A message to the lfc players - This is not acceptable

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:54 pm

it's a sad day when i have to say this.

i'm sorry but the last two games have dragged our once great club through the gutter. it was bad enough after the manure game. however after tuesday's debacle, i was expecting some sort of response from what was basically our strongest team today.

well no. the game today, especially the first half, was the MOST INEPT, DISGRACEFUL, HEARTLESS, CLUELESS performance i have seen from an lfc side in years. considering the history and tradition of our great club, those players should feel ashamed of themselves.

as a fan, instead of cheering the team on, i spent todays game in stunned silence because i was literally in shock about what was going on.

stevie g was nowhere near fit and looked as though he was fed up with the ineptitude around him, even though he was shocking himself. garcia is playing absolutely sh#te. baros couldn't control a sack of cement. and as for hyypia (who has ANOTHER injury) and pelligrino, the latter was a disgrace to the shirt. we made southampton look like brazil and peter crouch look like marco van basten.

towards the end garcia gave it away and just threw his arms up in frustration and didn't even bother chasing back.

i've got a message for all those who played today. the fans of this great club deserve better than that dross.

rant over :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby hawkmoon269 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:04 pm

Totally agree.  Nuff said!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:05 pm

Cant reply again lost for words :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SALTROCK67 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:07 pm

Yes and SG make your ****** mind up where your priorities lie. :angry:  :angry:
SALTROCK67

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:09 pm

Its a repeat of the owen saga from last year Im afraid.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:10 pm

gotta agree with everything said
stevie is playing liek aplayer just waiting to leave. baros has heart in right place but most of the otehrs were disgraceful today
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:11 pm

i spent most the game wondering how the hell players who earn 40k a week are unable to pass the ball! :oops:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SALTROCK67 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:13 pm

Over paid and over here!!!!
SALTROCK67

Postby hawkmoon269 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:16 pm

Hate to say this, but after watching SG the last few games, his heart is no longer at Liverpool.  Someone buy him a blue shirt, so he can get on with it.  We need players who are 100% committed to playing for Liverpool - not someone who can't make his mind up.  That's just as bad.  Sell him, get the  £25-30M (before his performances reduce that), and buy several new players.

Over the last number of years we have had enough of mediocre performances.  As I've said in another thread, I don't care if we loose, as long as we gave it our all.  That doesn't happen at LFC anymore - we rarely have performances where the heart and soul of LFC's fans are reflected by the players committment.

COME ON LFC WE WANT PRIDE IN OUR PERFORMANCES
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:18 pm

Now, I have a feeling that Steve Gerrard will be a Chelsea player this summer and I don't like the way of that he think he is bigger than Liverpool.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:19 pm

For years our play has been sterile, predictable and dare I say it "boring".  Why can't we create more chances ? 

For years the fans, ex-players and pundits have claimed that we need more width.  What is wrong that successive management teams have not seen this ? 

When I suggest we need width I am not talking about providing the likes of Garcia or Kewell (they couldn't beat an egg).  We need a player who will receive the ball out wide, make a run down the wing, go by his marker and whip in a cross for our strikers.  What is the point in having Morientes in the team if we try to play through the middle all the time ?
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby YoungAdam » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:19 pm

Passes weren't connecting, there was no life in the performance at all. Second half was marginally better but still pretty embarassing
YoungAdam

Postby hawkmoon269 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:20 pm

Stan Laurel wrote:Now, I have a feeling that Steve Gerrard will be a Chelsea player this summer and I don't like the way of that he think he is bigger than Liverpool.

I'd rather he went now - if he is going.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:21 pm

The players just don't look ar5ed :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:26 pm

Don't blame some of the players and the RB . Blame to the club. Liverpool have no money to buy new players. We need new blood for this club and yes of course some of the players need to be off load.
LiverpoolMadman

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion