A penny saved is a penny earned - This should fund new players

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:51 pm

laza wrote:10 red and 1 case of GBH :D

isn't that newcastle united's team motto? :D  :D  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby chiunn » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:57 am

What EHD did to the celtic fan was definitely unacceptable... but he is being accused for inability to play football..and i think that is not acceptable too!

About his attitude...outside the field..i m not sure..but those yellow cards he got...i cant recall one was given for any malicious foul..and i hardly missed a match last two years when he played.

In fact, i enjoyed everytime he played...he was the only one that gave a bit of "show time" to the boring way we played...anyone agrees?

yes he didnt have many goals..but i think we cant put all the blames on him...he was asked to play outta his actual position. to me, i think the coach and poor tactics are to be blamed!

I really hope he would have been given a chance under our new coach. I think benetez wanted him too....but too much pressure from the board and the fans!
chiunn

Postby jordantoh » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:08 am

I think diouf is a very good player... his skills and technique is there for all to see... of coz he didn't score a single goal and wasn't consistent enough... but he was being played seriously out of position by GH...

he played so well for Senegal is becoz he played as a foward and was allowed to driff anywhere he like... the freedom allowed him to terrorised defence.., But a stupid GH tactic made him player right flank.. which he has no knowledge of playing there... he started well.. scored two goals as... A STRIKER!!!! stupid GH just wanted Heskey back into the team.. that made diouf suffered... poor thing

so its more of a serious tactical error by GH (and he kept selecting heskey .. dun allow diouf or even baros to partner MO upfront.. how sily is tat) and u can't blame it all on Diouf... i hope he can hav a great season at Bolton.. than Rafa will bring him back and play him to his best position ... A FOWARD...
jordantoh

Postby chiunn » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:57 am

It is good to know that there is someone sharing my view on EHD..infact i reckon there r people out there like us but they r just not brave enuh to voice out their support...coz u can really get ur head chopped off as some of the fans really hate him..or u will get kicked out of the forum..they just bombard u like u r a criminal coz u dont share their point of view...

Can't they see this kid really worked very hard when he played and i could sense that how much he wanted to please the fans..i dare say his workrate was second to Stevie..running up and down..and made some good defence moves...and at times made the opponent LB look like a fool...really a joy to watch..all he failed to do was to score for a team built around Michael Owen....Heskey supposedly the goalscorer dint even do a decent job and we actually demanded the poor Dioufy to deliver in his unfamiliar position...he is a liverpool player who shows determination and figthing spirit..he wants to stay and fight for his place...aren't we supposed to be happy to have a player who really care to play for liverpool..but why r some going all out to destroy our own player by calling him names and accusing him money-faced?? All he wants is to stay and prove himself! That poor kid....falling from a world cup hero and african player of the yr to someone who is seen as a worthless piece of ******! I can really feel for this guy man..

I can tell u why he chose to go to bolton instead of spain....u will see! He will show u what he can really do in a team that he is treasured by the manager and the fans. He wants to prove it in the EPL!

The intelligent Benetez, who wanted him when he was in valencia, see his potential but he knows that he has to loan him out this yr..he wants him to do some "washing" outside liverpool...the fans will forget the old diouf and will welcome him back after he score 20+ in bolton!

Thats the only reason i can think of why benetez didnt give him a chance at all....coz the polishing of a diamond will start in bolton!
chiunn

Postby jordantoh » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:16 am

I agree... i think Rafa isn't loaning him out not becoz he is lousy... i think he is giving EHD a chance to have first team oppoturnities where he can shine show Rafa what he can do... and next season Rafa will get him back.. and slot him into the foward rotation...

GO DIOUF.. SHOW ALL THE LIVERPOOL FANS UR TRUE TALENT.. AS A FOWARD.. NOT A WINGER LIKE WAT STUPID GH THOUGHT U WERE.!!!!! :D
jordantoh

Postby chiunn » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:24 am

beni knows that he cant possibly play good football in anfield under such pressure...he needs to cool things off a bit elsewhere...i dont think the board is oso so stupid to let him go like that..afterall they spent 10 mil...halo!! 10 mil man...!
chiunn

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion