Would they sell him in January? I think not...

So are you saying we should go for a striker who isnt scoring goals!? ???
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:27 pm

roy keane wasnt leading the mancs when he was there, the decline started while he was playing, plus hes injured and old, and hes a manc!!!!

robbie keane just isnt good enough for us. we need world class, not republic of ireland class ()sorry, not meant to be a dig)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:56 pm

:;): we have finnan and nobodys complaining . Rep of Ireland class isnt that bad -id take Duff too
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:58 pm

finnan is class. dont get me wrong. and i wouldnt take duff. great player he may be but the guys a major cheat and i like liverpool how it is. cant stand duff no matter what his ability is, hes a diving cheat.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolFan00 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:07 pm

I wouldn't take roy keane. He is past his best and more trouble the he is worth

Robbie keane is a tough call. he is a player who always gives 100% and scores goals but i would have to pass on him. I don't think he is good enough for LFC. He is about right for a team fighting to get into the top six not a team going for the title.

Damien Duff is absolute class and would get a place in most teams. I was gutted when he went to chelsea. He would have been well worth the 17M
Some people think football is a matter of life or death but it's far more important than that. - Bill Shankley

A Well Balanced Soccer Player Has A Beer In Each Hand!
LiverpoolFan00
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:51 pm

LOL, ROy Keane is about to sign up for the bloody Galacticos, he only has to pass the medical exam.

If it really happens, it's going to be funny. One side of the dressroom, the Spaniards. Another side of the  dressroom, the brazilians. And in the middle, Roy Keane and Beckham. Something tells me that some fun has arrived to the Spanish football.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion