A final fit for two great managers - But we wont win if gerrards only playing

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kop Kid » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:33 am

This is a wonderful advert for english football, two great europeon managers leading their sides to a cup fnal in their first year.

I think that these sorts of games can cause an upset, (I dont think we are favorites, lets be honest) therefor i actually have a snidey fealing we can win it(defend for 90 mins and win it owen sytleeeee).

Message to Rafa B:  Please fire up ALL your team as we will not win this if Steve G is the only player interested in playing.
Kop Kid

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:27 am

I seem to remember us outplaying Chelsea for a substantial period of the recent match at Anfield.
I would not say we are too distant underdogs - we can beat them.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:41 am

Kop Kid wrote:This is a wonderful advert for english football, two great europeon managers leading their sides to a cup fnal in their first year.

I think that these sorts of games can cause an upset, (I dont think we are favorites, lets be honest) therefor i actually have a snidey fealing we can win it(defend for 90 mins and win it owen sytleeeee).

Message to Rafa B:  Please fire up ALL your team as we will not win this if Steve G is the only player interested in playing.

Did you miss the game against Chelsea against Anfield? Because as I recall all players were fired up except Gerrard who was high-fiving Mourinho and being friendly with the Chelski players. Hopefully that won't happen again.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby L-type » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:20 am

Hopefully Riley isn't reffing it, but then again if he was I'm glad Man Utd didn't make it through, because then we'd be f*cked
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:10 am

tbo I was hoping for Man U in the final cos we've got a score to settle with those c**ts! :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chrissy » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:12 am

Lets park the bus in front of the goal and put morientes baros n pongolle up front and Liverpool will be the Carl Cup champos!!!
Chrissy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:15 am

Pongolle is injured! :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:16 am

and morrientes is available
112-1077774096

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:40 pm

We will win this because. :D

1.The cup final is the sunday after the champs league matches, we're at home on the tuesday and chelski are away at barca on the wednesday,
2. The weekend before that is the fa cup 5th rd which we arent in and chelsea should be,
3. Gerrard and morientes are unable to play against leverkusen (suspended and cup tied) so at least they'll be rested
4.We'll be the underdogs so wont have the pressure on us.
5. We have the lucky dressing room.
6. What goes around comes around...the handball and alonso's injury at anfield on new years day will mean that the football gods will be smiling on us at cardiff :p :D
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SALTROCK67 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:50 pm

Lets hope your right cisse,we cant fail if you look at it that way. :D  :D  :D
SALTROCK67

Postby el_stinger » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:59 pm

I love being the underdogs, we got nothing to lose, so we should go all out with guns blazing...

GO YOU REDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:00 pm

i reckon we will win it now, chelsea will know that we are no push over and hopefull we will have morientes firing by the time the final comes.
109-1105722616

Postby el_stinger » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:11 pm

Just came across this on www.theworldgame.com.au

Mourinho: Prem will do
SBS

Following his team's Carling Cup semi-final victory over Manchester United, Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has admitted that although his club are on track to win four trophies this season - he will be satisfied with just the Premiership.

"We can win four, we can lose four, but it would be normal to win something," said Mourinho.

"To win the four is very, very difficult but it is still possible. There is a long way to do it but if you could give me the Premiership I would be very happy."

"This is just the final though, we have not won the competition and we have to now face another great team in Liverpool."

The entire Blues establishment was delighted with the 2-1 win over their rivals at Old Trafford, so much so that the players drenched billionaire owner Roman Abramovich with champagne upon his entry into the change room.

"I do not think Roman should go into the dressing rooms again - he did and he had a shower of champagne. Maybe next time he will think twice," revealed birthday boy Mourinho, who turned 42.

"The feeling is fantastic and everyone will say it is a birthday gift for me, but it is not mine, it is a gift for every player as they dreamed of being in the final, it is a gift for the supporters because for the last few years they have not been in a final."

"It is also a gift for Roman, because he has given a lot to the club and it is the first time he will get a real feeling of being in a final. I prefer to share it with them all."
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:14 pm

its a gift for their supporters cos they havent got no history
109-1105722616

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion