A bit of credit for rafa - Owen injured again.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:38 pm

dawson99 wrote:We'll never agree. Half of us think the season is pish mainly due to the manager, half think hes perfect and its the boards fault for the bad results...

One thing we should all agree on, we shouldnt be crediting Rafa for an injury to Owen

Perfect , who said he was perfect ?
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:44 pm

Who said he was pish? Im exaggerating, but you got eejits like Lando on one side, and then on the 'antis' (i hate putting people into brackets) who go more rightwing(??) to make a point. We're never gettnig anywhere,
Last edited by dawson99 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:35 pm

He may have done a better job for us than Ngog and co but that's by the by, because 1) He jumped at the chance to join the Manc's, and 2) It was always questionable whether he'd make the necessary impact had he joined us instead, partly because of his injury record. We should have signed somebody else to play up front, though.
LFC2007

Postby roberto green » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:40 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Vowing to never try and enter any kind of footballing debate with Hiemdall again. He's just an utterly f*ckling cluless pleb amongst our fanbase.

:D
roberto green

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:29 pm

heimdall wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
zarababe wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Don't be silly now , Rafa fecks up everytime and couldn't by a decent player to save his life . Feckin hell little mikey is class and i've no idea why Rafa din't sign him for A free . Maybe Ben Patrick will be able to tell us or saint or whomever else had a crystal ball and new if mikey had come to us he would have banged in 25 goals for us . Maybe rafa made a good judgement this time , doubt it though .

Oh yes  - fecked-up on Alonso, Agger, Masch, Benny, Garcia, Maxi and then there's a certain Torres.. worth £60 mill +

He's moved the poor signings on quickly too, whilst dealing with a transfer budget driven by balancing the books of a drak ages board..

and who says Aqua won't be a succes .. ay   :angry:

Agger - always injured
Alonso - Left
Masher - Wanted to leave, still prb will
Benny - under used
Garcia - Left
Maxi - been with us like 5 mins
Torres - genius signing

Hmmm

Pepe?

Benny is probably underused for a reason. He probably isn't impressing Rafa enough in training to warrant a starting place.

What and Lucas does? ???? ???

Exactly. Rafa picks those who work hard in training. Not really a hard concept to grasp mate.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:37 am

roberto green wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Vowing to never try and enter any kind of footballing debate with Hiemdall again. He's just an utterly f*ckling cluless pleb amongst our fanbase.

:D

:bowdown
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:39 am

bavlondon wrote:Exactly. Rafa picks those who work hard in training. Not really a hard concept to grasp mate.

So is it better for a player to be hard working rather than skillful, is that the concept you are saying is so easy to grasp?

As for emerald, I wish you would actually put your money where your mouth is and stop discussing me.

You've suggested I be banned and should be ignored so many times now it's getting quite  :sleep
Last edited by woof woof ! on Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
heimdall

Postby boodiddy1 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:18 am

The year is 2010 and little bluenose Duncan is talking to his bluenose Dad.
SON "Dad, my mates in school told me that Liverpool won the European Cup for the 5th time in 2005 ? are they right dad?

DAD "Yes son, it's true, but they were dead lucky son, all the way through the tournament"

SON "Why dad?"

DAD "Well in the group stages ?.."

SON "What dad, did they have a team from Azerbaijan, Israel, and Wales in their group?"

DAD "Well no, they had Monaco, Deportivo la Coruna, and Olympiakos"

SON "Well they still sound like 3 easy teams to me dad"

DAD "Actually Monaco reached the final the year before, Olympiakos had won their league 7 times out of the previous 8 seasons, and Deportivo finished above the galacticos of Real Madrid in their league".

SON "Jeez dad, that sounds like quite a difficult group then".

DAD "yeh I suppose your right son, but they were still lucky ? it took a mi**** shot by Gerrard against Olympiakos to get through".

SON "oh is that the goal were your hero Andy Gray goes berserk shouting "you beauty, you beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!!!!"

DAD "yes son it is"

SON "oh ok. Well what happened in the last 16 dad, who did they draw?"

DAD "Bayer Leverkusen"

SON "Bayer who?"

DAD "Exactly son, but they had beaten Real Madrid 3-0 at home, and won their group that included Dinamo Kiev and Roma too."

SON "bloody hell dad, they sound good".

DAD "yes, I suppose you're right son"

SON "so did they win on away goals or something"

DAD "errrrr, no, they won both legs 3-1 each"

SON "oh ? well who next then dad"

DAD "Juventus"

SON "How the f#ck did they get past them Dad?"

DAD "Well they did ? they won 2-1 at home, and cruised to a 0-0 away draw without Juve having hardly any chances".

SON "were Juve sh#t at that time ? had all their decent players gone or something?"

DAD "well actually they still had players like Del Piero, Nedved, Ibrahimovic, Thuram, and Buffon in the side. And they won Serie A a few weeks later."

SON "wow, they beat the Italian champions elect ? which **** easy team did they get in the semi then?"

DAD "Chelsea"

SON "Chelsea ? for f#cks sake ? what a **** easy draw ? they've won nothing, Everton have won more than them".

DAD "well that season they won the Premiership and League Cup but the Red ***** didn't let them score in 180 minutes of football"

SON "Jesus Christ ? so Liverpool beat the English Champions elect too"

DAD "yes son, they bloody well did".

SON "so after all that I suppose all the good teams had been knocked out"

DAD "not quite son, AC Milan awaited them in the final"

SON "no way ? aren't they the 2nd most successful team in the competition's history".

DAD "yes son they are"

SON "so were Liverpool lucky because Milan had all their good players out with injuries"

DAD "no ? they had Shevchenko, Crespo, Maldini, Nesta, Cafu, Kaka, Stam, Dida, Gattuso, Pirlo, and Seedorf".

SON "your 'avin a laff"

DAD "it gets worse son, Milan were cruising 3-0 up at half-time".

SON "what happened, did they have 3 men sent off in the second half ? how did Liverpool get back into the game?"

DAD "no, Milan had no men sent off, the Red ***** scored 3 goals in 6 minutes"

SON "against the best defence in Europe"

DAD "yes!!!, against the best defence in Europe"

SON "so what happened next - extra time?"

DAD "yes son, and Dudek made the luckiest save ever to stop a Shevchenko shot from a yard"

SON "why was it lucky dad ? did it hit him on the :censored:, nose, shoulder or something"

DAD "no son, his hand"

SON "well aren't goalies meant to save shots with their hands"

DAD "yeah but that's besides the point"

SON "then what"

DAD "penalties!"

SON "English teams are :censored: at penalties"

DAD "not this f#ckin time they weren't ? they only missed one. And that's how Liverpool became the luckiest team to win the European Cup".

SON "but I bet when they brought the cup home there was hardly anyone to watch as all Liverpool fans live anywhere but Liverpool you say. How many was there, 5,000 or so?"

DAD "1 million people lined the streets".

SON "so let's get this straight dad ? Liverpool had 3 good teams in their group, they then knocked out a team who had beaten Real Madrid 3-0, they then knocked out the future Serie A champions, then knocked out the future Premiership champions, before coming back from 3-0 down to beat the 2nd most successful club in Europe. And then the whole population of Liverpool came out to welcome them home!!!!

DAD "that about sums it up son"

SON "dad?"

DAD "yes son"

SON "can I have a Liverpool shirt for my birthday next week, and can you stop calling me Duncan ? I'm Stevie from now on

This cheered me up. Brought the memories back. C'mon rafa get us back on track. We've been one of europe's best for a while. Don't :censored: up this summer.
boodiddy1

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:26 am

Credit to Rafa for not losing ground on rivals for 4th this weekend! :rolleyes:

Might have something to do with two playing in the FA Cup and Citeh not playing, but hey ho
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:27 am

I came to that conclusion November 2006. It could have been October 2006 but I decided to give him the benifit of doubt. :D
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby loopyliverpool » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:19 am

I think it was a mistake not to bring Owen back on a play as you play. He hasn't played that much at United yet has scored a few, most notably against City and a hat trick in Europe. We are short of 'proven' strikers at the club and there was a minimal risk involved with any signing of Owen. He is now injured so presumably won't get paid. Those who are praising Rafa for not actually signing Owen are probably the same ones who are content to see the dross that is Lucas, Ngog, Insua playing regularly for our club. The reason, I believe Benitez didn't sign Owen, was personal. The reason he didn't bring in another striker plain stupid!
loopyliverpool

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:28 am

heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Don't be silly now , Rafa fecks up everytime and couldn't by a decent player to save his life . Feckin hell little mikey is class and i've no idea why Rafa din't sign him for A free . Maybe Ben Patrick will be able to tell us or saint or whomever else had a crystal ball and new if mikey had come to us he would have banged in 25 goals for us . Maybe rafa made a good judgement this time , doubt it though .

You are right he didn't make a good judgement call this time. He SHOULD have got Owen on a free, he could have helped out this season and given us what we need, a second striker. We all know he is injury prone, so did Manure but on a free he was well worth the gamble and has played quite well for Manure. Given the choice I would rather have had Owen than Wash.

Why take a has been, judas c*nt who's only interested in himself and his place in the England squad over a youngster who you could develope into a talent and potentially flog on for a mega profit.? Oh, and his wages are peanuts compared to Micky England's. I think you'll find N'gog's scoring record is admirable and comparable to that of the Rat's also. N'Gog scored only 1 goal in his time at PSG, yet he's scored how many for us this term so far? Vital ones too. Sure Rafa takes on players and makes them worse, don't you know.

yes he does make players worse or certainly not better, for example, Keane, Bellamy and Crouch.

Given the option I far prefer a natural striker to whatever the hell Wash is. Eggnog is not good enough and never will be, I don't care how many tap ins he gets, I want to see him actually run intelligently, beat players and score some good goals, i still haven't seen that.

Still a plank i see

Crouch improved to the player he is at Liverpool - went from a decent prem striker to international striker while at Liverpool

Keane - where is he now - Scottish mickey mouse football

Bellamy just had a poor season with us and just didnt do enough consistently

Ngog - is a striker and what is his job - to score goals you muppet - who cares if they are taps or cooly finishing one and ones - its getting in the back of the net that matters - 80% of linekars goals where in the 6 yard box .
Benny The Noon

Postby DrPepe » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:02 am

loopyliverpool wrote:I think it was a mistake not to bring Owen back on a play as you play. He hasn't played that much at United yet has scored a few, most notably against City and a hat trick in Europe. We are short of 'proven' strikers at the club and there was a minimal risk involved with any signing of Owen. He is now injured so presumably won't get paid. Those who are praising Rafa for not actually signing Owen are probably the same ones who are content to see the dross that is Lucas, Ngog, Insua playing regularly for our club. The reason, I believe Benitez didn't sign Owen, was personal. The reason he didn't bring in another striker plain stupid!

I agree that we desperately needed a striker this season, or at the v least kuyt should be playing up front a lot more when torres iis crocked. But It would have been hugely risky + costly to get Owen in.

Owens "pay-as-you-play" contract is widely reported as having a 50k/week basic element so is not really payp at all, really - he certainly isn't free when he's not playing!  (no idea of the additional  cost of actually playing him is, but given that 3quarters of his apps have been as sub, it appears even ORN has been wary of activating his "starting" clause!).

Ngog will be on far less than 50k, and let's compare what the 2 have produced at the end of the season (not even considering the tabloid fedding freenzy of "owen back at lfc" stories that we'd have had to endure all season)
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:00 am

To be fair to Eggnog though, he doesn't look like he has progresses a whole lot since the start of the season. He still has that 'startled deer in the headlights' look in front of goal most of the time. He has played plenty of games this season and you'd expect improvement game-on-game....can't say I've seen it in him..
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby DrPepe » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:42 am

bunglemark2 wrote:To be fair to Eggnog though
:laugh:

opinions opinions - i'd say he a youngster who's getting more appearances and more goals than last season - thats improvement

he 's not going to turn into uber-confident clinical finisher overnight - he's still at the "he has potential" stage
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion