A very touchy subject - Keano

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby fivecups » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:44 pm

bigmick wrote:I'd take Roy Keane all day long. Centre-back and central midfield cover all in one.I'm actually surprised that I'm the only onje sofar who feels this way. With Keane, Manure would have won at Benfica. Of that there is no doubt in my mind.

The mancs clearly missed Keane against Benefica. They looked leaderless. Im sure Fergie was thinking that too.
But I dont see the benefit for us. Even if he does stay fit he's a short term solution when we're looking to build a team that will compete with the best for the next 5-6 years. We have enough in midfield unless there's an injury crisis.

Robbie - not good enough, not consistent enough.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:13 pm

Roy would be a fantastic signing on a short term contract.Gerrard and Sissoko could learn a lot from an old master like him.Think of the effect an ageing Mcallister had on his teamates in 2001.It would also seriously pis.s off the mancs. :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:25 pm

Dundalk wrote:Neither, roy hasnt got it anymore and robbie never had

Rubbish.
115-1073096938

Postby Gaunt » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:27 pm

I'd love to see Keane sign for us on a short term contract. Not gonna happen but i agree with Bigmick in that he can play centre midfield and center back so would be good cover. He could still teach the younger lads a few things about midfield as well. And despite being past his best he is still a very capable midfielder.
Gaunt

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:35 pm

mighty mo wrote:roy keane is past it and is not better than gerrard alonso hamann or sissoko and robbie keane is too inconsistant and can not settle anywhere wolves ,coventry ,inter milan ,leeds tottenham have proved this fact

Wolves to Coventry:

At the time Wolves were a club going nowhere in the first division, he was a premiership class player. He wasn't wrong to leave Wolves for a crack at the prem.

Coventry to Inter:

At Coventry he set the league alight and looked one of the best players in the league at times. Internazionale came in for him, who wouldn't move?

Inter to Leeds:

He never settled in Milan, it happens abroad. Players struggle to settle. At leeds he was never given a real chance. It was always Smith, not bein funny, Smiths not a patch on Keane. Also check Leeds financial history, theres the reason he left.

Leeds to Spurs:

Finally gets games, scores goals, looks class at times but has to compete with Defoe who's on a similar level as himself so he's unable to start every week and develope consistency.

The lads quality and would be a great signing. He plays off a target man in deep positions, he's got the pace to get in behind aswell. He's intelligent, quick, techincally very good and skillfull. He links well and works hard. He'd be a superb signing.

Also, he's never moaned about being out of the Spurs or Leeds sides when he's clearly been good enough to be a regular for both.

He's a damn site better than Sissy and anything else we have upfront, for 5million or there abouts, we could do far worse...

And yes that is a stab at all our strikers.
115-1073096938

Postby Gaunt » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:39 pm

He is also Irelands all time top scorer at the age of 25... not saying much i know but still from watching him i think he would be a good signing, him and Duff carry the Ireland team most matches as did Roy Keane when he played.
Gaunt

Postby drummerphil » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:40 pm

why is it a very touchy suject......? ???? ????

piles and ringworm ..now they are touchy subjects :laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:56 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
mighty mo wrote:roy keane is past it and is not better than gerrard alonso hamann or sissoko and robbie keane is too inconsistant and can not settle anywhere wolves ,coventry ,inter milan ,leeds tottenham have proved this fact

Wolves to Coventry:

At the time Wolves were a club going nowhere in the first division, he was a premiership class player. He wasn't wrong to leave Wolves for a crack at the prem.

Coventry to Inter:

At Coventry he set the league alight and looked one of the best players in the league at times. Internazionale came in for him, who wouldn't move?

Inter to Leeds:

He never settled in Milan, it happens abroad. Players struggle to settle. At leeds he was never given a real chance. It was always Smith, not bein funny, Smiths not a patch on Keane. Also check Leeds financial history, theres the reason he left.

Leeds to Spurs:

Finally gets games, scores goals, looks class at times but has to compete with Defoe who's on a similar level as himself so he's unable to start every week and develope consistency.

The lads quality and would be a great signing. He plays off a target man in deep positions, he's got the pace to get in behind aswell. He's intelligent, quick, techincally very good and skillfull. He links well and works hard. He'd be a superb signing.

Also, he's never moaned about being out of the Spurs or Leeds sides when he's clearly been good enough to be a regular for both.

He's a damn site better than Sissy and anything else we have upfront, for 5million or there abouts, we could do far worse...

And yes that is a stab at all our strikers.

Agree with Stu,100%.The lad doesnt get much credit but he`s just scored his fiftieth goal for Spurs(not a bad return when you consider how few games he`s started).I could easily see him feeding off Crouch`s knockdowns to score a fair few goals.He`s young at 25 and comparatively cheap.Spurs fans arent completely stupid yet he`s their most popular player.Signing him could be a very clever move.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:59 pm

greenred wrote:Agree with Stu,100%.

Theres a first... :laugh:
115-1073096938

Postby greenred » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:02 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
greenred wrote:Agree with Stu,100%.

Theres a first... :laugh:

....and a last.. :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:16 pm

:down:
115-1073096938

Postby Mikz » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:02 am

I agree with you both, Hed be a great move and hes showed what he can do for both club and country,speed,strength good brain and great finisher plus-hes a hard baztid too :nod
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedRoots » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:29 am

Robbie Keane hard, I don't think so mate, you're talking about the wrong Keane. Keane would be a great addition to our squad, he's a 'Pool fan as well I think not unusal in Dublin.
RedRoots

Postby kopite_1232002 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:36 am

id have kean tommorow me, good solid player just needs to keep his mouth shut and it wud :censored: the mancs offf,, end ov the day it aint goin to happen he will hate us
kopite_1232002

Postby kazza » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:21 am

Although Roy is a world class player, he would upset the balance of the team. It is not just about talent.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion