8 goals in 2 matches - Whats happening

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:25 pm

burjennio wrote:
Dont know why Kuyt was taken off but it was probably because he didnt have much left on the tank and we needed to exploit their left back (Gibbs was it?) and try to force the issue down the right flank... he had a horrible game and with better quality down the right

The same Dirk Kuyt who set up 2 goals? Are you high?

are you illiterate ?
can you not read or what is it ?
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:26 pm

GYBS wrote:ACE - I dare you to be positive about  the club never seen it at all on here .

im sorry Gybs i dont do kinky sex games...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:26 pm

If you take out arshavins goals we would have won there last night
:(
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:28 pm

I'd bet my house that Benitez told the players to slow it down last night and during the 2nd half at Chelsea as well.  He's ALL about controlling tempo and keeping things tight and organized.  Ergo, I think the fact that we didn't manage to do so has more to do with players playing with urgency and adrenalin and less to do with instructions or lack thereof from the manager.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:28 pm

Sir Roger wrote:If you take out arshavins goals we would have won there last night
:(

HaHa thats gotta be daftest post I ever seen.

Only messing fella made me laught tho.  :)
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:28 pm

aCe' wrote:
burjennio wrote:
Dont know why Kuyt was taken off but it was probably because he didnt have much left on the tank and we needed to exploit their left back (Gibbs was it?) and try to force the issue down the right flank... he had a horrible game and with better quality down the right

are you illiterate ?

ok, you think Kuyt had a good game? But you think we should have had better quality down the right? You think that the offensive end of the performance last night needed improvement?
burjennio

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:36 pm

burjennio wrote:
aCe' wrote:
burjennio wrote:

are you illiterate ?

ok, you think Kuyt had a good game? But you think we should have had better quality down the right? You think that the offensive end of the performance last night needed improvement?

I think kuyt did ok in patchs last night was alot better then his performance to CL.

I personaly feel rafa made the mistake of taking him off to late he did look tierd around 60 mins onwards I felt it was type of game babel was beeging to come on down the right and get into that poor LB.

But babel got put on left when I felt riera wan't doing to bad there him self and we lost a fair bit of our attacking ballance.

I think arba was weak link last night down the right alot of time he had to think twice about passes and look very tierd more so when tracking back.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:38 pm

GYBS wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:Yeah come on lets not get into dreaming up what others think stick to the facts of what they post.

IF you still don't understand then leave it cos people don't like to explain things more then once.

:laugh:

thats just laughable coming from you it really is .

Yeah I made mistake I learnt from it whats the big deal now I am wiser so what ?

You never make mistakes ?

Thought we understood our selfs a bit more after that PM I sent you ?
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:43 pm

burjennio wrote:
aCe' wrote:
burjennio wrote:

are you illiterate ?

yea i think Kuyt had a very good game... if we had someone with a little more belief in their own ability down the right i think we could have caused them a whole lot more trouble down the flank than we did... the few times we used our right flank well we got rewarded for it... there was room to be exploited and their leftback was a shambles basically all night.. could have used it as an outlet more often if we had someone better playing down there... Elzhar isnt quite the world beater now is he ...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:54 pm

It essentially comes back to the base camp theory. We are like we are because we haven't been there before. Ferguson has said a few rimes now that if they go into the last game needing to win in order to be Champions, he'd take that all day long. If the Mancs go a goal up against Pompey (which I think they will) then they'll try and squeeze the game dry, get the second and cruise home. We can do it too, the players are good enough, the manager as Bob says invented the blueprint but just now it is beyond us.

It's hardly surprising when you think about it. You've only got to read a amtch thread while the game is being played to see it's not just the manager and players who get a bit jumpy. You get the manager being called a c..., such and such a player being called a w@nker and the team a bunch of no hopers until we pull ourselves out of the sh!te and suddenly the manager is a genius, we're "proud" of the teams efforts and the bloke who scored the winner is the messiah. All these opinions come from the same posters within ten minutes.

I'm not in any way shape or form slagging those posters here please understand, we're all guilty of it because we want the fecker so much. Some lads have got kind of a reverse phsycology thing going on whereby if they say "ah feck it we'll never equalise" we generally do, or if they say "take Kuyt off he's a donkey" he generally scores and more power to their elbow. I tend to not move positions if things are going well, I'll send Eff the dog out of the room if I'm looking for a change of luck. Whatever floats your boat, but the players feel the need to win it and they just get a bit carried away occasionally. If it was the managers fault needless to say I'd say so, but it isn't. Perhaps the base camp theory is going to hold good after all, my only beef is that I'm absolutely convinced that not only will we need the experience of the cauldron next time, we'll also need to be a better football team. Arsenal showed this morning that they are on the improve, Chelsea are too.

Got to say though, all technical analysis aside, we should be charging pay per view on every match of ours at the moment and saving up the money to buy whoever we want. Feck me it's compulsive viewing from the first minute to the last in every game just now, you can't even go for a p!ss or you'll miss a goal.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:03 pm

bigmick wrote:Feck me it's compulsive viewing from the first minute to the last in every game just now, you can't even go for a p!ss or you'll miss a goal.

Funny you should say that ; twice last night I went outside to have a ciggie or to have a hit 'n miss....and each time I missed an Arsenal goal....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:05 pm

bigmick wrote:It essentially comes back to the base camp theory. We are like we are because we haven't been there before. Ferguson has said a few rimes now that if they go into the last game needing to win in order to be Champions, he'd take that all day long. If the Mancs go a goal up against Pompey (which I think they will) then they'll try and squeeze the game dry, get the second and cruise home. We can do it too, the players are good enough, the manager as Bob says invented the blueprint but just now it is beyond us.

It's hardly surprising when you think about it. You've only got to read a amtch thread while the game is being played to see it's not just the manager and players who get a bit jumpy. You get the manager being called a c..., such and such a player being called a w@nker and the team a bunch of no hopers until we pull ourselves out of the sh!te and suddenly the manager is a genius, we're "proud" of the teams efforts and the bloke who scored the winner is the messiah. All these opinions come from the same posters within ten minutes.

I'm not in any way shape or form slagging those posters here please understand, we're all guilty of it because we want the fecker so much. Some lads have got kind of a reverse phsycology thing going on whereby if they say "ah feck it we'll never equalise" we generally do, or if they say "take Kuyt off he's a donkey" he generally scores and more power to their elbow. I tend to not move positions if things are going well, I'll send Eff the dog out of the room if I'm looking for a change of luck. Whatever floats your boat, but the players feel the need to win it and they just get a bit carried away occasionally. If it was the managers fault needless to say I'd say so, but it isn't. Perhaps the base camp theory is going to hold good after all, my only beef is that I'm absolutely convinced that not only will we need the experience of the cauldron next time, we'll also need to be a better football team. Arsenal showed this morning that they are on the improve, Chelsea are too.

Got to say though, all technical analysis aside, we should be charging pay per view on every match of ours at the moment and saving up the money to buy whoever we want. Feck me it's compulsive viewing from the first minute to the last in every game just now, you can't even go for a p!ss or you'll miss a goal.

Its football mick you can't make sense of it just when you do it changes relax and just enjoy the ride.  :laugh:
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:07 pm

what's happened is that we have been possessed by the spirit of keegan's newcastle (the 1st one, that is). we're attacking like crazy men and it is a sight to behold, love it. but our defending, and i'm stumped as to why except for the fact that everyone else is playing further forward, has gone to the dogs in the last 3 games.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:07 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
bigmick wrote:Feck me it's compulsive viewing from the first minute to the last in every game just now, you can't even go for a p!ss or you'll miss a goal.

Funny you should say that ; twice last night I went outside to have a ciggie or to have a hit 'n miss....and each time I missed an Arsenal goal....

Bloody give up smoking then  :veryangry

:D
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:08 pm

GYBS wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:

Bloody give up smoking then  :veryangry

:D

I've decided to, mate.....
I've had enough jip from my 7 year old daughter over it,.....and she's right !!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion