A bit of credit for rafa - Owen injured again.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sir Roger » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:45 pm

I am glad hes injured
He has scored some crucial goals for them and I for one dont want him to score any more
Just imagine if he scored the goal that won the game which meant they had won more titles than us!
Not even worth thinking about...
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby DrPepe » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:55 pm

Owen was a 30 year old with a history of crocks  and an  accident waiting to happen. He would have been even more at risk  at our club as he wouldn't  have 2x 30 mill strikers in the pecking order ahead of him and would have had to play a lot more meaning he prob wouldn't have lasted til xmas for us!!

rafa was 100% right on this one.

Aqua has age on his side and as rafa stated : he's for the long term
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby red_guy » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:11 pm

Dundalk wrote:Feck owen and feck united

Ive been against Rafa lately and the style of football we have been playing but credit where credit is due if he signs up Pepe and Mash on long term deals

what he said. :nod
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:40 pm

I actually think he could have been more productive for them had Fergie been willing to play Owen in the same team as Rooney a little more often. I don't blame the player for going there but I'm glad he hasn't done particularly well for them because it feels like a knife in the back everytime I've seen him in their kit + it's horrible to have such fond memories of a player I loved soured by his move to the mancs. However, I don't think this is especially vindicating for Rafa, the problem was not that we didn't sign Owen, the problem was not signing anyone, the problem was going into this season content that Ngog and Kuyt were our only striking options (can't include Babel because he's never got the run upfront) behind a fragile Torres.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:40 pm

Sarge wrote:If you guys think that rafa made an EXCEPTIONALLY wise decision not to get owen for free just because he's prone to injury, then WTF is wrong with him in buying the f*cking aquaman for 20M quids??

think before posting!

I wasn't talking about aquaman though was I, I was talking about owen

:sleep  :sleep
roberto green

Postby tubby » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:45 pm

It probably didn't help Owens cause that Rooney has been in lethal form this season.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby haps » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:17 am

centarec wrote:To be honest , i would not give a damn if JUDA died tomorow... He used to be my childhood hero but now i hate him so fu..ing much i would kill him myself.. What a kunt he is . :veryangry

... stop sitting on the fence, fella.  What do you really think?   :D
haps

Postby zarababe » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:21 am

Owen is a Judas and deserves what he gets.. if u engineer a move from LFC to Real, effectively running your contract down so the NEW MANAGER has no choice but to let you go, or get nowt for ya in the summer (cos your so determined 2 go) - spend yer time warming on the bench in Madrid (nice sun tan son), then go to the barcodes for money and.... acieve nowt... then end up at UNITED of all places, warming their bench too - when you should have stayed and become a CL winner and much more if you stayed.. u get what ya deserve.. MICKEY !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:33 am

zarababe wrote:Owen is a Judas and deserves what he gets.. if u engineer a move from LFC to Real, effectively running your contract down so the NEW MANAGER has no choice but to let you go, or get nowt for ya in the summer (cos your so determined 2 go) - spend yer time warming on the bench in Madrid (nice sun tan son), then go to the barcodes for money and.... acieve nowt... then end up at UNITED of all places, warming their bench too - when you should have stayed and become a CL winner and much more if you stayed.. u get what ya deserve.. MICKEY !

A league cup medal  :D
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:55 pm

Don't be silly now , Rafa fecks up everytime and couldn't by a decent player to save his life . Feckin hell little mikey is class and i've no idea why Rafa din't sign him for A free . Maybe Ben Patrick will be able to tell us or saint or whomever else had a crystal ball and new if mikey had come to us he would have banged in 25 goals for us . Maybe rafa made a good judgement this time , doubt it though .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:59 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Don't be silly now , Rafa fecks up everytime and couldn't by a decent player to save his life . Feckin hell little mikey is class and i've no idea why Rafa din't sign him for A free . Maybe Ben Patrick will be able to tell us or saint or whomever else had a crystal ball and new if mikey had come to us he would have banged in 25 goals for us . Maybe rafa made a good judgement this time , doubt it though .

You are right he didn't make a good judgement call this time. He SHOULD have got Owen on a free, he could have helped out this season and given us what we need, a second striker. We all know he is injury prone, so did Manure but on a free he was well worth the gamble and has played quite well for Manure. Given the choice I would rather have had Owen than Wash.
heimdall

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:20 pm

heimdall wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Don't be silly now , Rafa fecks up everytime and couldn't by a decent player to save his life . Feckin hell little mikey is class and i've no idea why Rafa din't sign him for A free . Maybe Ben Patrick will be able to tell us or saint or whomever else had a crystal ball and new if mikey had come to us he would have banged in 25 goals for us . Maybe rafa made a good judgement this time , doubt it though .

You are right he didn't make a good judgement call this time. He SHOULD have got Owen on a free, he could have helped out this season and given us what we need, a second striker. We all know he is injury prone, so did Manure but on a free he was well worth the gamble and has played quite well for Manure. Given the choice I would rather have had Owen than Wash.

Why take a has been, judas c*nt who's only interested in himself and his place in the England squad over a youngster who you could develope into a talent and potentially flog on for a mega profit.? Oh, and his wages are peanuts compared to Micky England's. I think you'll find N'gog's scoring record is admirable and comparable to that of the Rat's also. N'Gog scored only 1 goal in his time at PSG, yet he's scored how many for us this term so far? Vital ones too. Sure Rafa takes on players and makes them worse, don't you know.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:24 pm

heimdall wrote:

good job your not the manager then isn't it .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:43 pm

No one can take credit for good luck or bad luck with injuries.

If I don't blame Rafa for the bad luck he's had with Aurelio, I can't give him credit for letting Owen sign Manchester United.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:34 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
heimdall wrote:

Why take a has been, judas c*nt who's only interested in himself and his place in the England squad over a youngster who you could develope into a talent and potentially flog on for a mega profit.? Oh, and his wages are peanuts compared to Micky England's. I think you'll find N'gog's scoring record is admirable and comparable to that of the Rat's also. N'Gog scored only 1 goal in his time at PSG, yet he's scored how many for us this term so far? Vital ones too. Sure Rafa takes on players and makes them worse, don't you know.

are you actually comparing N'gog to Owen? i mean i cant stand Owen as much as the next man, but lets be real here, he's 10 times the player N'gog is.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion