A back-up striker/ partner for torres - Someone like carlton cole

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:47 pm

bigmick wrote:
GYBS wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
GYBS wrote:We have seen a lot of strikers have an indian couple of months then loose form or just become decent strikers - have to see what happens with cole.

sure and then we can pay 10 more millions...

even now i expect west ham would look for around 15 mil plus for him just because he is flavour of the month - for me thats way over priced for some of his ability .

Surely if you buy him though you get ALL of his ability, not some of it  ???

apologies will go back and correct my poor grammar .  :)
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando26 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:48 pm

we have torres best partner already in gerrard and id give the young players a chance as back up
Nando26

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:51 pm

Ngog done enough tonight to be given a chance
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:57 am

Nando26 wrote:we have torres best partner already in gerrard and id give the young players a chance as back up

yet again someone who has not read my first post...  :)
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:59 pm

GYBS wrote:Ngog done enough tonight to be given a chance

I was surprised he wasn't on the bench on Saturday given we had like Babel and Riera as attacking options for that game, and why he needed to be taken off I don't know. We need to give our back-up strikers games, time on the pitch at the very least to keep them sharp for when they might be called upon. But Rafa has a rather bizarre use of subs most of the time, taking off Riera or taking a key player off with 10 minutes of the game (or less) left.

Our options of Torres, Kuyt, N'Gog, Babel and Voronin aren't that bad, maybe not the best in the league but then we do have the best striker in the league and Dirk does ok from wherever he is played. Give N'Gog more than 32 minutes or whatever it is average, then maybe he'll score more than a goal every four appearances (five in 22) Likewise Voronin, he gets a lot of stick but poses a lot more threat than Babel often does (until the past few games)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:19 pm

Whilst I am not suggesting that he would be the ideal partner for Torres, i reckon we should be monitoring how well Wolves new Austrian striker Maierhofer does in the PL. He seems like an ideal option to bring on for the last half hour if we are having no joy from other avenues - he certainly caused both Villa and Blackburn big problems when coming on against them. He'd also force opposition defences to play a very different game to if they were just facing Torres. He's also not getting any younger, having come into the game very late, and will probably want one last shot at a big club before its too late. Added to this if Wolves go down he may be available quite cheaply....
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby Nando26 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:57 pm

maguskwt wrote:
Nando26 wrote:we have torres best partner already in gerrard and id give the young players a chance as back up

yet again someone who has not read my first post...  :)

point?
Nando26

Postby RedBlood » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:04 pm

torres and gerrard are both big enough to look after themselves and playing someone like cole next to nando wouldnt stop players trying to kick him out the game, plus i reckon he would cost alot more then 12million
i think when aquillani returns the torres gerrard partnership can resume in ripping defences apart and its more a case of finding back-up for them then anything
but i would put my faith in the youngsters like ngog babel pachecco etc its the only way well get the best out of them
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:51 am

Crouch is still class. His third goal last night was absolutely top quality.

And people can't say he wanted to leave because he wasn't getting first team football. He's not a regular first choice at Spurs either.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby DrPepe » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:15 am

stmichael wrote:Crouch is still class. His third goal last night was absolutely top quality.

And people can't say he wanted to leave because he wasn't getting first team football. He's not a regular first choice at Spurs either.

and he's already been moaning about that, 6 games into the season
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:19 am

It'll be interesting with Crouch if he starts on a roll and gets up to matching the scoring form of his life which he had with us and England for a spell. I wonder if Redknapp will try and keep him in that form by rotating him into dizziness, or whether he'll go for the somewhat old fashioned approach of sticking with a striker while he's hot.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:24 am

bigmick wrote:It'll be interesting with Crouch if he starts on a roll and gets up to matching the scoring form of his life which he had with us and England for a spell. I wonder if Redknapp will try and keep him in that form by rotating him into dizziness, or whether he'll go for the somewhat old fashioned approach of sticking with a striker while he's hot.

I agree there.

Keane isn't the same player he was during his last spell at Spurs. Whether his disastrous spell with us has drained his confidence I don't know but the obvious partnership for Spurs is Crouch and Defoe as they played with each other at Pompey.

Against United the other week, Redknapp played Keane left wing and nothing was said. If Rafa had done that he'd have been absolutely slaughtered.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:28 am

Crouches finish for the last goal was very good .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:30 am

GYBS wrote:Crouches finish for the last goal was very good .

good finish for a big man
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:33 am

DrPepe wrote:
GYBS wrote:Crouches finish for the last goal was very good .

good finish for a big man

good feet for a big man  :)
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion