A message to the lfc players - This is not acceptable

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:27 pm

I watched it on the Norweigen canal+ and at half time they where dissgussing the players, a commentator said Stevie had spoken to someone this week and told them he has basically signed for chelsea, but Liverpool fans and the english media are not aware of it yet. But this fella sounded convincing and the deal is done.
Another memeber heard the same thing get said.
And tbh his performances havent been that great either have they? Michael Owen all over again.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:30 pm

Sean wrote:For years our play has been sterile, predictable and dare I say it "boring".  Why can't we create more chances ? 

For years the fans, ex-players and pundits have claimed that we need more width.  What is wrong that successive management teams have not seen this ? 

When I suggest we need width I am not talking about providing the likes of Garcia or Kewell (they couldn't beat an egg).  We need a player who will receive the ball out wide, make a run down the wing, go by his marker and whip in a cross for our strikers.  What is the point in having Morientes in the team if we try to play through the middle all the time ?

Agree Sean.  What ever happened to th "pass and move".  Too much play in the middle channel.  We don't seem to have the ability to read the game, and adapt on the fly.  If is isn't working, change the tatics.

I don't think we have the players capable of doing that - or the captain to inspire that.

Maybe we should have bought Shaun Wright-Phillips?
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:32 pm

.....Perhaps it is time we do cash in on Gerrard.  Otherwise we'll still be here next season debating the same issue.

We need to go back to basics.  Gerrard is overshadowing the entire club.  We have had great players throughout our history but no player ever was bigger than the club or the manager.  Gerrard is a smashing player and carried us through many games but it's obvious he wants out.  Theres nothing worse than having a cranky, sulking player in the dressing room, especially if it is the captain.

Last season speculation about Wayne Rooney dominated Evertons season.  This resulted in Everton having a ****** season and for a while Moyes looked like getting out.  Everyone reckoned that Everton minus Rooney would mean relegation.  Look at the turn around now.  Everton have a better chance of 4th place than us and Moyes looks like a top manager again.

Moral of the story....if one player thinks hes better than all the rest and looks down on his team mates it will be impossible to build team work and team work is what has won United and Arsenal several titles in the last fifteen years.  Indeed the best example is Greece.  Every player respected each other, they played with pride and determination and won the euros.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:33 pm

I think criticism of SG is a little too over the top,although I can see the angle a lot of people are coming from since his indifferent performances come the turn of the year,including Chelsea.The loss of Alonso and the quite inept performances put in by Garcia has had a detrimental effect on the midfield and I feel it has totally knocked SG for six.Before the Chelsea game Gerrard was a rampant force all over the field but he has had his wings clipped and the midfield has become stagnated in its creativity.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:34 pm

Sean wrote:.....Perhaps it is time we do cash in on Gerrard.  Otherwise we'll still be here next season debating the same issue.

We need to go back to basics.  Gerrard is overshadowing the entire club.  We have had great players throughout our history but no player ever was bigger than the club or the manager.  Gerrard is a smashing player and carried us through many games but it's obvious he wants out.  Theres nothing worse than having a cranky, sulking player in the dressing room, especially if it is the captain.

Last season speculation about Wayne Rooney dominated Evertons season.  This resulted in Everton having a ****** season and for a while Moyes looked like getting out.  Everyone reckoned that Everton minus Rooney would mean relegation.  Look at the turn around now.  Everton have a better chance of 4th place than us and Moyes looks like a top manager again.

Moral of the story....if one player thinks hes better than all the rest and looks down on his team mates it will be impossible to build team work and team work is what has won United and Arsenal several titles in the last fifteen years.  Indeed the best example is Greece.  Every player respected each other, they played with pride and determination and won the euros.

Although I agree Sean, could people be right in saying we are a one man team and when he goes we are finished, cause lets face it hes been invisible the last few games and we have been diabolicle. :(
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:39 pm

If, as claimed on this forum, Gerrard has agreed a move to Chelsea in the summer, what fee has been agreed ?
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:42 pm

30 million.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:42 pm

agreed again. absolutely woeful performance.  the only exception for me and the only good i can take out of the game is that pongo looks more and more like a good player and the only one that looked like he might make something happen.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SALTROCK67 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:45 pm

Good call Pongo did well but struggles to keep it going the full 90 but as a sub very effective.
SALTROCK67

Postby bigmick » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:45 pm

Jeez that was really really poor. I thought the scorline flattered us. The only positive I can think of was that ping-pong did OK when he came on. I'm so p!ssed off with every one of the lads. Imagine if Jimmy Case or Souness had been playing, or Steve Macmahon. It would've kicked off in the dressing room after the game for sure. Where was the passion, the heart and determination?
I'd take a positive step right now. Carra as captain for Tuesday and for every game after that. Lets get a bit of vein-bulging scream in your face motivation going. Step forward Jamie, Liverpool needs you.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:48 pm

Lets send a petition to LFCTV with Carra for captain A.S.A.P.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:27 pm

just show me where to sign...

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:29 pm

Read somewhere pelle saying that rafa wanted him to be the future captain of liverpool.......

???
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:53 pm

The_Rock wrote:Read somewhere pelle saying that rafa wanted him to be the future captain of liverpool.......

???

Sorry Rock, but David Beckham stands a better chance of achieving that!!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:56 pm

Redrider wrote:
The_Rock wrote:Read somewhere pelle saying that rafa wanted him to be the future captain of liverpool.......

???

Sorry Rock, but David Beckham stands a better chance of achieving that!!

Rock aint lying Ive seen that 2 :glare:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion