41 reasons to laugh at mancs - In preparation for sunday

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dalglish » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:40 am

41 is my personal fave , a class performance by a class side . that 78 side was IMO the greatest ever liverpool side ....I'm filling up , i'm going to have to lie down !!! :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:47 am

3.The four replica European Cup's being waved enthusiastically in the away section at Old Trafford (rumour has it that 18 League titles were confiscated at the turnstiles!) - January 2002

Image         :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:50 am

LFC #1 wrote:3.The four replica European Cup's being waved enthusiastically in the away section at Old Trafford (rumour has it that 18 League titles were confiscated at the turnstiles!) - January 2002

Image         :D

I was at the united game in 98 when they had JUST been knocked out of the CL (again) by Monaco and a reds fan was running up and down the gamgway with a European Cup ....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:54 am

brilliant. :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:27 am

2 words- DANNY MURPHY
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:26 pm

:bump

just i thought i would bump this thread for those who haven't seen it before.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Squigels » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:35 pm

Speaking of Mbe's and Obe's is Parry still crying out for your entire team to get one? don't make me laugh lads does whatever the queen hand out actually bother anyone let the cricket nonces have the awards.

United fans still go on about the 58 team because they would have been one of the greats and nearly certainly future european champions. Players such as  Duncan Edwards could have been among the greats.

The 68 team is raved about because it had three european footbalers of the year in one team and you have to concede three of the greats.
Squigels

Postby Sean » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:52 pm

If the '68 team was so good why didn't they win the cup again the following year.  The great Liverpool, Milan, Forest, Ajax, Madrid and Bayern teams proved their greatness by achieving this.

Also, when Fergie assisted Jock Stein with Scotland in 1985, the Scots played Wales in a crucial World Cup qualifier (Tragically, Stein collapsed and died on the touchline).  In preparation for the game, Fergie asked Dalglish, Souness, Nicol and Hansen how they could stop Ian Rush who represented Wales' main threat.  The Liverpool boys didn't co-operate and simply told Fergie they didn't know how to stop Rushie, who was then at his peak.

I reckon that this incident lit the fuse for Fergie and he has hated Liverpool ever since.  As matters transpired, Fergie took over from Stein and managed Scotland at Mexico '86.  He disgracefully favoured Miller and McLeish to world class Hansen.  After Hansen was omitted from the world cup squad, Dalglish pulled out with a knee injury (it is widely believed that he opted out as a protest for Hansen's omission), if my memory serves me correctly Souness was dropped for one of the world cup games and Nicol hardly figured.

Fergie has had huge success.  There is no denying that.  He should be a satisfied man but compare how bitter, resentful, unhappy and twisted he is to the contented, dignified and humble human being Bob Paisley was.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:00 pm

apparently the last time we played manure at anfield in a cup tie was in the 4th round of the league cup in 1985. seems unbelievable when you say it but apparently it's true.

can anyone confirm this? no doubt some people who post on here were there ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Squigels » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:02 pm

Your right Fergie was a :censored: to the Liverpool scot contingent part of the reason Alan Hanson despite been one of the scotish greats is not revered at all up there.

The 68 team not repeating was a problem that can be associated to Busby leaving and not been replaced while you had paisley for Shankly United had Wilf Mc Guiness no real comparison. There were a few other good players in the 68 team but the main 3 carried them.  Bestie hit the rails soon after as well.

Stopping Rushie, Fergie was alright at that Rushie was class but only scored once or twice against United. Usually the system was put Paul Mc Grath on him as Mc Grath could match him for pace and strength.

The older managers were more humbe Paisley was a fantastic example along with the recently departed Greenwood and Busby all humble carachtars.

Fergie is bitter he valued topping liverpool as his greatest acompolishment even above the treble  (The exact quote was more explicit)
Squigels

Postby Sean » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:10 pm

It must really hurt fergie that after spending 20 years at united, Liverpool are still champions of europe and are likely to continue to be englands main hope of winning the european cup again this year and in the coming years.  Despite his premiership success it's something I reckon fergie wll never be able to come to terms with.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Squigels » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:29 pm

Don't know don't want it to happen i would say Chelsea are a good bet this year.

This year im saying Juventus il probobly look an idiot this time in 4 months but they are lookin a good side.
Squigels

Postby Sean » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:35 pm

We knocked both Juve and Chelsea out last year and we'll do it again on our way to european cup number 6 !
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Squigels » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:42 pm

TO be honest with you both of those sides are improved so i wouldn't consider you favorites.

With the greatest respect I think Liverpool have quite a bit to go before they can be considered regular contenders for the champions league. Do you think what happened last year will happen again Benitez can't pull miracles evrey year.
Squigels

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:11 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
stmichael wrote:2. Lou Macari leaving Celtic and turning us down in favour of United. Look what you could have Lou! - December 1972

My personal fave.

You 'orrible little idiot Lou......

Ha Ha Ha

totally idiot

and shankly :censored: 'em off by saying we only need em for reserves

classic one
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion