41 reasons to laugh at mancs - In preparation for sunday

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sean » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:13 pm

Last year we beat Leverkusen, Juve, Chelsea & Milan to win the trophy.  We did it the hard way.  It was no fluke and not a Benitez miracle.  It was Liverpool doing the business in europe, just like we are doing this year.  I'm delighted that people are writing us off.  People did the same last year and it worked nicely in our favour.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Poolinc. » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:20 pm

25. Fergie deliberately forgetting to mention Liverpool whenever he talks about Europe's most successful clubs - every time a Champions League game comes around

:D  I remember that interview when he was talking about only truly great teams win the European Cup 4 times, and then his face changed as he realised that he had just inadvertently called Liverpool a "truly great team". You could see he wanted to vomit! Why, oh why was there not a competent interviewer who would immediately have picked up on it and said " And, of course, by your definition Alex, your neighbours over in Anfield are also European greats!" It would have been priceless to see him squirm his way around that cos he couldn't and would have to spit out the words "Yes, Liverpool are also a truly great team!"
The horrible pr1k!
Poolinc.

Postby Sean » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:24 pm

It's like when he was asked if he would take the England managers job, he replied no and that he would never betray his country.  Surely a competent interviewer with balls would have stated that he had already betrayed his country when he left Alan Hansen out of the Scotland 1986 world cup squad.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:34 pm

Quality :D

3 words - FIVE EUROPEAN CUPS :p

ROLL ON SATURDAY  :buttrock
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:40 pm

my fave was fowler overshadowing the crazy frenchmans return with 2 cracking goals,especially the first goal in the top corner leaving schmeichel stunned :buttrock, does anybody remeber ronnie whelan own goal from 30 yards out ,great consolation goal for the scummers
Last edited by mighty mo on Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:19 am

There is nothing quite like an upcoming game against the Mancs........

Some of my best and worst memories of watching LFC have involved our lesser accomplished neighbours....

I echo what JBG said about growing up in the 80's and having to listen to their fans cream themselves over Best , Law and Charlton etc..... Post 1992 they conveniently dispense with their history and proclaim that football has only just begun with the advent of the Premiership???

At LFC we honour and appreciate the past and hope it's legacy will help us achieve in the present.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ynwa » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:17 am

3 is fave fergie hates us like we hate them
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:25 am

38. is my favorite LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Ruddock winding Cantona up by continually turning his collars down and provoking a retaliation that earned the Frenchman a booking - October 1995

bring it on MANC SCUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:07 pm

one of the most embarassing memories has to be the cream suits at wembley :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/4694012.stm
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:44 pm

:bump in prerparation for the weekends game.

What are your best and worst memories of games against the Mancs in the past. Here's mine.

Best:

2000/2001 - Murphy's free kick/Stevie's 30 yarder, Robbie jogging past the away end.
2001/2002 - RIIIIIIIIISSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
2002/2003 - Beating their strongest side at Cardiff and laughing at any 'Mickey Mouse Cup' jibes during the following week.
1991/1992 - The game that clinched the title for Leeds. Rushie's first against them, the kop going mental when Walters put the game beyond doubt. Can you remember feeling that day as if Man U would NEVER win the league again? It was much short lived, but that day it felt sweet.

(Indirectly) 2004/2005 Istanbul. Didn't play them that night, but the result has certainly riled them ever since hasn't it?

Worst:

1995/1996 - Losing the Cup Final in those circumstances after putting on a dire show like that. We'd bossed both league games as well, which made it an all the more bitter pill to swallow.

1996/1997, 1997/1998 - Two 3-1 defeats. The first killed our title chances, the second showed a gulf in class.

1998/1999 - Having to begrudgingly give them respect for their achievements that season. As much as I hate them I had to doth my cap slightly to that. Ba$tards.

1998/1999 - Yorke 89, Solskjaer 90. 'nuff said.

The whole 1990s watching them win the league and having to endure watching Sky presenters creaming themselves silly as if nobody had ever won the league before.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dilbertsbanana » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:52 pm

I was at the match where clough scored twice, absolutely genius!!!

and the risse free kick was just.... words cant describe

The Murphy chip over Barthez was genius, put him in folklore forever with that.

My worst was the 1-0 cup final. Possibly the worst cup final in history. Cantona scored the only goal but in all honesty no one really seemed that bothered, on the pitch at least. I was at uni during that match and was ribbed non stop by some mancs.
meep meep
dilbertsbanana

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:06 pm

What are your best and worst memories of games against the Mancs in the past. Here's mine.

A couple of bad memories, firstly losing the FA cup final and those cream suites :D  Ronnie Whelan scoring a peach of an own goal at OT in 89/90 season. God I felt for him, that day you could see he wanted the ground to open up and swallow him.

A couple of good ones beating ..... no sorry hammering them 4-0 at Anfield, and John Barnes's finish in the same game Whelan scored the Og.
66-1112520797

Postby BOODIDDY » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:38 am

I know this ain't us but when fowler scored for city and ran with his arms up like mourinho did when i liked him at porto just after he had done it. Class.

Last year when he scored the fourth and just put a full hand up in front of them.

Go Robbie lad!
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:55 pm

I remember number 38 it was hilarious well done Big Neil. :bowdown
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:58 pm

Fergie deliberately forgetting to mention Liverpool whenever he talks about Europe's most successful clubs - every time a Champions League game comes around

Manhattan also would like to mention that when Fergie talks about Man Utd's domination in the 1990's, he seems to think this occured due to his brilliant tactical strategy which somehow overcame LFC and replaced them as the dominant team. It fails to take into account that rather than being overwelmed by Fergie's brilliance, LFC pretty much self-destructed under Souness's management due to the players he signed. LFC's self-influcted decline corresponds with United's rise and it took LFC years to recover from the Souness years.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion